• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cursed MU of the day is Marisa vs Saitama.

-Both are ordinary humans who obtained incredible strength through constant training and self-improvement, allowing them to contend with the top tiers of their verse very casually.
-Both deal with existential crises as a result of them growing stronger, or trying to grow stronger.
-Both are some of the least haxxed characters in their respective series (this stopped being true as of the last OPM chapter but I came up with this MU before then so shut up).
-Both have fighting styles that focus on raw power above all else.
-Both have self-given titles that massively undersell their potential ("ordinary magician" & "just a guy who's a hero for fun")
-Both can copy people's techniques.
-**** vs Ass.
Pretty cursed but recently i've came up with probably the most cursed 2hou MU of all time
unknown.png
Reinhard Heydrich vs Byakuren Hijiri (Dies Irae vs Touhou)
Connections:
Both were once Normal Human Beings, who experienced a loss of someone important in their life (Reinhard witnessed the death of Adolf Hitler, the man who he served while Byakuren lost her brother, Myouren Hijiri). This lead to them wanting to improve themselves in some ways and lose their humanity (Reinhard met Mercurius, who formed LDO with him, an organization that helped Reinhard ascend to godhood and Byakuren wanted to keep her youth). This then lead them to discover methods that could help them achieve this goal (Transmutation of gold & black magic). They both then rejected their humanity using these things, which they then used other people to maintain their power (Reinhard's servants sacrificing souls & Byakuren protecting Youkai for her own benefit). They both have rather contrasting goals with Reinhard wanting to turn the world into an endless battlefield where everyone kills each other and comes back, while Byakuren wants to have a peaceful world where humans and youkais have equal rights. At one point they went missing for some reason (Reinhard faked his death and then left the world with Mercurius while Byakuren was trapped in the Depths of Makai) however they would eventually return, thanks to their servants (LDO sacrificed alot of souls which lead to Reinhard's return & Shou Toramaru & Co unsealing Byakuren during Undefined Fantastic Object). Both had odd ideologies/goals that aren't actually that bad looking at them (Reinhard loves everyone and everything... According to him... While Byakuren wants equal rights for Youkai, Humans & Gods). Both helped others with their pain, gaining their trust (Reinhard helped Valeria Trifa realize who he wants to be while Byakuren helped multiple people along her journey mainly Murasa, Ichirin & Shou) who later went on to help their goals when Reinhard & Byakuren were gone (Valeria becoming a temporary LDO leader & The Entirety of the Events of UFO).

Pretty cursed but recently i've came up with probably the most cursed 2hou MU of all time
unknown.png
Reinhard Heydrich vs Byakuren Hijiri (Dies Irae vs Touhou)
Connections:
Both were once Normal Human Beings, who experienced a loss of someone important in their life (Reinhard witnessed the death of Adolf Hitler, the man who he served while Byakuren lost her brother, Myouren Hijiri). This lead to them wanting to improve themselves in some ways and lose their humanity (Reinhard met Mercurius, who formed LDO with him, an organization that helped Reinhard ascend to godhood and Byakuren wanted to keep her youth). This then lead them to discover methods that could help them achieve this goal (Transmutation of gold & black magic). They both then rejected their humanity using these things, which they then used other people to maintain their power (Reinhard's servants sacrificing souls & Byakuren protecting Youkai for her own benefit). They both have rather contrasting goals with Reinhard wanting to turn the world into an endless battlefield where everyone kills each other and comes back, while Byakuren wants to have a peaceful world where humans and youkais have equal rights. At one point they went missing for some reason (Reinhard faked his death and then left the world with Mercurius while Byakuren was trapped in the Depths of Makai) however they would eventually return, thanks to their servants (LDO sacrificed alot of souls which lead to Reinhard's return & Shou Toramaru & Co unsealing Byakuren during Undefined Fantastic Object). Both had odd ideologies/goals that aren't actually that bad looking at them (Reinhard loves everyone and everything... According to him... While Byakuren wants equal rights for Youkai, Humans & Gods). Both helped others with their pain, gaining their trust (Reinhard helped Valeria Trifa realize who he wants to be while Byakuren helped multiple people along her journey mainly Murasa, Ichirin & Shou) who later went on to help their goals when Reinhard & Byakuren were gone (Valeria becoming a temporary LDO leader & The Entirety of the Events of UFO).
Hitler vs Jesus with extra steps, I like it.

