• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah and Kars is an antagonist in one of the most iconic anime series and Novel Kars is just another version of him
You know, I saw that response coming and still hit post reply, so that’s on me.
Granted, Kars definitely isn’t obscure, I didn’t mean to include him in that regard, but Novel Kars has like maybe 9 people who know him, tops.

Yeah and Kars is an antagonist in one of the most iconic anime series and Novel Kars is just another version of him
Well Dio Brando is the titular antagonist of JJBA.

Kars is famous but not that famous. And less famous is novel Kars. (Fitting in identity against Amazo and DCAU Amazo ironically)

Eh, nowadays people prefer Wally over Barry.
I am still sad to see Hunter Zolomon not getting as much love as Eobard Thawne. When Reverse-Flash is the arch-nemesis of Barry Allen and Hunter Zolomon is the arch-nemesis of Wally West.

And is Optimus Primal vs Winston more popular than Gorilla Grodd vs Mojo Jojo seriously

Well Dio Brando is the titular antagonist of JJBA.

Kars is famous but not that famous. And less famous is novel Kars. (Fitting in identity against Amazo and DCAU Amazo ironically)

I am still sad to see Hunter Zolomon not getting as much love as Eobard Thawne. When Reverse-Flash is the arch-nemesis of Barry Allen and Hunter Zolomon is the arch-nemesis of Wally West.

And is Optimus Primal vs Winston more popular than Gorilla Grodd vs Mojo Jojo seriously
Well, new PPG show is getting made, so Mojo JoJo is probably gonna carry the fight’s popularity back up.

You know, I saw that response coming and still hit post reply, so that’s on me.
Granted, Kars definitely isn’t obscure, I didn’t mean to include him in that regard, but Novel Kars has like maybe 9 people who know him, tops.
Yeah, but the same could’ve been said about Archie Sonic way back when, I’m not saying it’s definite in the near future, but eventually he’ll probably make it on

Are there any good opponents for the PPG? Like, the trio as a whole, not just individual sisters? Every MU suggestion I've seen is just a trio of fighters, with no real connections beyond that.

Yeah, but the same could’ve been said about Archie Sonic way back when, I’m not saying it’s definite in the near future, but eventually he’ll probably make it on
Not really a wise comparison once again
Archie Sonic was known on the net to be Sonic but on Crack in regards to PLs

And as mentioned is still based on one of the most well known Vidya game mascots

Novel Kars is just a obscure incarnation of the Character

Then again, they used Lucy and that one rabbit dude, I suppose nothing’s really off the table besides SCP.
Lucy was known back in the day in the mid 2000s as babies first edgy anime
Bucky O hare was a someone Ben and Chad were familiar with as kids and even they mentioned him to be an unknown to fans

Are there any good opponents for the PPG? Like, the trio as a whole, not just individual sisters? Every MU suggestion I've seen is just a trio of fighters, with no real connections beyond that.
Tien, Yamcha and Krillin vs Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup are the top requests.
The Samurai Pizza Cats trio and the Super Duper Sumos trio are... actually an idea raised by me just now and I wonder how good those are.

Or "Him", or Mojo Jojo, or Princess, or... None.

Crystal Gems is a MU I've seen for them and iirc Ultraguy likes it
Eh, I feel like each Crystal Gem should just have their own episode. Any fight with more than 4 characters is going to result in some getting the shaft. Volnutt comes to mind.

Besides Ben even mentioned when they did Excalibur vs Raiden they mentioned Excalibur was a who to the DB audience

So kinda reinforced the whole gotta put a who next to a well known character for it's chances of success
Man, I wish DB was still popular enough to throw the most obscure characters in an episode and still get millions of views. Seriously, they didn't even have to try back then, the audience would eat up anything they posted. Nowadays, they pretty much have to rely on the characters carrying hype for an episode, it's disappointing. The closest we've gotten to Early DB success in recent years is Omni-Man vs Homelander, and that MU is so mainstream it hurts.

Eh, I feel like each Crystal Gem should just have their own episode. Any fight with more than 4 characters is going to result in some getting the shaft. Volnutt comes to mind
Idk on that
Outside of pearl neither Garnet nor Amythest have any good MU to do an episode for themselves

Man, I wish DB was still popular enough to throw the most obscure characters in an episode and still get millions of views. Seriously, they didn't even have to try back then, the audience would eat up anything they posted. Nowadays, they pretty much have to rely on the characters carrying hype for an episode, it's disappointing. The closest we've gotten to Early DB success in recent years is Omni-Man vs Homelander, and that MU is so mainstream it hurts.
I feel YouTube shit policy's and algorithm affected the viewership and such

And yeah it does suck as mentioned before the crew do want to try out out there MU but like said
They have to try and convince higher-ups to go with the MU and feel like "hey will this do decent numbers?"

They don't have the luxury and hope that this MU that's only popular with a few discord servers will do just fine

whys that?
Because it really not thematic aside from "popular 2010s CN show duo" unless were using a characterization of Finn that not even Warner likes to acknowledge. Like I get it but as a person who loved Adventure time during it's prime I don't want to acknowledge that shit. Finn probably has a better match anyway, I personally think Mordecai vs Scott would be fun, though if you turn this match into a 2v2v2v2 and add Gumball and Dawin and Steven and Connie then my opinion on this match pulls a 180 and I think it would be based as duck.

Uxie, Mespirit and Azelf from Pokémon might be a decent choice? Trio of adorable stubby arms and legs characters that were made from the same source they were born in (Chemical X and Egg) by their parental figure in white (Professor Utonium and Arceus). Both have a prominent three color-coded scheme.

Another choice is have them face off their PPGZ counterparts, Momoko Akatsutsumi/Hyper Blossom, Miyako Goutokuji/Rolling Bubbles and Kaoru Matsubara/Powered Buttercup. Both share similar character traits, backstory and premise, obviously since PPGZ is based on their OG series but PPGZ is radically different enough to be its own standalone series rather than a continuation/reboot. Might be the best choice but I'm not sure if anyone wants to see a same series/franchise fight.

Jake is pretty much fighting with Finn vs Mordecai and Rigby
yes, fin and jake appear only to fight mordecai and rigby.
God I hate that match so much.
Finn & Jake VS Mordecai and Rigby always felt...off to me in concept. Sure they have some connections but I'm not keen on a sword wielding boy with his dog up against two dudebro workers. Granted, they do make up for their strange abilities, banter and zanyness but my thought remains.

True I'm not a Rebecca Sugars era Adventure Time fan
You know Rebecca Sugars really gets to much hate for this, like she left the show before it really went to shit. Like yeah I get she caused sort of a turing point with some of the characters but if she was in control we probably wouldn't have gotten alot of the bullshit we got. Like she did help introduce Flame Princess an actual girl Finn's age and even did ship art for Finn and Marcy that one time. Like if anyone ones to blame it the people after she left to make Steven Universe.
Scott has Travis though, Jack vs Travis doesn't have nearly as much of a legacy people describe it having
Idk I just think Scott vs Mordecai would be cool and would fit both characters.

Kind of a shame that we never learn Butcher's blood type, would have made the discussion of him fighting Stain a bit more interesting.

Would've been funny if it had turned out to be B, literally the best blood type for Stain to use against him.

quick skim
1. Vash is moon level only?
2. Vincent is at least solar system level true.
3. Moon level Vash > solar system level Vincent?
At least prove Vash is universe level right?

Well I guess we know which Guts MU they have their eye on.

RIP Ash vs Guts.

f315d2fb461e3516d6d4078fdfd7d2a36aa2464e_hq.jpg

gutz_x_clare_by_jjohnnyy_d9be87t-pre.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back