• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might take way too long for Saitamas story to finish.

Also unless they go max gag route, Popeye would prolly still beat him.

Maybe Saitama was the most requested character before S8?
yeah but like
Folks are going to complain about him being used way before we seen his full power
Saitama was obviously a highly requested character but like why now

yeah but like
Folks are going to complain about him being used way before we seen his full power
Saitama was obviously a highly requested character but like why now
If there is any shred of legacy here, then I absolutely can believe Saitama was the single most requested DB character pre S8. And thats why they can risk a gamble that Saitama cant beat someone who survives universal existence erasure.

Abilities​

Stats​

• Saitama: The upper limit of Saitama’s strength isn’t known so he’s rated by his best feat, which to date is when he casually overpowered Boros’ “Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon”, which is Multi-Continental (Manga), Planetary (Anime), or Star level (Wank). His speed ranges Relativistic to FTL based on a number of feats:
    • Jumping from the moon to Earth
    • Blitzing Boros, who could launch him near-lightspeed
    • Outspeeding Geryuganshoop’s near-lightspeed attacks
    • Much slower characters like Flashy Flash perceived an explosion in slow motion, and Genos and Atomic Samurai outsped incredibly fake lasers.
  • Popeye: Apparently Popeye is known for doing Pre-Crisis Superman-esque meme shit. He’s lifted the Earth, lassoed the sun, destroyed stellar constellations, blew the sun out like a candle, cracked the sun, given the sun a black eye, beat up an 7-dimensional being and beat up his creator. In regards to speed Popeye flew from Earth to the moon in seconds, so Relativistic+

“Saitama just kills Popeye before he eats his spinach and/or steals his spinach”​

1. Pretty sure there’s a rule that necessitates both characters need to be at their strongest for Death Battle, so nothing anticlimactic like this will happen.
  2. “lol just blitz and one shot” isn’t an in-character tactic for Saitama.
    1. It’s a running gag in OPM that Saitama usually allows his opponents to rant about their motives and power up into their strongest forms, before punching them into oblivion.
    2. Saitama longs for a challenging, exhilarating fight, so he wouldn’t deny an opponent the chance to power-up.
    3. Even if Saitama did one-punch Popeye before he munches his spinach, Toon Force Regeneration comes in clutch. He’ll just revive, eat his spinach, and proceed to clobber Saitama.
  3. Saitama does not know the properties of Popeye’s spinach, so there’s no reason he’d think stealing it or blitzing Popeye before he munches it would be necessary. Also, Saitama engages in combat with casual indifference, so he wouldn’t be vigilant enough to worry about Popeye’s spinach before he eats it.

Ways Saitama can avoid death​

• Goku vs Superman 2 logic: Or “No Limits Fallacy”. Doubt Modern DB would stoop that low.
  • Copout ending: Saitama’s series is still ongoing and the upper limit of his strength is canonically unknown, so they could potentially make it a tie by this logic.
So basically:
  • Saitama gets APstomped and is outclassed in versatility thanks to Popeye’s Toon Force shit
  • Saitama has no way to kill Popeye due to his Regeneration
  • Saitama is likely faster, but not vastly so
So it’s a stomp, but at least it isn’t a stomp where the losing character didn’t have a single advantage 😅

Last edited:

Abilities​

Stats​

• Saitama: The upper limit of Saitama’s strength isn’t known so he’s rated by his best feat, which to date is when he casually overpowered Boros’ “Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon”, which is Multi-Continental (Manga), Planetary (Anime), or Star level (Wank). His speed ranges Relativistic to FTL based on a number of feats:
    • Jumping from the moon to Earth
    • Blitzing Boros, who could launch him near-lightspeed
    • Outspeeding Geryuganshoop’s near-lightspeed attacks
    • Much slower characters like Flashy Flash perceived an explosion in slow motion, and Genos and Atomic Samurai outsped incredibly fake lasers.
  • Popeye: Apparently Popeye is known for doing Pre-Crisis Superman-esque meme shit. He’s lifted the Earth, lassoed the sun, destroyed stellar constellations, blew the sun out like a candle, cracked the sun, given the sun a black eye, beat up an 7-dimensional being and beat up his creator. In regards to speed Popeye flew from Earth to the moon in seconds, so Relativistic+

“Saitama just kills Popeye before he eats his spinach and/or steals his spinach”​

1. Pretty sure there’s a rule that necessitates both characters need to be at their strongest for Death Battle, so nothing anticlimactic like this will happen.
  2. “lol just blitz and one shot” isn’t an in-character tactic for Saitama.
    1. It’s a running gag in OPM that Saitama usually allows his opponents to rant about their motives and power up into their strongest forms, before punching them into oblivion.
    2. Saitama longs for a challenging, exhilarating fight, so he wouldn’t deny an opponent the chance to power-up.
    3. Even if Saitama did one-punch Popeye before he munches his spinach, Toon Force Regeneration comes in clutch. He’ll just revive, eat his spinach, and proceed to clobber Saitama.
  3. Saitama does not know the properties of Popeye’s spinach, so there’s no reason he’d think stealing it or blitzing Popeye before he munches it would be necessary. Also, Saitama engages in combat with casual indifference, so he wouldn’t be vigilant enough to worry about Popeye’s spinach before he eats it.

