• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They specifically calced speed of Herc's arrow and compared that to Wukong's movement speed, which is actually another good analysis moment from modern DB.

Tho forget just Wu Kong, how far does INFINITE STRENGTH Herc go in DB ranking latter lmao

Yeah, they avoided scaling Herc to any of the gods, which basicaly means yeah, he was ******, because scaling was what he needed to have a chance.
I’m ******* livid. How could they have done my boy Herc so dirty. Absolutely NO speed scaling and equal to Sun in strength? And they gave him one of the lamest deaths in the show to boot? I knew that Sun would win, but damn. This is Raven VS Twilight all over again for me.

They specifically calced speed of Herc's arrow and compared that to Wukong's movement speed, which is actually another good analysis moment from modern DB.

Tho forget just Wu Kong, how far does INFINITE STRENGTH Herc go in DB ranking latter lmao
DB rarely pulls infinite universe stuff (I think this is the first time?) so in terms of AP it seems like Herc and Wukong solo the majority of DB combatants

I shall sleep for now.

But I have a feeling this will be a nightmare.

Not because of who won, but because of how the battle was constructed, how verdicts were built and a lot of arsenal and game-changing power scalings are ignored. And the negligence on cosmologies and just said they lifted "infinite sized universe" is just bad.
I’m ******* livid. How could they have done my boy Herc so dirty. Absolutely NO speed scaling and equal to Sun in strength? And they gave him one of the lamest deaths in the show to boot? I knew that Sun would win, but damn. This is Raven VS Twilight all over again for me.
Worse than Raven vs Twilight. This is at least Batman vs Iron Man, possibly far worse.

DB rarely pulls infinite universe stuff (I think this is the first time?) so in terms of AP it seems like Herc and Wukong solo the majority of DB combatants
SW vs Zatanna I think were only times infinite specifically was mentioned, so anyone who scales to them...

...so Herc AP stomps all but comics duo then lol, can't think of speed or hax that can overcome inf. AP.

I shall sleep for now.

But I have a feeling this will be a nightmare.

Not because of who won, but because of how the battle was constructed, how verdicts were built and a lot of arsenal and game-changing power scalings are ignored. And the negligence on cosmologies and just said they lifted "infinite sized universe" is just bad.

Worse than Raven vs Twilight. This is at least Batman vs Iron Man, possibly far worse.
Wait, you dislike Iron Man VS Batman? I thought it was mid if slightly disappointing, but not outright BAD. But anyways yeah, their stats just break my brain—G1 is on suicide watch once again.

Yeah, they avoided scaling Herc to any of the gods, which basicaly means yeah, he was ******, because scaling was what he needed to have a chance.
I don't scaling would'vemade sense considering that it only works if you allow Herc have his Godhood which would make scaling him to Hermes/Mercury work

Scaling Herc to Hermes/Mercury means that he would need his Godhood status, which wouldn't make sense. Sooooooo.....yeah

Updated ranking,
Harley VS Jinx > Hercules VS Sun Wukong ? Thor VS Vegeta > Magneto VS Tetsuo (Unsure about this one, could be lower) > Omni-Man VS Homelander = Scarlet Witch VS Zatanna > Tanjiro VS Jonathan
Based result, my faith in Wukong paid off, I had a feeling Death Battle wasn't gonna use G1 and Capeworld's arguments. The analysis portions were actually kind of interesting this time around and the fight was entertaining even if not much happened, it had an unique vibe and I liked the build up leading to the kill but the kill itself felt weak given Wukong had many interesting abilities and magic to deal a more creative killing blow. Just like many other fights this season, it needed to be just a bit longer, this season's animations in general have left me thinking "lol that's it?" even if I consider most of them decent. Oh yeah the track was the song ever, I can't even remember a single note. I give this a episode 7 or 8 out of 10
Ok bro. Cool matchup. Fett stomps but at least it's not Star Lord. I hope it's Live Action, moving on, I wanna see what they have planned for DBX and the 2nd half's premiere
Also here's the suggested media
Predator: https://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2022/06/suggested-media-predator.html
Fett:https://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2022/06/suggested-media-bobba-fett.html

regardless how we feel, i think we could all agree on hoping HerKong and the next time does well in numbers. They need more incentives to do non Marvel/DC episodes.
Eh… honestly I disagree. If this is how they’re gonna handle the “unique matchups” then maybe they should just stick to what they know. How many times will we have to get our hopes up only to be disappointed again?

I wonder how Herc’s Immortality actually works (besides agelessness). The G1 blog claimed “Wukong has no direct means of killing his immortal body” but didn’t show any feats from Herc that show he can instantly come back from being fatally injured like Wukong can
Greek immortality tends to be a sort of "imperviousness where nothing can harm them" as far as I know. They may also be deathless, but since Sun can ignore durability with his weapon and can harm spirits and souls, that still might not be enough immortality to survive his strikes.

Eh… honestly I disagree. If this is how they’re gonna handle the “unique matchups” then maybe they should just stick to what they know. How many times will we have to get our hopes up only to be disappointed again?
well to be fair every so often, a "unique matchup" really becomes a good thing, the biggest problem I feel with modern DB is how short the fights feel, which doesn't help as it sometimes results in a pretty eh ending.