I wish that would be the problem solver but even if we somehow get 1-A 2hou, Reinhard still has a shit ton of hax
Is his old VSBW page archived anywhere? I'm kinda curious to see how insane he really is.

Well Touhou is a haxxverse as well, Byak might have a good amount of counters/options herself, just depends on WHAT Reinhard has lol
Honestly I think Touhou might be kinda underhaxxed compared to certain verses lol, save for a few exceptions. Who knows though, I feel like once a week I find some new bullshit that makes the verse more and more haxxed.

There's a page on Omniversal Battlefield, idk how accurate that wiki is but it gets his hax right from what i can tell
ngl looking at this right now I can definitely see a lot of shit Byak would already resist or WILL resist with what I know about possible upcoming revisions.

Some of this also seems dependent on if the fight takes place in Gensokyo or Reinhard's own world.

Though some of this stuff definitely seems troublesome.

What the **** does "True Godly" regeneration even mean

ngl looking at this right now I can definitely see a lot of shit Byak would already resist or WILL resist with what I know about possible upcoming revisions.

Some of this also seems dependent on if the fight takes place in Gensokyo or Reinhard's own world.

Though some of this stuff definitely seems troublesome.

What the **** does "True Godly" regeneration even mean
Nah I do think Byakuren loses easily here, only thing I could see being an issue is the layered passive probability/fate/law/physics bullshit that I sTILL NEED TO FINISH GOD DAMN IT. Like I said though, I'm always finding new bullshit. Like half of the things in the Spirit manipulation page were last minute additions that I almost missed lol

True godly, to my knowledge, was just high-godly but for 1-A characters. Because 1-A is special or something idk.

Also I was right, there were at least 2 separate downgrades for the verse.

Visual novel
"Hentai games" published and played as visual novels right hehe

Last time I randomly visited the verse... the whole Shinza Bansho (?) verse got nuked except for Senshinkan. So theoretically Charles Xavier vs Yurika Tatsumiya was still possible, but it would be nigh imposible for being way way more obscure than Charles Xavier vs Shokuhou Misaki or Mister Mind (Post-Crisis)

Random questions:

1. Since the crew did mention Super Duper Sumos once... should Super Duper Sumos appear in Death Battle, which character should debut (or debut first) and against whom? (and is it a good idea to have the trio appear as a team?)
2. Random time to check if any of the below "personal picks" will actually get into Death Battle or at a minimum just get picked by Therewolf Media

(# This I wonder whether it would serve better as a Brandon Yates work but may be worthy to give Aaron a try)

I find it funny that Season 7 of DB according to VSBattle is right for every fight except possibly one but is also one of the most mid seasons all around. And yet better seasons on average have more wrong results. This is some BS equivalent exchange.
But effort and quality from research crew likely do not "interact" with the "quality" of the show. Does not look like the animators, after effects members and the other advertising/general administrative support and management team members also do the research and script writing.

Any good MUs for Corvo Attano? Dishonored's an old favourite of mine, and I'd kill to see him on DB. Plus, Season 9's surprisingly lacking in video game rep, at least for this first half.

Any good MUs for Corvo Attano? Dishonored's an old favourite of mine, and I'd kill to see him on DB. Plus, Season 9's surprisingly lacking in video game rep, at least for this first half.
Booker Dewitt from Bioshock Infinite. Can match Corvo's AP and hax with his own. Comes from a very similar game. Have a female character they act as a kind of protector to early on and then get surpassed.

1. Since the crew did mention Super Duper Sumos once... should Super Duper Sumos appear in Death Battle, which character should debut (or debut first) and against whom? (and is it a good idea to have the trio appear as a team?)

I'm not against Super Duper Sumos in DB, mostly just to see the reactions of Wiz and Boomstick and the audience on three fat boys with beeg butts to beat up foes and the show being...pretty weird at times (DiC quality!). Mamoo, Kimo, and Booma could appear but aside from being featured in AVGN bad game covers videos and being mentioned by RebelTaxi, they seem to have next to no notable presence outside of the cartoon community. I haven't watched all of the episodes but they seem to fight the same with the only notable different being their personality so they could debut as a trio. As for who they could fight, the Powerpuff Girls first came to my mind. Both are trio of siblings that beat up various monsters and villains. Though the idea of near naked sumos using their butts to fight a group of little girls sounds...uncomfortable, and PPG has much better options.

Speaking of sumos, DB never had a sumo wrestling battle before. I want to see E. Honda VS Hariyama (or any E. Honda MUs).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back