• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i also know jackshit about SM so i'm not 100% sure about it but from what i see it's a pretty good MU
Another 2hou MU i found is Flandre vs Broly, it's stupidly themathic but i think the animation potential could be a problem (I know Broly can also spam projectiles like Flandre but his main method of fighting is still beating the everliving shit out of his opponent until they die, so idk if it can work that well) and Broly already had his best MU, so i still think that Flandre vs Marx is probably her best (Not to mention, Flandre winning against Broly is cringe)
Well, as of Touhou 17.5 Flandre does have some clear melee options, her spear is essentially able to turn into a fire sword for close slashes, she's a vamp so she could probably claw at him, and is stated to be abnormally strong, so they COULD tussle, but the size difference is gonna be pretty funny.

Marx definitely is the better opponent though, I like the thematics, the vibe, and fight/animation potential a lot more. It was one of those fights like Kasen v Fleetway where it got on my mind so much I was able to come up with an entire outline for how I'd do the fight.

Nice to hear, speaking about Touhou MUs, i remember you listing that Puyo Puyo gal as Reimu's best MU and i've found a MU for Reimu that sounds pretty good and i kinda want to hear your thoughts on it, is it a better or worse MU for Reimu than her vs Puyo Puyo gal?
Reimu vs Sailor Mars
Connections: They’re both shrine maidens who work at their respective shrines (the Hakurei Shrine for Reimu and the Hikawa Shrine for Rei Hino) from magical girl series who've inherited spiritual powers from their roles and have a red-white color scheme. Both have ofudas (basically charms, wards or scriptures that are said to bear good luck) that they use to disable beings who have an evil aura surrounding them (Reimu's ofudas works on youkai who have an evil aura and Rei’s ofudas purifies enemies of evil influence). Of course as shrine maidens, they can both perform exorcisms and blessings. They both have pets at the shrine who aided them in battle but were subsequently no longer needed again due to both Reimu and Rei perfecting their abilities (Genjii had Reimu hop on his back and aided her to fly up in the PC-98 era up until Windows before she learned on her own, while Phobos and Deimos gave Rei the Mars crystal allowing her to transform into Sailor Mars). Both of them have crystal like subtances that are spiritual in nature that they use as their primary weapon (the Ying-Yang Orb is made out of a type of crystal that have spiritual power and Sailor Crystals are star seeds which are the souls of humans). And it should be noted that this type of weaponry is the only real way of dealing damage to their world’s enemies due to their normal shrine maiden abilities being pretty much ineffective (Reimu against other youkais in the PC-98 era and Mars against Pallapalla and Tiger’s Eye in the house of mirrors). Both of their names have an etymology with a part of their names being "Rei" meaning "lovely" and "beautiful" alongside "spirit" and "soul", basically tying in with them being shrine maidens since priestesses usually have those characteristics alongside them having spiritual powers. Both of them were given their respective roles to ensure they protect their worlds from anything that threatens peace (Reimu having been given the task of exteriminating youkais who threaten the peace of Gensokyo and Sailor Guardians protecting the Earth from evil). Also, with this role they were also given another role to protect something that ensures peace in society (the Great Hakurei Border for Reimu and Princess Serenity for Rei).
Honestly kinda like this MU now, seems decently close as well, which is a rarity for 2hu matches and also like half the reason I shill Yukari vs Altair so much.

Everyone knows that mu for awhile lol
And I think the connections for weren't all that according to folks on the discord
Yeah, some of the connections on that MU were kinda not true, like calling both Flandre and Broly demonic, which is a stretch but i can see Flandre being described like that, thought definetly not Broly. Or how the connections decribe Marisa as being Flandre's friend, even tho she says herself in the games that she hopes not to encounter her.

Hey guys, i'm back!
If you really want to know where i've been, then TL;DR i had some really shitty internet that i only could access through my phone and it was barely functional
Anyways, did i miss anything important on this thread? (Aside from first 3 episodes getting realesed, which i already watched)
How is KP's and Smashor's quests going on finding every MU for every Touhou/Gunvolt character? Does Joycap still hate Shulk vs Lightning more than anything? Did Tots' takes get even worse?
Hm... from what I've seen, you haven't missed TOO much.