HercKong wasnt THAT short. It was about 3 min 23 s. Only OmniLander suffered too much.

I think the OST starts around MK striking, so sub 3 min track was bit misleading.

I would not like to repeat my root and bet on HercWukong since you already know it.

However, there is one thing I'd like to mention: they have avoided scaling. It is a wise choice since myths tend to be more inconsistent than even Marvel and DC. Dealing with their own feats is already a painful thing.

By the way, Dragon Ball Son Goku will be sad to hear the news that Dragon Ball multiplier cannot save him from Sun Wukong.

Ackchyually Wukong erased Herc from existence so he’s probably not seeing the afterlife

Can Wukong actually reduce people to nothingness?
He may be able to do this.
In Chapter 97, Sun Wukong just deals with the ghosts by... simply being energetic
那大聖一路觔斗雲,直至幽冥地界,徑撞入森羅殿上。慌得那: 十代閻君拱手接,五方鬼判叩頭迎。千株劍樹皆攲側,萬疊刀山盡坦平。枉死城 中魑魅化,奈河橋下鬼超生。正是那神光一照如天赦,黑暗陰司處處明。

Finally off the first disc of LoD, so have an MU idea that... isn't VS a Xeno character?

Dedue_vs_Kongol.png

Dedue (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) vs Kongol (Legend of Dragoon)

• Axe-and-fist bearing aides to Emperors or higher royalty, said Royalty that has either gone berserk, or goes berserk (Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd and Emperor Doel respectively). Both played party and/or witness to the destruction of certain towns (Duscar and Hoax).
  • Both are seen as... one-note, shall we say, in their motivations. Kongol is written off as the 'dumb blockhead' of the group (or Lennie from Of Mice and Men, depending on how you see him), and Dedue being literally quoted as Dimitri's "Vassal" in Three Hopes, and his loyalty (common to both of these characters) coming at the expense of nearly all else (much to the alleged chagrin of other Blue Lions members like Felix and Ingrid). Both are also seen as kind to their leader in that sense.
  • Both can be interpreted as former enemies in favour of these regimes, before joining your cause, being mistakenly interpreted as dead or MIA after their initial defeats. This can also be seen as it's own contrast, as Dedue is multi-nuanced in this case, because you either can side with Blue Lions at the start of 3H, and have him saved from his pronounced 'death' by completing one of the Duscar sidequests, or he comes up as a temporary ally during Golden Deer's route, in order to avenge Dimitri from that route. Consequently, Kongol is far simpler, in that he returns to save the party from a falling pillar after a visit to Haschel's former student-turned Rouge leader, with Kongol joining the party because Dart and co. are acknowledged as stronger than Doel.
  • Both have their own (more aggressive) alternate forms, that they can break out with the use of certain stones. Dedue having access to Demonic Beast forms thanks to Crest Stones, as seen in Crimson Flower (he is a 'commoner', so the effects of it land him this way), and (as is natural with LoD characters), Kongol has his own Dragoon form of the Earth Element.

Oh, and as for my previous post? Not going to pull the trigger on Jin vs Lloyd just yet, I want to see where his character goes (it's looking promising, ngl).

Finally off the first disc of LoD, so have an MU idea that... isn't VS a Xeno character?

Dedue_vs_Kongol.png

Dedue (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) vs Kongol (Legend of Dragoon)

• Axe-and-fist bearing aides to Emperors or higher royalty, said Royalty that has either gone berserk, or goes berserk (Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd and Emperor Doel respectively). Both played party and/or witness to the destruction of certain towns (Duscar and Hoax).
  • Both are seen as... one-note, shall we say, in their motivations. Kongol is written off as the 'dumb blockhead' of the group (or Lennie from Of Mice and Men, depending on how you see him), and Dedue being literally quoted as Dimitri's "Vassal" in Three Hopes, and his loyalty (common to both of these characters) coming at the expense of nearly all else (much to the alleged chagrin of other Blue Lions members like Felix and Ingrid). Both are also seen as kind to their leader in that sense.
  • Both can be interpreted as former enemies in favour of these regimes, before joining your cause, being mistakenly interpreted as dead or MIA after their initial defeats. This can also be seen as it's own contrast, as Dedue is multi-nuanced in this case, because you either can side with Blue Lions at the start of 3H, and have him saved from his pronounced 'death' by completing one of the Duscar sidequests, or he comes up as a temporary ally during Golden Deer's route, in order to avenge Dimitri from that route. Consequently, Kongol is far simpler, in that he returns to save the party from a falling pillar after a visit to Haschel's former student-turned Rouge leader, with Kongol joining the party because Dart and co. are acknowledged as stronger than Doel.
  • Both have their own (more aggressive) alternate forms, that they can break out with the use of certain stones. Dedue having access to Demonic Beast forms thanks to Crest Stones, as seen in Crimson Flower (he is a 'commoner', so the effects of it land him this way), and (as is natural with LoD characters), Kongol has his own Dragoon form of the Earth Element.

Oh, and as for my previous post? Not going to pull the trigger on Jin vs Lloyd just yet, I want to see where his character goes (it's looking promising, ngl).

Lloyd from ninjago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back