• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I feel like a lot of the negative reception that Lex vs Doom has gotten has partially been because it had to be compared to Iron Man vs Lex Luthor, which is the single greatest episode of the show in terms of the animation.

But I'm still salty so here's all the connections between Gilgamesh and Doom I can think of so I have an excuse to upload a funny thumbnail.

TheRulesAreWhatIPlease.jpg

Gilgamesh (Fate Series) vs Doctor Doom (Marvel Comics)
  • Both are armored kings (Of Uruk and Latveria respectively)
  • Both are also beloved by their people despite them being Tyrants.
  • Both are capable of seeing the future (Gilgamesh with his Clairvoyance and Doom with Time Travel) and have used the knowledge of those futures to try and improve the world
  • Both are considered candidates for being the greatest magic user in their verse (Gilgamesh has good enough clairvoyance to become Grand Caster (albeit he dosn't have good enough magical talent iirc) and Doom is consistently in the running for Sorcerer Supreme)
  • Both are arrogant to the point of resisting mind control with willpower alone
  • Said arrogance has led to them losing to people they really shouldn't lose to (Gilgamesh to Shirou in UBW and Doom most times he loses)
  • Both reject Gods (Gilgamesh outright hates the gods and Doom considers Godhood "Beneath him")
  • Both use a combination of Magic and Technology in battle (Albeit Gilgamesh's "Technology" is mostly magical)
  • Both, despite being some of the most dangerous beings in their respective series, have still been interpreted as rather silly at times (Gilgamesh in Fate's many self-parodies and Doom in more lighthearted eras in comic book history)
  • Switch alignment more often than Italy in the World Wars
  • Have a rivalry to the point of obsession with a blue wearing character (Gil with Artoria Pendragon and Doom with Reed Richards, albeit for EXTREMELY different reasons)
  • Their lives changed greatly due to the death of someone close to them (Gilgamesh losing Enkidu eventually led to him being the wise king we see in Grand Order, while the death of Doom's mother basically kickstarted his entire life as we know it)

You know, I feel like a lot of the negative reception that Lex vs Doom has gotten has partially been because it had to be compared to Iron Man vs Lex Luthor, which is the single greatest episode of the show in terms of the animation.

But I'm still salty so here's all the connections between Gilgamesh and Doom I can
I feel it less of that and moreso due to last season capeshit obsession which really soured folks on Marvel vs DC MU
Along with GilgaDoom catching steam at the wrong time like Vincent vs Shadow

But I'm still salty so here's all the connections between Gilgamesh and Doom I can think of so I have an excuse to upload a funny thumbnail.

• Both are armored kings (Of Uruk and Latveria respectively)
  • Both are also beloved by their people despite them being Tyrants.
  • Both are capable of seeing the future (Gilgamesh with his Clairvoyance and Doom with Time Travel) and have used the knowledge of those futures to try and improve the world
  • Both are considered candidates for being the greatest magic user in their verse (Gilgamesh has good enough clairvoyance to become Grand Caster (albeit he dosn't have good enough magical talent iirc) and Doom is consistently in the running for Sorcerer Supreme)
  • Both are arrogant to the point of resisting mind control with willpower alone
  • Said arrogance has led to them losing to people they really shouldn't lose to (Gilgamesh to Shirou in UBW and Doom most times he loses)
  • Both reject Gods (Gilgamesh outright hates the gods and Doom considers Godhood "Beneath him")
  • Both use a combination of Magic and Technology in battle (Albeit Gilgamesh's "Technology" is mostly magical)
  • Both, despite being some of the most dangerous beings in their respective series, have still been interpreted as rather silly at times (Gilgamesh in Fate's many self-parodies and Doom in more lighthearted eras in comic book history)
  • Switch alignment more often than Italy in the World Wars
  • Have a rivalry to the point of obsession with a blue wearing character (Gil with Artoria Pendragon and Doom with Reed Richards, albeit for EXTREMELY different reasons)
  • Their lives changed greatly due to the death of someone close to them (Gilgamesh losing Enkidu eventually led to him being the wise king we see in Grand Order, while the death of Doom's mother basically kickstarted his entire life as we know it)
I just realized that this may be better as a Galaxy Grudge Match episode
I don't know the scenario that could fit with these two, but probably something with ruling countries and politics

I just realized that this may be better as a Galaxy Grudge Match episode
I don't know the scenario that could fit with these two, but probably something with ruling countries and politics
I'm thinking a good setup is Doom time traveling to Uruk (He could probably endure the Age of Gods considering even normal humans can if they were born then) and one of a few things:
  • He asks to learn Magic from Gilgamesh and/or see his treasures, and Gilgamesh gets offended that he didn't take off his mask while looking in his general direction or something like that and they start fighting
  • Doom tries to conquer Uruk so he can rule humanity from the beginning of it's history, a proposition that naturally does not go well with Gilgamesh. This could also probably lead to them arguing over ideals, possibly ending with Doom taking Gilgamesh to a ruined future and saying something like "This is the fate of any world not ruled by Doom!" and Gilgamesh says something like "Shut the **** up mongrel" (Obviously a major abridging) and then destroys everything with Ea.
Also, at some point in the fight (Probably near the end), Doom could absorb Gilgamesh's Divinity, only for Gilgamesh to have a speech about how his status as a demigod isn't what makes him the King of Heroes and such.

I haven’t watched bleach and haven’t finished naruto, will eventually, so I apologize for my ignorance, but isn’t Rukia invisible to Sakura?
Yes
The main issue I think Bleach brings is that their cast is notorious for being invisible/undetectable by normal humans also "lolreaitsucrush" and they are spirits so that brings in the possibility that their opponents would need soul-******* resistance to endure etc. Bleach brings in a lot of complications which is why I don't think they did one yet since Naruto vs Ichigo.

Yes
The main issue I think Bleach brings is that their cast is notorious for being invisible/undetectable by normal humans also "lolreaitsucrush" and they are spirits so that brings in the possibility that their opponents would need soul-******* resistance to endure etc. Bleach brings in a lot of complications which is why I don't think they did one yet since Naruto vs Ichigo.
If they do another one, they might do chad vs kuwabara which might solve the problem?

They said in naruto vs ichigo that chakra and reiatsu are similar, so that wouldnt be an issue
well they still played with it in the fight where naruto had to go bijuu mode to see ichigo
Kuwabara is most likely getting Okuyasu
oh yeah
Also for Sakura, Rukia, Kairi, and Morgiana are her best bets. There’s also Amy but everyone rightfully hates that idea.
i really want Morgiana but the problem is Rukia is far more popular and known

Speaking of, looking back, they were reaally damn accurate with the stats, weren't they? Ichigo was High 6-A and Naruto was 5-C just like they are here, and both of them were Relativistic to FTL.

Is it wrong to say that's probably one of the most accurate and well-researched death battles, at least according to our standards?

Speaking of, looking back, they were reaally damn accurate with the stats, weren't they? Ichigo was High 6-A and Naruto was 5-C just like they are here, and both of them were Relativistic to FTL.

Is it wrong to say that's probably one of the most accurate and well-researched death battles, at least according to our standards?
I feel like someone out there is mad and I don’t know why

Bleach statistics seem like a massively volatile subject so I’ll say nothing on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back