• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Donny Cates Venom has been a Hearld for the last few years lmao.
He's only been a herald post Crona fight
DB community complains about overuse of capeshit
Death Battle: So what you're saying.....you want more of it?

I'm starting to think DB thinks the complaints are strictly for Marvel vs DC MUs and they think the community has no issue with the amount of DC vs Non-Marvel/Marvel vs non-DC
You can't blame death battle when the community will come up with MU featuring a Capeshit character
Tbh the issue isn’t as much “less capeshit” so much as is “less capeshit we couldn’t care less about”
There’s also financial reasons about comic DBs bringing in the most views on average due to notoriety, especially compared to obscure anime #37 or niche game #44.
Exactly most of DB most viewed episodes In the last two seasons involved well known capeshit characters
Black vs Thawne is the second most viewed episode outta of S8
And yeah capeshit we couldn't care less about

this shit is a :YesChad: meme just waiting to happen

Comes from Xenoblade
We know a lot of characters tremble in fear

Exactly most of DB most viewed episodes In the last two seasons involved well known capeshit characters
Black vs Thawne is the second most viewed episode outta of S8
And yeah capeshit we couldn't care less about
It is sad that wrong use of capeshit matchups leads to undermining of other actually good capeshit matchups.

Latest work from Yates. Eren Yeager vs Yuichiro Hyakuya. Do we call this a matchup for Eren- wait our profiles say Eren still dies. Not to ay salt. Lots and lots of salt.

Still no news of commissioned music from Therewolf.

Last edited:
Anyways Episode was good definitely an 8.2/10
The death was nice and refreshing In the show

Next episode oh boy Thor vs Vegeta
Somewhat surprised until I remember the Thor movie was supposed to come in May until the delay happen and the DB Movie was suppose to happen this month until BS happened as well

Also Swan is writing the episode

anybody felt the analysis parts was super fast? 5ish min for each character this time, they usually get 7min. 16 min episode on RT.

also isn't the Upper Moon 6's feat in the anime Season 2 better than the Douma feat? I'm pretty sure they used no S2 clips either.

Anyways Episode was good definitely an 8.2/10
The death was nice and refreshing In the show

Next episode oh boy Thor vs Vegeta
Somewhat surprised until I remember the Thor movie was supposed to come in May until the delay happen and the DB Movie was suppose to happen this month until BS happened as well

Also Swan is writing the episode
Entirety of season 9 cast was already made in the middle of 2021. That's why I think, that Morbius vs Manbat can happen this season.
From their point of view (mid 2021), there is no reason not to do this mu. Venom movie by Sony was a blockbuster, so why not Morbius? Sure, now this movie is a failure, but Death Battle didn't know about it in 2021.

Entirety of season 9 cast was already made in the middle of 2021. That's why I think, that Morbius vs Manbat can happen this season.
From their point of view (mid 2021), there is no reason not to do this mu. Venom movie by Sony was a blockbuster, so why not Morbius? Sure, now this movie is a failure, but Death Battle didn't know about it in 2021.
Mobius is too much of a ******* who and him vs Manbat is far from a popular MU in regards to Marvel vs DC MU so don't get crazy

Anyway spite battle did it again. Jojo was FTL and tanjiro was faster than lightning spite
When Stardust Crusaders DIO can get 1500 c, getting 1c to 4c-ish speed is considered slow.

But this also means Rengoku is also faster than lightning. And Mirio is lightning dodging. And would that change anything? Will they finally need to talk about that heaven piercing ice spike?

Technically Jonathan is only about twice as strong... (He has a lot of durability negation means tbh)

This next time will be the 3rd time Thor is featured in Death Battle?
Yes.

Mobius is too much of a ******* who and him vs Manbat is far from a popular MU in regards to Marvel vs DC MU so don't get crazy
This makes Inque and Ace the Bat-hound popular in comparison.

Poor crew. They thought they were doing awesome, but it turns out MS Paint-ish.

It’s Swan, so it came as I expected it. At least I enjoyed the fight and the ending was really good.
Good thing the Swan script is great as always.

You know what? Tetsuo match up can be mid-season finale. It can't be 3D, because
making 3D fetus would be too hard to animate
but hand drawn would work. Akira is well known for it animation.
So season mid-finale is a 2D sprite fight? Not against it though.

Now we have 4 battles left before the summer break? And during summer, only smaller videos are uploaded. I would really love to see the Unicron ve Galactius.
With "those" movies actually postponed to 2023, at least we are actually seeing their rears.

This next time will be the 3rd time Thor is featured in Death Battle?
Ye
You know what? Tetsuo match up can be mid-season finale. It can't be 3D, because
making 3D fetus would be too hard to animate
but hand drawn would work. Akira is well known for it animation.
No Magneto vs Tetsuo isn't a mid season finale tier episode lol
It works better as a Sprite/HD moment

That makes sense that's why I call it spite battle. Sometimes there matches are ok other times they are not.
A spiteful matchup means one makes a battle intentionally made to have one executed by the other.

A stompy matchup focus more on the degree of power difference and counter options that one is totally screwed by the other. All spite episodes are stomp episodes but not "necessarily" all stomp episodes are spite matchups.

But stompiness does discount a matchup's exciting element. Not that cannot be compensated but a detriment still exists.

Ok no spoilers, rant time.

**** NEXT TIME

Its been absolutely miserable for 5 months in DB. And not just because of comics overuse (also I predicted comics being next being possible, haha :^)) in fact its besides that. Constant smug Thor fans smackering has been painful, not to mention other minor stuff like 4Chan's Thorposting. And its going to get worse.

Its been worsened by Marvel being even worse in stories, spaceship Hulk and the Nth time they **** Peter from MJ. I have lost so much enjoyment for comics in last 3-4 years. ******* Toyotaro is better writer than modern Marvel.

God forbid the comics wank because we cant use consistency anymore. I actually read Immortal Hulk & Cates' Venom, and the stuff G1 and others filtered to wank them sucks. And no Cal, just because nigh everything else gets wanked, including DBS, doesnt justify it.

Now, I'm blatantly DBS sounding fan, so does Vegeta win? If they use an iota of Thorforce well what the **** do you think?

The real catch is DB is still mysterious. Who the **** knows what they'll use besides an EVEN FASTER THOR lol

Rooting Vegeta, betting on misery and also praying next time is better time.

this has got to be one of the saddest endings of death battle.

At least this ending of death battle technically might be one of the few happy endings in that at least Jonathan can protect nezuko and Jonathan felt sorry for his actions

this has got to be one of the saddest endings of death battle.

At least this ending of death battle technically might be one of the few happy endings in that at least Jonathan can protect nezuko and Jonathan felt sorry for his actions
Crackpot time: Nezuko may have just rejected Jonathan's offer and Tanjiro's will and... "live" with Tanjiro "elsewhere".

The ambiguity did make story flow fluent yet leaving room for imagination. Somehow made up for the Hado 99 frame crank.

Crackpot time: Nezuko may have just rejected Jonathan's offer and Tanjiro's will and... "live" with Tanjiro "elsewhere".

The ambiguity did make story flow fluent yet leaving room for imagination. Somehow made up for the Hado 99 frame crank.
since death battles version of Jonathan is stronger than tanjiro.

i can assume Jonathan would make a great guardian for nezuko as he’s got the brains and brawn’s to beat muzan and other threats.

though since death battle is a multiverse

i don’t know how Jonathan can fight DB dio as Jotaro is now dead and he killed alucard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back