• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that Nightcrawler "universe" busting feat is up there with Superman sneezing away star systems or lifting a book of "infinite" pages in terms of classic feats that get taken outta context.

If you give Hulk all is outlier feats (which DB actually did) Broly would've got stomped.

Tl;dr DB contradicted they own standards for consistency/accuracy but that's something folks already knew beforehand not that we're any better tbh

Yeah that Nightcrawler "universe" busting feat is up there with Superman sneezing away star systems or lifting a book of "infinite" pages in terms of classic feats that get taken outta context.

If you give Hulk all is outlier feats (which DB actually did) Broly would've got stomped.

Tl;dr DB contradicted they own standards for consistency/accuracy but that's something folks already knew beforehand not that we're any better tbh
That too

the only feats they used for hulk was the nightcrawler feat and him hurting Hyperion to put him at that tier
the nightcrawler is more solid to use for the hulk and one i easily saw coming for them to use given it's blatant the rest are morso dubious
Well I was being snarky when I said all the outliers but the Nightcrawler feat alone would've given Hulk the W (which is low 1-C btw).

This is why you watch a vid instead of dismissing it as another bad debunk lol!

The Nightcrawler has been shown and blatantly stated to be superior to (Classic) Doctor Strange and Hulk beat him also that "universe" that was destroyed during the battle was in a higher plane of reality.
cause most of them are plus there voice be annoying
i doubt most think that hell most who post treat as standard universe busting hell even a hulk fan showed me the full scans about it where it didn't implied to be some uber reality

cause most of them are plus there voice be annoying
i doubt most think that hell most who post treat as standard universe busting hell even a hulk fan showed me the full scans about it where it didn't implied to be some uber reality
Regardless if you scale Hulk to the (classic) Doctor Strange and the eldritch abominations he fights (all blatantly tier 1) then Hulk would've beaten Broly in their DB.

Ofc outliers aside Broly would beat standard Hulk, the outcome of the DB was correct but the scaling/research was wrong (which has already been addressed numerous times already on this thread).

But yeah, let's drop this shall we?

DBX was a fun concept but imo most fights didn't have that oomph that OMM had (perhaps the lack of urgency of the battle lasting only one minute?), I dunno I enjoyed DBX but I wouldn't miss it if it stopped.

DBX was a fun concept but imo most fights didn't have that oomph that OMM had (perhaps the lack of urgency of the battle lasting only one minute?), I dunno I enjoyed DBX but I wouldn't miss it if it stopped.
I understand I’m just wondering if there focusing most of the work on the upcoming season to make sure every fight be well done from top to bottom

We need a non-fight spin-off.
Options include
Dish Battle, a cooking competition between two popular chefs.
Debate Battle- pretty much a Danganronpa scene.
Duck Battle-What..
Death Baseball-America’s favorite pastime, unneeded violence and balls.
Dance Battle-Hell Yeah, enough said.
Bring Back the Desk of DB- At least once and a while, I really liked that one
And finally
Boomstick shorts- I dunno what to call it but, it better be good.

Options include
Duck Battle-What..
And finally
That would be nice. I heard some fans are getting tired of the same death battle formula

Lore irrelevant when feat contradicts fallacy
This
So Dante and Kratos are still universe level?
And why Norse Kratos is much stronger than Greek Kratos?

Starkiller vs Mewtwo
You mean Galen Marek (Starkiller) vs Mewtwo right?

Oh Mewtwo vs Frieza exists for so many times people are fed up. And Frieza has Megatron to feed Dragon Ball another W.

That would be nice. I heard some fans are getting tired of the same death battle formula
Same here

So apparently for the Zero Two vs Asuka fight track, Brandon made it himself because it’s a match up that he really wants. We do know that sometimes the crew can have an influence on what fights happen in the future, so this may actually happen
Are you sure no one else secretly sends this request?

And who would want Zero Two vs Asuka if people just glance at the anime or just the character profile? It is not like nobody else has made one. And not to say one very uglily stompy.

