• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To celebrate MAR10 day, I made this MU Wheel to celebrate the many marvelous matchups for the mustached mascot of Nintendo, Mario!
ew19vi3c0om81.png
No Ragna?
293.jpg

Ok, I see you've putted Microsoft mascot, where is Sony mascot though?
Supposedly Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon. But Spyro was dropped by @CardboardSlime.

Rumor has it:

Jinx is also pretty strong physically too, in episode 9 of Arcane she was casually walking around whole carrying Vi's Atlas Gauntlets, which canonically weigh a combined 8,140 lbs. [3,692 kg], and due to the amount of Shimmer she was infused with Jinx is at least as strong as if not stronger than Deckard, who lifted a several thousand kg iron door with one hand in episode 3

I need the scans, for myself and other calc staff, thanks.

Last edited:
I genuinely don't understand, how anyone can think, that Kyle vs Simon gonna be a finale of season 9 or 10. Season finale is always episode, that generates many views, because extremely well known characters are used. Simon and especially Kyle aren't that kind of characters. Just because certain characters are popular in vs community, it doesn't mean, they are popular overall. See characters from Dies Irae for example.

The real problem is that its also a cosmic fight. So muh budget is issue there too.
Don't be naive. Why for random (for most people) episode they gonna put so much effort? It's simple not profitable, to give big budget to Kyle vs Simon - episode that 99% Death Battle subcribers don't care about. Remember Thanos vs Darkseid and Hulk vs Broly? Those two episodes are way bigger match-ups, and they don't have big budget for cosmic fight.
Yes, I do think, Galactus vs Unicron also not gonna got big budget cosmic fight, because FOR MAJORITY OF PEOPLE they are random characters.
Yeah i dont think Simon match is going to not be a Final because every cosmic MU has been a final
See this
I genuinely don't understand, how anyone can think, that Kyle vs Simon gonna be a finale of season 9 or 10. Season finale is always episode, that generates many views, because extremely well known characters are used. Simon and especially Kyle aren't that kind of characters. Just because certain characters are popular in vs community, it doesn't mean, they are popular overall. See characters from Dies Irae for example.

Simon vs Kyle is basically darling of hardcore DB fans.
DB fans are minority of DB subscibers. DB subreddit has 6k members - less that 1% of entire DB subscibers. 99% of people don't know who Kyle is.
If they have any sense of fan fulfillment, they'll prolly do it.
They aren't DB main target. Main target are casuals who want more Marvel vs DC or Naruto vs Bleach fights.
Also Will of the Drill did pretty well in YT views, no?
Just like every Brandon Yates track.

Mind quoting such?

is martin the desert mercenary, from guardian tale

not much but, characters who had an encounter with little girls, serving as a father figure to them and end up being kidnapped/abducted.

both having a "bad" ending (marvin dying in the future timeline and brad becoming a joy mutant) both are incredibly resilient and persistent capable of fighting with armies for the person they seek (martin fighting a desert bandit army for laila and brad fighting randon's army for buddy) both constantly showing a serious or angry expression and rarely seen with any other expression, those are the ones that come to mind

although i may well be misremembering things for brad since it was a while ago before i saw anything about lisa the painful.

Yes, I do think, Galactus vs Unicron also not gonna got big budget cosmic fight, because FOR MAJORITY OF PEOPLE they are random characters
Galactus is one of most well known cosmic villains from Marvel who even Normies are aware and Unicron is from TF another well known franchise
not to mention it's been requested up the ass

its not some MU Random Mu that would be lucky to Draw its a MU that would do big numbers as a finale
Also Will of the Drill did pretty well in YT views, no?
200k views
it has the highest view count for a commissioned Track

I guess technically Simon vs Kyle wouldnt count then, but dismissing ************* Galactus is a bit much.

What do you think is finale worthy then?
Season 9 - Dante vs Kratos: both are very well known characters that would generate many viers. Also, new God of War game is coming out
Season 10 - Galactus vs Unicron (because new Transformers movie with Unicron) or something with Goku

Don't be naive. Why for random (for most people) episode they gonna put so much effort?
TTGL is one of the most popular mecha Series out there GL are known among normies via Hal and John Stewart
you brought up fair points tho but we'll see down the line
I mean if we were critical to Galactus, then Kratos & Dante might not stack up likes of Hulk & Saitama.
Kratos has new game coming out and is one of the most requested characters to come back on the show
Dante still thriving off DMC 5 hype

Word of mouth is key. If a match is awesome and the VS community is behind it, then casuals would more open to it. I can see Simon vs Kyle doing well if the community hypes it well enough and the actual episode turns out well. Will it be a finale? No. Word of mouth totally killed KAM vs Macho and Korra vs Storm(though DB should've went with Rey)

You guys kid that Harley vs Jinx wouldn't hit 3mil until years later, but I think it has a good shot of doing well considering how popular Arcane/League is. Harley is also a very popular mainstream character in different medias (movies, comics, cartoons). It has a lot of potential and even if it doesn't become a huge hit, compared to other recent premiers (Yoda/KM, Static vs Miles, and Aquaman vs Namor-none of them hit big boy numbers right away or at all) if it hits 2 mil, then the season is off to a decent start views wise.

If I were them, I would ask youtube on how best to get the algorithm back.

Kratos has new game coming out and is one of the most requested characters to come back on the show
Dante still thriving off DMC 5 hype
Oh no, normally it fits well. But does it fit if Galactus is unworthy?

Thinking about it, Might vs Might really didnt fit as finale as a MU tbh.

TTGL is one of the most popular mecha Series out there GL are known among normies via Hal and John Stewart
you brought up fair points tho but we'll see down the line
Yes, TGGL is quite popular, but Kyle doesn't have any remarkable cartoon appearance, so most people can either don't know him or mistake him for Hal. I think this mu can happen sooner or later, but not a finale. It just won't generate too much views.

Hard carrying views with only 1 hype character is a concept that exist.

Look at Beerus. Look at Carnage.
Tru though in Beerus case the character he fought come from a Well-Known Franchise that also helped it as well
Watch niche fights to get more.
^
Wha? I’m saying the image is broken
long story short if the season does well with Obscure Mu/Franchises The Crew could get RT to be more opened into touching upon more of them
however the MU itself needs support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back