• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I saw coming. One of the few fights that really could have been avoided by talking. Jonathan was a bit OOC going right to violence like that, but battle's gotta battle. And the scaling. Is it really fair comparing Joestar Blood amp'd, vampire DIO to Part 1 Jonathan, though? That said, I really liked that last fakeout. Animation and effects were a little wonky, but it was a good fight

Ok no spoilers, rant time.

**** NEXT TIME

Its been absolutely miserable for 5 months in DB. And not just because of comics overuse (also I predicted comics being next being possible, haha :^)) in fact its besides that. Constant smug Thor fans smackering has been painful, not to mention other minor stuff like 4Chan's Thorposting. And its going to get worse.

Its been worsened by Marvel being even worse in stories, spaceship Hulk and the Nth time they **** Peter from MJ. I have lost so much enjoyment for comics in last 3-4 years. ******* Toyotaro is better writer than modern Marvel.

God forbid the comics wank because we cant use consistency anymore. I actually read Immortal Hulk & Cates' Venom, and the stuff G1 and others filtered to wank them sucks. And no Cal, just because nigh everything else gets wanked, including DBS, doesnt justify it.

Now, I'm blatantly DBS sounding fan, so does Vegeta win? If they use an iota of Thorforce well what the **** do you think?

The real catch is DB is still mysterious. Who the **** knows what they'll use besides an EVEN FASTER THOR lol

Rooting Vegeta, betting on misery and also praying next time is better time.
Yes we get it. We understand. You hate comics. Comics wank this, comics wank that. And no, it isn't even wank.

That said, I also dread next time. Especially because of all the obnoxious Thor fans, DB fanboys, and a certain infamous individual coming back.

Crackpot time: Nezuko may have just rejected Jonathan's offer and Tanjiro's will and... "live" with Tanjiro "elsewhere".

The ambiguity did make story flow fluent yet leaving room for imagination. Somehow made up for the Hado 99 frame crank.

I was about to say, because what else was the recoil of Nekuzo's hand supposed to be? Of course she's not going to immediately trust the pillock who just... oh I dunno MURDERED HER BROTHER.

Ok no spoilers, rant time.

**** NEXT TIME

Its been absolutely miserable for 5 months in DB. And not just because of comics overuse (also I predicted comics being next being possible, haha :^)) in fact its besides that. Constant smug Thor fans smackering has been painful, not to mention other minor stuff like 4Chan's Thorposting. And its going to get worse.

Its been worsened by Marvel being even worse in stories, spaceship Hulk and the Nth time they **** Peter from MJ. I have lost so much enjoyment for comics in last 3-4 years. ******* Toyotaro is better writer than modern Marvel.

God forbid the comics wank because we cant use consistency anymore. I actually read Immortal Hulk & Cates' Venom, and the stuff G1 and others filtered to wank them sucks. And no Cal, just because nigh everything else gets wanked, including DBS, doesnt justify it.

Now, I'm blatantly DBS sounding fan, so does Vegeta win? If they use an iota of Thorforce well what the **** do you think?

The real catch is DB is still mysterious. Who the **** knows what they'll use besides an EVEN FASTER THOR lol

Rooting Vegeta, betting on misery and also praying next time is better time.

This is going to be a version of me if Shulk vs Lightning gets revealed.

They didn't warn about the promotional content in the video and instead after Boomstick said "Is time for a death battle" they decided to shove an ad directly the throat out of knowhere.

I mean, is obvious, but it kinda of kills the mood that you get Babbel straight to your face without notice.

Also huh, the battle kinda of sucks. The ending is also stupid, god forbid whoever thinks that Nezuko is just going to tag along with Jonathan after he murdered his brother making any sense, on top of being heartwarming.

Also huh, the battle kinda of sucks
Terrible take that's number 1.
Number 2. They didn't have nezuko instantly vibe with Jonathan which is why they made it ambiguous
You don't remember? Everyone kept saying Hulk would stomp, only for Broly to win and how it caused a huge turmoil in the community.
Oh yeah nah this be different given Swan had Thor winning back in 2020 via Hax and Speed

Let's hope we get it this season then

tenor.gif

Terrible take that's number 1.
Number 2. They didn't have nezuko instantly vibe with Jonathan which is why they made it ambiguous

Oh yeah nah this be different given Swan had Thor winning back in 2020 via Hax and Speed
Not a terrible take at all, number 1

Number 2. She shouldn't be vibing at all.