Do you guys think tets vs mag is a stomp or nah? It’s rare to see such a large channel like DB use relatively unknown characters so I find this MU interesting.
Depends ignoring this sites shit stats for Mags it closer than Mewtwo vs Tetsuo

Kinda a stomp if you buy herald Magneto but even then mags wins thanks to his hax

Edit: Scratch that they mentioned he can hit with the force of a sun in Batman vs IronMan so ye a stomp

DB
Vs Wiki
Comicvine

OBD would've been on the list if there fall from grace wasn't so tragic.
What about Versus Compendium?
Poor Versus Compendium

Well yeah it's anonymity. Anyway I digress.
Think I'll end up waiting for this season to be over before watching another episode of this show. It's pretty fun to binge watch a db season after it's done.
Thor beats vegeta mid dif
Magneto beats akira
I dont remember who else is a fight
Boba Fett - has the following matchups
  • Predator - most requested matchup tbh. Has been on Community Death Battle.
  • Star-lord - somehow 2nd most requested matchup. Comes with hatred of "too many Marvel". Has been on Super Power Beat Down.
  • Prophet - more a MU for Predator
  • Captain Shepherd - more a MU for Star-lord

We have, for the big ones
  • Sakura Kinomoto (red and white magical/spiritual girl who fights under a pseudo battle card system) - my personal favorite
  • Sailor Mars (manga) (red and white shrine maiden who fought for humanity)
  • Yusuke Urameshi - pulled away by Yusuke Urameshi vs Yoh Asakura

Depends ignoring this sites shit stats for Mags it closer than Mewtwo vs Tetsuo

Kinda a stomp if you buy herald Magneto but even then mags wins thanks to his hax

Edit: Scratch that they mentioned he can hit with the force of a sun in Batman vs IronMan so ye a stomp
If we scale Mags to sun punching, then we still need to consider validity of universe level Tetsuo Shima (Manga) since Tetsuo Shima (Movie) is a thing - and the hax walls of Tetsuo.

Poor Versus Compendium

• Star-lord - somehow 2nd most requested matchup. Comes with hatred of "too many Marvel". Has been on Super Power Beat Down.

We have, for the big ones
  • Sakura Kinomoto (red and white magical/spiritual girl who fights under a pseudo battle card system) - my personal favorite
  • Sailor Mars (manga) (red and white shrine maiden who fought for humanity)
  • Yusuke Urameshi - pulled away by Yusuke Urameshi vs Yoh Asakura

If we scale Mags to sun punching, then we still need to consider validity of universe level Tetsuo Shima (Manga) since Tetsuo Shima (Movie) is a thing - and the hax walls of Tetsuo.
1. Hax wall? What’s that?
2. Tetsuo(Manga) is solidly high 3-A with light wank and casually planetary using statements from the manga, he has good regen, gravity manipulation and some type of soul manipulation, and can some how come back from dying from an overdose.

Has Mags fought intangible or even incorporeal beings?
If we’re using manga version at the end he ascends to a “higher plane” after being killed/erased from the regular world along with other espers. He still does have mini Big Bang quotes though.
Stuff like mind control, telepathic attacks, illusions/hallucinations, mind reading, ect
telepathy, and I’m not sure if this would work for him but he tried to read akiras mind and scared shitless to the point of teleporting away. This is because in akira mind was the stream, a universal stream on which man cannot fully comprehend. Tetsuo was still addicted to the drugs and could not properly use his powers or understand the stream. Whether when he understands the stream this would happen if someone read his mind so unknown. Btw this stream stuff is where his high 3-A comes from.

I heard Wolf from Star Fox could be an option though he's not really notable as a request for Boba Fett.

Man I hope he’s actually fighting Mewtwo
IMG_5262.jpg

Are they ever gonna take a ******* break from Marvel and DC for a Season? Or at the very least a Season where they only get one or two episodes before focusing on other franchises?
No.

Given character power scaling and character versus debating somehow are byproducts of comics.

And be very glad Japanese ACGN can do the same job so do spam more views at Tanjiro Kamado vs Jonathan Joestar as the crew asks such that investors will be convinced to do more Japan ACGN matches should such matches draw more clicks.

And IMO capeshit vs Japan ACGN matchups (and basically any other those Marvel vs non-DC and DC vs non-Marvel matchups) can alleviate the "too much capeshit" problem while leveraging the comic fanbases and movie fanbases.

I wouldn't really have a problem with there being a lot of DC/Marvel matches if they were spread out a bit more across the season, instead of almost 3 back to back. I hope RT will take the hint that maybe they shouldn't spam the hell out of them with the declining and slow view counts that Harley/Jinx and Wanda/Zatanna got while two non comic series got #3 on trending and got a million views in a day

I wouldn't really have a problem with there being a lot of DC/Marvel matches if they were spread out a bit more across the season, instead of almost 3 back to back. I hope RT will take the hint that maybe they shouldn't spam the hell out of them with the declining and slow view counts that Harley/Jinx and Wanda/Zatanna got while two non comic series got #3 on trending and got a million views in a day
This could be a challenge as the MCU movies are packing tight yet a mid-season break will mean more capeshit matchups being squeezed together.

I could forgive Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna being aired at that date but they should really have avoided Harley Quinn vs Jinx as season premiere.

This could be a challenge as the MCU movies are packing tight yet a mid-season break will mean more capeshit matchups being squeezed together.