TBH I prefer Zero-Two (DLTF) vs Zero-Two (Kirby) as hero vs villain hybrid aliens with similar names and colour themes. Not too much close connections you may ask me but still more interesting than Zero Two vs Asuka.

I can’t tell if Zero two vs Zero two is a meme or not. I mean it is a blatant stomp using DB’s scaling for Kirby and Dedede, and the main comparison is mostly visual, same name, and aliens.
I don’t see how the fight would even go.

Are you sure no one else secretly sends this request?

And who would want Zero Two vs Asuka if people just glance at the anime or just the character profile? It is not like nobody else has made one. And not to say one very uglily stompy.

TBH I prefer Zero-Two (DLTF) vs Zero-Two (Kirby) as hero vs villain hybrid aliens with similar names and colour themes. Not too much close connections you may ask me but still more interesting than Zero Two vs Asuka.
I can’t tell if Zero two vs Zero two is a meme or not. I mean it is a blatant stomp using DB’s scaling for Kirby and Dedede, and the main comparison is mostly visual, same name, and aliens.
I don’t see how the fight would even go.
yeah frankly don't see any reasons to do it where its a straight up stomp and not even one that could be entertaining

Zero-Two (DLTF) vs Asuka with EVA-02 (Eva) is a massive stomp anyway you look at it
Zero-Two (DLTF) vs Zero-Two (Kirby) is still a stomp by VBW standard
So here it comes.
At least Zero-Two (DLTF) vs Zero-Two (Kirby) can look cool in a fight considering the Kirby dark matter can buff its own size (which not even Kyle Rayner can) so that animation wise it can look decent.
But the animation of the Apex thing vs EVA 02 can look weird as hell. Unlike the other two Evas the 02 model does not grow mountain-size

I mean as a Kirby fan, it kinda would.
But we already had two top tier sprite fights where we won and might get a third this season.
You mean Yoda vs Meta Knight?
... Wait. Yoda loves flipping and Torrian loves flipping. Will we have Yoda vs Meta Knight in Maya/Unreal 3D? Zero-Two (DLTF) vs Zero-Two (Kirby) can be in 3D SFM then.

Last edited:
Options include
Duck Battle-What..
And finally
We know Death Battle is experimenting this - in fact:

Dish Battle - We have had Ignis Scientia vs Meowscular Chef as a Community Death Battle before. This is interesting. But will it be Toriko style or Soma style?
Debate Battle - pretty much a Danganronpa scene (or Ace Attorney scene)
Duck Battle - No comment
Death Baseball - No comment - just potentially "Death Sports" can be fitting for a lot of things like those killer swimming / tennis / volleyball / soccer / cycling (and more)
Dance Battle - Hell yeah: just the cost... Like how much the cost is for making Muse vs Aqours vs SIFAS vs Liella (Lovelive)? Or Zombie Land Saga vs Lapis Re:Lights vs Idoly Pride?
Bring Back the Desk of DB - the information portrayed is not most and mostly accurate but still bringing Lisa Foiles back is good. Just her fee may be way too good for Rooster Teeth now...
Boomstick shorts - the casual interactions between Wiz and Boomstick? I am fine.

Zero-Two from Kirby is really just Large Planet level, if that does anything.

