• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His theme is known as tik tok song iirc

Now everyone has a quick TED seminar on musics used as memes or just plot devices.

Yeh its popular there too his theme
Well that song is being jokingly called as the "Victini" song as Giorno Giovanna is nigh unstoppable as long as that music is playing or being played.

Anyone seeing either episode (Adachi vs Kira or Giorno vs P5 Joker) to be the stompiest of all potential future Death Battle episode?
Like potentially surpassing Weiss Schnee vs Mitsuru Kirijo stompiest? (Can Phoenix Wright vs Battler Ushiromiya be even stompier? Like Layton vs Phoenix Wright vs Makoto Naegi are the more popular pair ups in the west)
(Discounting Bomberman vs Dig Dug and Yang Xiao Long vs Tifa Lockhart where the crew screwed them up.)
Quicksilver vs Flash exists
That is depending on whether Small Building level vs Low Complex Multiverse level is more drastic a comparison than Multi-City Block level vs Outerverse level - I see casuals would pick the former tbf.

Not everyone buy this sites stats for Persona so idk why you keep insisting it
I thought the Megami Tensei fanboys and Persona fanboys can do better jobs than our site mods.

Well if the research crew need to be faithful to the Megami Tensei verse, they will need to dig into the cosmology of it. And how Persona gets carried by it. John Constantine (Classic) vs Raidou Kuzunoha The XIV (Shin Megami Tensei) and Aigis vs Noel Vermillion are overdue matchups that may come some day so it is only a matter of time this box has to be opened as the verdict will be highly affected by the crew's interpretation of the cosmologies of the verses involved.

To be fair not many people know what an outerverse is. Which means people without good theoretical math knowledge would just equate anything multiverse level or above.

Thank that 5D imp for introducing dimension scaling. This revolutionize character versus debating.

(Again, if Persona or even Megami Tensei should not be outerverse level, file a CRT and kick them back already.)

Unrelated to anything but if MegaTen is 1-A because cognitive manipulation exists, then can I advocate Klaus the Architect (XC2) for 1-A?
Draft your cosmology blogs and raise a CRT to raise that out.

sugimura-morgana.gif

Unironically they should add non-Metaverse stats as a key at least.

Draft your cosmology blogs and raise a CRT to raise that out.

No need. I only ask because CogManip is what happened to Rex being pitted against the rest of the party prior to his expo dump. Besides, you're waiting for SSJ to get back to you, aren't you?

In all seriousness, I hold true to the belief that a lot of the exculpatory evidence for all of MegaTen being 1-A is taken wildly out of context, or is just wrong. And even then, if this time last year misinterpreting GG as tier 1 is any indication, a lot of MUs boil down to hax as a wincon (not the SvM2 'it's hax so it doesn't count' kind, I mean the 'whether it's hax or they're that powerful is a distinction not worth making, when the specific power/ability can be attributed to multiple of our own tiers, not just T1' kind).

I'd make a full rebuttal to that MegaTen Cosmology Blog post, but to save on time, I'd poset the idea of MegaTen being one of the verses that could benefit from physicality distinctions (similar to the 9-B keys that the recent tier 2 KH upgrades got, or what the GG nerfs... sort of got?). Nyx, for example, would only be 5-C to 5-B, because of the way that the coming of the fall being the death of all humanity is described by Ryoji (if Persona wasn't MegaTen, he'd have more than T1 keys). And before anyone says 'you're a Xenoblade fan', uh...

• City level Dunban
  • Melia can keep up with Fog King, but Tyrea isn't implied to scale
  • Lightspeed Jin and Zeke being taken out of context

ExpectTheSame.png

• Getting rid of SMT 1-As

Good luck lmao

It's less getting rid of 1-As (although the bulk of my argument is more 'does this stand on it's own, self-contained merit?' (see Maruki), or 'is the character being given a 1-A key predicated on a metric shitton of degrees of separation not worth the paper it's printed on?' (E.G random shit the wild cards can use, that runs into the 'Arceus vs Arceus' style oddity, and is irrespective of what's known as 'Persona re-use' that 4th Snake debunked?)), it's more there being either other tiers to imply lower stages on their profiles. Y'know, the Boomstick meme from about a month ago? Hell, we already do something similar with 'Early|Mid|Endgame' keys on other profiles, and even if it isn't perfect, it's at least a start (I did something similar with the Albedo Piazzolla mockup, although maybe I should have treated Proto Merkabah as it's own thing... but I digress).

To reiterate: my point is not that it's entirely impossible that T1 entities exist in this series (it isn't impossible), but that the rating is given out in excess, and when I see shit like 'key 3 of Joker being 2-A/T1 because he can fight Thor' (despite the context not pointing to the exact same Thor that seemingly warrants this ranking, leading to this power being underutilised), then... my apologies for being more than a bit sceptical.

Oh easily which is why I'm not so easy to agree on majority of this sites ratings
I kinda agree to an extent which sorta proves my earlier point of some people trying to retroactively make their favourite characters as powerful as possible just for the "lols" or just to beat other fictional characters instead of actually trying to get accurate and/or consistent ratings.

Don't get me wrong we all have our bias for our favourite fictional works and that's fine but sometimes it just feels "wrong" when you can upgrade character A for reasoning that wouldn't fly for another character B due to negative bias, stricter standards or both for character B (vice versa for downgrades) but at this point I'm derailing so I'll drop the subject.
Well teeeeeeechnically Amazon commissioned The Boys BR so there is a chance :VVV
The episode that had Lazer Baby as standard equipment for Billy Butcher (CONTEXT!).

That was a multi million billion dollar corporation. How much do you think it would cost to commission and episode of deathbattle? Like 20 grand is my guess
Uhh depends on cost of animators, info editors and what not. Uuhhhh maybe 3 months worth of pay too? Could be in the 20k area I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back