I could forgive Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna being aired at that date but they should really have avoided Harley Quinn vs Jinx as season premiere.
The time it took for Harley and Wanda's mus to hit 1 million views is ABSURD for DB standards, clearly casuals and fans don't give a shit about DC/Marvel spam or what new movie is coming out. They need to spread them out more and honestly stop doing so many of them, its genuinely hurting their viewcounts a lot.

It also doesn't help that some of the filler capeshit fights are usually really really bad and not worth rewatching, one of Death Battle's big appeals for me and most people is usually how rewatchable they are. If the fight is absolute dog water like SW vs Zee or MachoAids its not gonna be worth coming back to

In fact... I can give a pass to Wanda vs Zee.
But Harley Quinn vs Jinx is a commercial failure - as a season premiere and as an episode in general - despite being artistically done right somehow. Compared to how much animation work they have spent. Those hefty sum of money spent on a long fight and 3D models and fighting actions, and gaining not quite effective view clicks return.

And Tanjiro Kamado vs Jonathan Joestar is executed well (if not perfect screwed by the MS Paint-ish water breathing effects which brings the Hado 99 trauma back) and gets the trending it deserves.

Fans do care about new MCU or DCEU movies. It is just another growing voices of "too much capeshit" that is separately pulling views away. It just need to be better spaced apart and we can already avoid the scrambling.

Last edited:
What big Mario matchups are there even left to do after Bowser vs Eggman?
  • Mario vs Kirby - Kirby arguably doesn't need to come back, generally seen as a stomp for Kirby, though it did recently get a DBC (for however much that's worth...)
  • Peach vs Amy - Peach arguably already got her best matchup, neither are super requested to come back outside of shitty Tai Lung memes, Amy is more requested for other characters like Sakura
  • Bowser Jr. vs Metal Sonic - Just Bowser vs Eggman but lesser
  • Knuckles vs Wario - Knuckles has Juggernaut as a better opponent (also allows Archie Knuckles to be used to help distinguish it from DK vs Knuckles) and Wario doesn't need to come back
  • Shadow vs Wario - It'd be Shadows fourth episode, and Wario would be weaker as a matchup for him than literally everyone who beat him to the punch
  • Luigi vs Pac-Man - Probably Luigi's best matchup that isn't just throwing him against Tails again, gets Pac-Man on the show, not super thematic but at least the main connection is a little more specific than "they the sidekicks". Probably one of the better ones here, but still doesn't scream "must have" to me.
  • A Yoshi runback - While a modern Yoshi analysis could be fun, he isn't super requested to come back in the first place, and even then he doesn't have a truly set-in-stone opponent (I'm personally a proponent for Yoshi vs Chocobo)
Did I forget anything?
Um...

Bowser Jr. VS Tron Bonne is much better and more requested at this point.

Rosalina VS Palutena (even though I think it's stupid)

Waluigi VS Jet or Big the Cat for some reason but if not he also has Robbie Rotten

They can also do the basic fodder enemies again, like Goomba or Koopa VS something like Bokoblins or whatever

And Bowser has a potential rematch against Ganon as an alternate and they've expressed wanting to do that before.

While it did take longer than usual for Jinxly to hit a mil views, it actually has a lot of life going, and I expect it to be at 1.4mil by the "1 month" mark. Compare that to 1.7mil by Yoda vs Mickey last year by the "1 month mark", that's not a HUGE difference. Compared to recent 3D fights Akuma vs Shao Kahn was at 1.1m at the 1 month mark and Link vs Cloud 2 was 1.2mil by the 1 month mark. Underwhelming premiere performance for sure, but it's actually beating out a handful of last seasons episodes so far.

Z vs Wanda is actually not benefiting a lot from Tanjojo's success from what I'm seeing. Jinxly got 30k+views while Z vs Wanda got 15k+ so far.

But the thing is guys, Vegeta vs Thor is going to be a hit no matter what and that's going to tell them that Capeshit is OK

who would've thought Tanjojo would beat out DioCard in performance (so far)
Wish Kenshitaro be the same...
But yeah this does mean fans actually want more Japan ACGN matchups.

guys, Vegeta vs Thor is going to be a hit no matter what and that's going to tell them that Capeshit is OK
Nah its gonna keep up the status quo of Dragon Ball = Views
I see it as another Zee vs Wanda. But more brawls and less hax. Okay we know Thor wins by speed and hax in verdict but let us hope the fight choreography be actually good and be drawing good view clicks.

alright folks stop being dumb for a moment

while DB choices to start the season first 3 episodes with comics is a bit dumb lets not get stupid and act like there failing up the ass when they been doing well so far
Wanda vs Zee is kind of just hurt by the bad fight itself, its not fun to rewatch.
eh the fight was fine just not that great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back