I wonder if MK's cape and Yoda's tunic will give issues animating in 3D, but luckily they can be removed early if needed to. Somebody said before they had almost no connections, but I'll add to it
  • Small size
  • Underestimation via size and appearance when it turns out they're very powerful: The Kirby series has this as 1 of its themes, Yoda himself has it too as always implied and stated in at least Labyrinth of Evil
  • Knights
  • Use of a sword
  • Combat with an emphasis on speed and agility
  • Mentors: MK only really counts as this in the non-canon continuity of the anime, but then, going up against SW means the non-canon Legends continuity will be used for even the verdict
  • They're among the last survivors of their kind of warriors, incredibly old and leading the new generation: Only when using the anime in MK's case
  • They're the respected leader of his group of warriors: The Jedi order and Meta-Knights respectively
  • Space-themed: Star Wars and Kirby of the Stars (real name of the series), they go to space a lot
  • They fought someone who is the strongest in their respective regards: Darth Sidious and Galacta Knight, but MK won his fight
  • They couldn't defeat certain powerful foe despite all their determination, feeling ashamed for it: Darth Sidious again and Kirby. MK lost to Kirby many times and in the last game tried his best only to still lose, notably feeling bad for it and making this a small part of his character given the relevance given to it. Yoda lost to Sidious once but the Revenge of the Sith novel points it out as a battle he would have never been able to win, Yoda being ashamed for it too. In both cases it's made extra clear that they're both still comparable to their foes, they just couldn't win because...who knows, is it their fault? It can be.
  • They're both the strongest in their side: Yoda was the most powerful on the Jedi and MK was actually said to be the strongest warrior up to Triple Deluxe, maybe he still is or maybe not, but he likely got that via defeating Galacta Knight.
  • They explore the mysteries of the cosmos: Yoda got to know and see things about the Force others simply didn't, going to special places and meeting special beings, MK got to experience larger-than-life stuff in any adventure where "Another Dimension" and "Void Termina" can be said to be related.
  • They make use of similar energies that are mysterious, based on feelings, and unseen (..unless it's seen): The Force and positive energy, the latter sounds new to MK, having been in actually 3 stories so far, but similar things that are likely the same have always been used in Kirby
  • Miscellaneous:
    • They both turn into a ghost when they die (Minor for MK)
    • They can both mindhax others (Relevant for MK, just too resent)
    • They both got mentally manipulated (MK mind controlled and corrupted, Yoda all the time gets missguided by the dark cloud of the Sith, every dumb thing the Jedi ever did is in [Legends] canon due to Pals using that to make them dumber
    • They both have TK (minor aspect for MK, but his is surprisingly more powerful, if less versatile, as its LS scales to himself and Kirby)
  • Not a similarity but an opposite end of the spectrum and my favorite connection; Yoda went on a quest that gave him his eternal life, which is pretty much the ultimate gift and something that can only be achieved by being pure like him, the power-seeking Sith wanting this as their main goal and being fated to never get it. MK is power-seeking, not pure unlike Kirby, and the latter's sheer goodness rewards him with great victories and power, better than MK's, and likely as the reason he loses to him. Yoda even overcame a dark version of him whereas MK got defeated by his, when Kirby didn't even had to deal with his as he had no evil. Neither Yoda or Kirby really ambitioned what they got, they just had to have it as a result of the circumstances, MK and the Sith really want that stuff and they're never, ever gonna get it, despite being always in their reach

Last edited:
Telekinesis. Also
  • They were the most OP on a fighting game: Soul Calibur 4 and SSBB
  • Come from an unnamed, mysterious alien species that is presumably inherently powerful

Did i bring up Aatrox vs Gorr?
LOL vs Marvel huh? Thanks for the suggestion.
Just I don't know much about LOL: how major is Aatrox as a character?

DITF is also influenced from NGE, especially the two main girls, like if its not obvious enough
Just the size and AP gap is too huge.
And arguably Rei will be pit against Zero-Two should it be a major female protagonist + giant robot-monster hybrid battle.

Plus Zero Two can’t really get to her high tier stuff without Hiro for the most part. Though Death Battle may find some way around it so who knows
Then I can say: Strelitzia is the Franxx piloted by Code:016 (Hiro) and Code:002 (Zero-Two). So if either pilot is out the mech is immobilised.

Also, a potential click count for each episode is determined by a few things: good animations, audio / visual effects, fight choreography, research coherence, freshness and surprise elements (in a sense that some interesting character is brought into, there are at least some points to debate and the stomp gap is not so massive). Request numbers is less important unless for really classic rivalries and I mean Mario vs Sonic or Batman vs Spider-Man classic.

Just how Cyborg vs Android 17 takes over Cyborg vs Genos in popularity as long as the audience realise Genos is unmatched against even War Machine (who is less powerful and haxxed than Cyborg).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back