• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arrows are like THE weapon of Herc. He uses those whenever he’s going against big threats like centaurs or giants.

Also Herc does know his way out of the underworld. It’s no Wukong immortality but it’s not like Herc couldn’t waltz out of hell if he wanted to, especially given that he beat the shit out of Thanatos before.
Herc doesn't go to the Hades when he dies though, his mortal side is consumed and the rest of him ascends to Olympus as a god. Like sure he could probably still come back but the demi-god is no more.

Also wrestled and tamed the worlds greatest hound in Cerberus - aka Spot - with just his bare hands. Man's a total CHAD.

And yes, by the way, the proper translation of Cerberus' name is Spot. How anyone could ever think Hades was a bad guy when he gives his dog a name like that is beyond me.
I know it was said as a joke but I'm really tired of Hades being treated as devil allegory in most modern depictions. He's actually one of the most chill and fair Olympians unlike his younger brother Zeus.

Also just a random though, for the ending I'd like to see Herc dying and assending to god then coming back a few moments later to scheduled a rematch with Wukong

I know it was said as a joke but I'm really tired of Hades being treated as devil allegory in most modern depictions. He's actually one of the most chill and fair Olympians unlike his younger brother Zeus.
I think it's partially because Hades technically "rape" his wife Persephone which people misinterpret since in ancient Greek culture women were considered borderline property so eloping to hell was technically "rape" (despite the fact that Zesus was fine with it.)
Also Posiden is probably the worst of his brothers.

I think it's partially because Hades technically "rape" his wife Persephone which people misinterpret since in ancient Greek culture women were considered borderline property so eloping to hell was technically "rape" (despite the fact that Zesus was fine with it.)
Also Posiden is probably the worst of his brothers.
He didn't rape her at all in most versions. He brought her down there, and then did his best to woo her, eventually winning her over typically, and then when she was being forced to come back up thanks to Demeter's shenanigans, he either fed her some pomegranate seeds or she took them willingly, knowing what they did, and thus, would have to stay in the underworld for a certain period of time.

Wasn't Athena so jealous of Medusas beauty she cursed her lol
I've heard that some people interpretative the story in a more feminist angle and Athena was actually empowering by giving her the ability to protect herself from men trying to "take away her purity", but honestly I find it way funnier to interpret that she's just a massive Femcel who is perpetually seething that she can't get laid and is a eternal virgin.

I've heard that some people interpretative the story in a more feminist angle and Athena was actually empowering by giving her the ability to protect herself from men trying to "take away her purity", but honestly I find it way funnier to interpret that she's just a massive Femcel who is perpetually seething that she can't get laid and is a eternal virgin.
So is nobody gonna talk about the fact that Ovid made that entire story up due to his intense hatred of authority?

He didn't rape her at all in most versions. He brought her down there, and then did his best to woo her, eventually winning her over typically, and then when she was being forced to come back up thanks to Demeter's shenanigans, he either fed her some pomegranate seeds or she took them willingly, knowing what they did, and thus, would have to stay in the underworld for a certain period of time.
That.. what I just said. I was only pointed out that the reason it's refered to as a "rape" is because during the period of time marrying someone without their parents permision was considered "rape" by ancient greek .

"Yeah uh... Joycap? I don't think those PNGs for XC3 character reveals are coming out anytime soon..."

thanos-infinity-gauntlet.gif

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_-_Version_0.9.2.1.png

I would go into detail on what I've added, but I have some ideas on the tip of my tongue with some of these characters, so I'll wait until then to give a full report on what I've added. Ask away for now.

Oh, and one last thing: As someone who doesn't plan to delve into DBZ (ironically another series with a 'Xeno' sub-continuity), Ethel (from what we know so far) has the whole 'I saved you in my younger years, only to betray you' thing going on, and I bring up DBZ because of the amount of 'young(er)' characters it has going on (or kid/young versions of those characters from the past). Do any of them fit Ethel? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Magneto VS Tetsuo (Marvel VS Akira) | DEATH BATTLE!

Hurray...?

Greek mythology is weird
Weird and dirty as xxxx.

Also wrestled and tamed the worlds greatest hound in Cerberus - aka Spot - with just his bare hands. Man's a total CHAD.

And yes, by the way, the proper translation of Cerberus' name is Spot. How anyone could ever think Hades was a bad guy when he gives his dog a name like that is beyond me.
Spot huh... reminds me...

Some people just have so much money to spend...

you hear this guys, endless Marvel/DC if HerKong fails
At this point they're just being assholes and threatening us if the episodes don't do amazing. The worst performing episode in the season is the Marvel vs DC one I'm fairly certain.

Edit: It's Harley vs Jinx, though Wanda vs Zee is a close 2nd (Not including Mags vs Tetsuo, since that's super new). If they don't realize that Marvel and DC don't bring in views on their own, then they're just being stupid at this point.

Does Hercules have anything that can negate immortality?
Incap via poison arrows (Which can be used against him)
At this point they're just being assholes and threatening us if the episodes don't do amazing. The worst performing episode in the season is the Marvel vs DC one I'm fairly certain.

Edit: It's Harley vs Jinx, though Wanda vs Zee is a close 2nd (Not including Mags vs Tetsuo, since that's super new). If they don't realize that Marvel and DC don't bring in views on their own, then they're just being stupid at this point.
-They could literally just keep doing casual matchups and sometimes curveballs/slightly niche matchups for the fans, would one 1.5m views episode per season kill the channel?
-Right a lot of episodes get huge boosts from movie/show hype. I've said this over and over, every single ******* season's least viewed episodes are always jokes vidyas and random capeshit but that didn't make them stop doing them.
-This isn't getting MMvKAM views after Omnilander's boost, so what would they consider as doing poorly?

Last edited:

I mean, that's just how business works, as much as it sucks to have it that way. If something doesn't do well, that's usually a sign to not do that thing again; although the joke mightve come off dickish

its not just hades. Its underworld gods in general, yama, anubis. People just associate underworld to satan because of the influance of christianity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back