• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we should be very glad at least JTTW has one primary source of canon (that original Chinese novel written by NG Sing Yan / WU Cheng En)

What even is the primary source or sources of canon of the whole story or stories about Hercules? (I know Ultraguy mentioned some materials but do you buy him on such?)

So we should be very glad at least JTTW has one primary source of canon (that original Chinese novel written by NG Sing Yan / WU Cheng En)

What even is the primary source or sources of canon of the whole story or stories about Hercules? (I know Ultraguy mentioned some materials but do you buy him on such?)
Or better say that "Wu Cheng'en collected the stories" as far as I know, but whatever.
I keep hearing about Herc’s poison Hydra arrows but one reactor I saw commented that Sun apparently has taken weapons that were meant to kill immortals just fine. Dunno the source on that.
It is not the first time Sun Wukong tricks opponents' equipment. Actually, I feel that his being affected by these equipment could be PIS since JttW can be considered as collection of individual stories.
At this point they're just being assholes and threatening us if the episodes don't do amazing. The worst performing episode in the season is the Marvel vs DC one I'm fairly certain.

Edit: It's Harley vs Jinx, though Wanda vs Zee is a close 2nd (Not including Mags vs Tetsuo, since that's super new). If they don't realize that Marvel and DC don't bring in views on their own, then they're just being stupid at this point.
Right. While their action is understandable, the statement is wrong. The reason why I get interest in Death Battle is not "wow Marvel VS DC". Rather, it is because I can learn new characters from them. And if we want to see Marvel VS DC only, why don't I watch other specific channels?

By the way, it is funny to see the reaction in Sun Wukong's origin region:
The Result: Insert peaceful meeting
Next Time: Insert group of people fighting each other with shouting:
"VB's High 1-C are lie!"
"Monkey wankers everywhere in outside websites!"
"Zanshi never counts!"
"Maybe DB's get banned/boycotted if Wukong loses."
"Sun Wukong's Layer of Immortality is a lie!"
"American/Western shadow culture conspiracy against us if Wukong loses!"

But it does not mean there is no people who are engaging in more peaceful discussion.

Last edited:
At this point they're just being assholes and threatening us if the episodes don't do amazing. The worst performing episode in the season is the Marvel vs DC one I'm fairly certain.

Edit: It's Harley vs Jinx, though Wanda vs Zee is a close 2nd (Not including Mags vs Tetsuo, since that's super new). If they don't realize that Marvel and DC don't bring in views on their own, then they're just being stupid at this point.
Those were female episodes and female episodes in Death Battle has constantly done poorly in comparison to Female vs Male let alone Male vs Male episodes

In regards to Marvel Thorgeta is the second most viewed episode and Magneto vs Tetsuo already sitting at 1.1 Mil and it took barely a day to reach
So reall capeshit ain't a problem unless it's a lame capeshit MU

Also let's not get it twisted on them being an ass when vs fans act entitled and get all pissy 24/7 over Death Battle let's not ******* forget how peeps were acting when they were doing Omnilander a non big two capeshit MU and some reactions to Mags vs Tetsuo happening

The crew wants to do more new franchises and such but let's not act like they have free reigns

Most of there requests tend to involve capeshit sadly and they said it before if the episodes do well RT higher ups will have more incentives to go beyond The usual capeshit MU

Imagine if instead of actual Heracles vs Sun we would get this
unknown.png

Incap via poison arrows (Which can be used against him)

-They could literally just keep doing casual matchups and sometimes curveballs/slightly niche matchups for the fans, would one 1.5m views episode per season kill the channel?
-Right a lot of episodes get huge boosts from movie/show hype. I've said this over and over, every single ******* season's least viewed episodes are always jokes vidyas and random capeshit but that didn't make them stop doing them.
-This isn't getting MMvKAM views after Omnilander's boost, so what would they consider as doing poorly?
That's the issue we don't what's the bar minimum for an episode like this to be a success especially for something like Mythology
Imagine if instead of actual Heracles vs Sun we would get this
unknown.png
S7 PTSD hitting

In WanZee’s defense, look what it’s up against. Nothing but big names are above it. We have…the biggest anime of last year and the only thing to outsell One Piece, a Dragon Ball character going against Thor, someone who used to be the most iconic villain in the west vs the start of anime in the west, and freaking OmniLander lol. Wanda and Zatanna are incredibly niche by comparison.

In WanZee’s defense, look what it’s up against. Nothing but big names are above it. We have…the biggest anime of last year and the only thing to outsell One Piece, a Dragon Ball character going against Thor, someone who used to be the most iconic villain in the west vs the start of anime in the west, and freaking OmniLander lol. Wanda and Zatanna are incredibly niche by comparison.
Yeah so not like it's out draw by who's it's getting rekt by big name players

Last edited:
Yeah so not like it's out draw by who's it's getting rekt by big name players
Should we say... Be very glad DS2 MOM kind of makes Wanda vs Zee more popular?

Already said my piece if it happens welp shit will be fun two weeks

Besides Cell,Frieza or Gohan are our next DB rep anyways so it'll be awhile to see Hit get on

How does Hercules lifting the sky translate to universal strength again? Isn't it just the primordial god of the sky Ouranos trying to get back with his evil wife Gaia? Same Ouranos who got chopped up by Kronos while the other Titan siblings held him in place?

Only Greek god that is definitely Universal or above is Chaos afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back