Hulk is weird. some say he's only mountain level/Planet level at Max. DB put him at Universal. G1 had Hulk even greater than that....Omniversal?
G1 kinda went full ****** in that blog
Oh ye, Tanjiro vs Jojo stats werent that "swanked" and fight was decent, but it kinda does take away from fight knowing that one of research team is a massive fan of one of the verses.
Eh ain't an issue unless it jerks off the character over the other
Not a terrible take at all, number 1

Number 2. She shouldn't be vibing at all.
Yes it is number 1
Number 2. That's why they had it ambiguous does she run away,Try to kill him or accept his help despite wat he done

Oh ye, Tanjiro vs Jojo stats werent that "swanked" and fight was decent, but it kinda does take away from fight knowing that one of research team is a massive fan of one of the verses.
They mentioned jolyne feat in black boxes, also scaled from Dio punch clash on road roller with Star Platinum, still had those kinda used, but not focused as much

Tarkus feat and the minimun FTL stuff were enough

Though 1 problem from Death Battle, they still go on the idea that if characters using the same powers have whatever feats, they scale to one another, like not true to every series, some are way stronger or weaker

Also honestly not too impressed by this fight, pretty stiff, kinda felt forced the sad moment, should have been during the moment of the last blow have tanjiro pleade not to kill his sister too and jonathan regret after

Yes it is number 1
Number 2. That's why they had it ambiguous does she run away,Try to kill him or accept his help despite wat he done
Not is not, the battle animation is shanky, the 3D enviroment mesh horribly with the 2D sprites, specially when Jonathan picks up the tree, and they sacrificed any interesting choreography for special effects, number 1.

Number 2. My issue is that there shouldn't be ambiguity, the second or (Or at least first scenario) is the one that should happen, not a possible of many.

Not like it matters much, there is not going to be any sequel of that.

Not is not, the battle animation is shanky, the 3D enviroment mesh horribly with the 2D sprites, specially when Jonathan picks up the tree, and they sacrificed any interesting choreography for special effects, number 1.
The battle animation was fine wtf are you on?
While it had some jank it wasn't so bad it took away from the fight.
The environment was fine for the most part and one awkward doesn't take away from it

The choegraphy was decent and of course specially effects are gonna be focused given both series number 1.

Number 2. My issue is that there shouldn't be ambiguity, the second or (Or at least first scenario) is the one that should happen, not a possible of many.
There not gonna have Jon slaughter Nezuko in response of her attacking him after killing her brother but whatever

Anyway my review on the DB (Jojo Vs DS):

*The usage of music was decently on point although I didn't really get any DS vibes from it (I may need to re-listen to it).

*I appreciate the more tactile approach to combat plus characters explaining battle tactics and stating the obvious is pretty on point (especially for Jojo).

*The overall animation was decent however I felt like I was watching three different artsytles that periodically changed throughout the fight which was somewhat jarring (I know many past DBs have done similar things but it felt especially noticeable here).

*The ending was "something"

Overall a solid 7.5/10 but my rating may slightly increase or decrease on rewatch plus listening to the soundtrack by itself. Tbh the voice acting was the strongest part of the eepisode.

As for next time, it's either hammer time or monkey time and no matter what it'll be quite the blast!

The battle animation was fine wtf are you on?
While it had some jank it wasn't so bad it took away from the fight.
The environment was fine for the most part and one awkward doesn't take away from it

The choegraphy was decent and of course specially effects are gonna be focused given both series number 1.

There not gonna have Jon slaughter Nezuko in response of her attacking him after killing her brother but whatever
I'm not on anything, I found the usage of unnaturally bending, folding, and stretching the limbs of pixelated sprites ugly and shanky.

The enviroment wouldn't be a problem if it was a 3D fight, but those are 2D pixelated sprites, it just doesn't mix well, nor does the weird hand drawns animations, number 1.

Number 2, pointless response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back