• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is impossible to not believe in karma when this matchup is still a hard stomp
Speaking of karma, it can be just me but is anyone having the same feeling every episode written/researched by Lousy seems to be uncomfortable in some way?
(What about putting it to the ultimate test: Nami (One Piece) vs Weather Report - with Lousy researching for One Piece and Liam researching for JJBA it would be putting their research abilities to one climate changing test - pun intended.)

32k livestream viewers, that's pretty good, lower than SaitPopeye (35k), but way higher than the usual 21-25k, and especially higher than Jinxly and WandaZee (18k at most)

Looks like 99% of the people watching were pleased with the result and the episode :)

32k livestream viewers, that's pretty good, lower than SaitPopeye, but way higher than the usual 21-25k

Looks like 99% of the people watching were pleased with the result and the episode :)
Of course they are pleased. A favorite character won always pleases people. (That reminds me of Sasuke vs Hiei and Sanji Vinsmoke vs Rock Lee sadly.)

Who was it that said Herc scaled to Hermes ultra high speed feat? Cuz damn, that sure didn't happen. Wukong Blitzes

Otherwise, yeah this went about as well for Herc as I expected.

Who was it that said Herc scaled to Hermes ultra high speed feat? Cuz damn, that sure didn't happen. Wukong Blitzes

Otherwise, yeah this went about as well for Herc as I expected.
The crew does not deem such.

All that build-up for a pathetic death. This season was doing excellently until this came along.
Well, technically they somehow built two celestial spirits to fight along.
But yeah killing blow is lackluster.
And yeah without scaling Herc does die.

Now... Would BobaDator be in 3D (very likely) or even be in live action? (Well 3D should give a lot of opportunities to crazy things like Boba Fett dropping into a Sarlacc one more time while maintaining some melee clashes and gun fight intensity. Also a costume and makeup for Predator can be tricky.)

Predator vs Boba Fett my beloved

Alright lads, who wants to watch the Predator series

We've got
Predator
Predator 2 (I have never seen this movie, I can't find it anywhere)
Alien vs Predator
Alien vs Predator: Requi- actually, you know what, lets skip this one
Predators
The Predator...I guess
And Prey (When that comes out)

Oh and then there's the Alien vs Predator comics and video games (Also Predator: Hunting Grounds)

Hoping for another Guts episode in the future. Mostly cuz I've been looking through Guts battle off site, and the man gets wanked to hell and back.
Not sure who I'd like to see him fight against, though. But I've seen people put him against Post time skip Zoro and say Guts blitzes and Zoro.

Similarly I want Kratos back, and Spawn.
Still can't believe they had him kill ******* Nightmare, let alone Night Terror.

The fight was a bit underwhelming in spots but overall fine, the outcome makes sense though it is kinda wierd how they scaled Wunkong strength to infinite universal for lifting the universe but not scale him hopping to the end of the universe similarly.

What was the reason they gave again? I remember it sounding reasonable enough, but it was awhile ago when I saw it (specifically when I first got into DB and binged all the episodes: for reference, this was after E3 2015), and apparently a LOT of people disagree...
Guts kills Demons stronger than him all the time, so he can kill Night Terror.

Both the outcome and the next time were "well duh". Overall a great episode and I don't really have much else to say, since the above replies have already voiced the same opinions I've formed, so pears I guess?

Harley Quinn VS Jinx (Batman VS League of Legends) | DEATH BATTLE!
Premiered Mar 29, 2022

Scarlet Witch VS Zatanna (Marvel VS DC) | DEATH BATTLE!
Premiered Apr 12, 2022

Tanjiro VS Jonathan Joestar (Demon Slayer VS JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) | DEATH BATTLE!
Premiered Apr 26, 2022

Thor VS Vegeta (Marvel VS Dragon Ball) | DEATH BATTLE!
Premiered May 10, 2022

Omni-Man VS Homelander (Invincible VS The Boys) | DEATH BATTLE!
Premiered 7 hours ago

Maybe the general public perceive spite matchups better than we perceive. (Or maybe they just enjoy the gore and some actual hand drawn animation)

Maybe the crew should regret for not doing Korra vs Rey or Delsin Rowe to avoid spite or controversy whatever.

Or the crew members are still puzzled with why Omnilander performs better than Korrorm despite both having the same factor with the same feeling "they are the production team members and they could do whatever the hell they want" energies.
Bumping this so that people can compare

Guts kills Demons stronger than him all the time, so he can kill Night Terror.
That's a NLF if I ever heard one. What next? Gonna put Guts against Dante and have him win that, too? Or Virgil? I didn't know anything about Soul Caliber back then, so I didn't think much of the fight other than "Some game monster swordy. Guts wins? Makes sense."

The music and presentation of the fight itself was so unique as well. The scroll moving around. The cut to the celestial bodies themselves. Arrow spam and clone spam. It wasn't clearly one sided I love that. Also saving sun's speed and true strength for the conclusion felt good.
And the can he beat goku joke landed so well. Bringing up goku and naruto and luffy had to happen and I'm glad they did.

its time they update the top 20 must see DB episodes playlist get rid of Sonic vs Mario 2, Wally vs Sonic ( I don't see it as a must watch), Winter Soldier vs Red Hood, Link vs Cloud 2, Yoda vs Mickey, Genji vs Raiden (why is this even here? its a DBX!), and DeadPool vs Pinkie,

Replace with Omnilander, Herkong, SaitPopeye, GR vs Lobo, Jinxly (for a boost), and a couple of the classic episodes that still hold up, like Buu vs Kirby.
I would replace Deadpool vs Pinkie Pie with Steven vs Star.

I saw the episode when it premiered on Sunday via a Discord watch party but seeing the episode in full definition at a consistent framerate just hammered in how great it is to me.

Season 9 literally hasn't had anything lower than a B so far, and most of it has been A or even S.
I wasn't really into the first 3 MUs at all, but I can say the fights were at least pretty decent, even if SW vs Z was a little disappointing.

But everything from Thorgeta onwards has been consistently great like 8/10s or higher imo. If they keep this level of fight consistency, if the analysis' stay most entertaining like they have been, and we start getting more unique MUs in the 2nd half of the season, this could end up being one of my favorite DB Seasons yet.

I rlly hope it doesn't drop off after this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back