Ways Saitama can avoid death​

• Goku vs Superman 2 logic: Or “No Limits Fallacy”. Doubt Modern DB would stoop that low.
  • Copout ending: Saitama’s series is still ongoing and the upper limit of his strength is canonically unknown, so they could potentially make it a tie by this logic.
So basically:
  • Saitama gets APstomped and is outclassed in versatility thanks to Popeye’s Toon Force shit
  • Saitama has no way to kill Popeye due to his Regeneration
  • Saitama is likely faster, but not vastly so
So it’s a stomp, but at least it isn’t a stomp where the losing character didn’t have a single advantage 😅
bruh, he’s gonna punch Saitama so hard he becomes Gandhi
Also blitz kill doesn’t matter because plot makes it so the spinach rolls over to him, infact that’s how I imagine the fight going, Saitama disposes of the spinach, kill popeye, then it comes back to revive him and he clobbers him

if death battle decides to add scott pilgrim since they did ramona

will we see this

scott_pilgrim_vs_travis_touchdown__by_thephantomthiefakira_dee2e0s-pre.jpg

I want to see travis on death battle.

It makes sense because both are gamers.

Not just because of a sick robot, but because NMH3 exists.

Also to point out, I saw so much MU for both Travis and Scott ngl...

yeah that time slow and shit is going to wreck scott so badly

but still even if the power level difference is to much i would like to see it just for the sake of animation and stuff even if it's a stomp.

Yup lol. Oh boy, there's a alot lol.
My favorite is the Gwen Stacey retcon lol

The worst retcon, though...? Hoo boy, have I got a SCORCHER for you lot...

VirgilRain2.gif

Yeah, as if Saga III's time-travel-but-not-really plotline didn't have enough narrative issues... I'm hoping to be quick on this, as I have my retrospective video in the works. So, here's the appetiser.

I want to frontload this by saying that Luis Virgil, as one of the secondary Testaments, was SO CLOSE to being a good character. That brief-but-weighty introduction to his character in 1 as a druggy calling out the hypocrisies of Realian Legislation was memorable as hell, supplemented by his transformation and reveal as one of the four Testaments found throughout the series, not to mention Febronia (the metaphorical angel on his shoulder) being a well-handled character in her own right. However, because of his axing at the hands of KOS-MOS, that turn to Talmud was something of a narrative double-edged sword, yet not without an understandable enough setup... which is what I would be saying, if III's narrative dev hell didn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

OK, let's address the Israeli Elephant in the room (yes, I am sprinkling in Jewish jokes that may get me labled as 'anti-semetic', why do you ask?): In 1, Virgil's death was by Gatling from KOS-MOS, correct? So why does III feel the need for these long and protracted scenes of Zombie Realians, while the 'future' Shion hands off a Self-destruct code to him, which leads to the 'death' of Virgil in the past? Even with our 1000iQ power scaling brains, can I not see a single way that Virgil was able to limp alongside Shion for the front of the Miltian Church, only to chuck her out, shut the doors, detonate that C4 faster than a Snake main on Venom, and bolt for the backdoor that was about 200 yards away, when the button press and detonation happened in basically the same second. And before you ask, the 'past' Virgil and 'Testament' Virgil are treated as two separate entities.

That right there should put this forward as a contender for the worst retcon a series has ever seen in my eyes, but OH NO, it gets WORSE. While the scene of the Testament Virgil roasting Shion is handled OK, and the aftermath has the since-axed off Febronia (yes, there was a past Febronia too, don't ask...) calling out the hypocrisy of roasting Realians as (at least partially) a coping mechanism is good for it's own reasons, the problem comes in the form of Virgil joining the now force-ghost-esque Febronia, seemingly turning his back on Wilhelm (that who gave him the ability to become a Testament in the first place). Yeah, as if the Testament page wasn't enough of a Discredited article, get this: what Wilhelm actually did was, and to paraphrase said page "present Virgil with Eternal time in the rendezvous point between him and Febronia".

Translation: Because of the way that the U.M.N is supposed to work (a concept that is as all-encompassing as it is vague) as a form of "subconscious" memory storage, any distinction between it and the 'time travel' that III's narrative seeks to deny ever happened (and fails to do so) has now been thrown out the window.

Couple all of the above with the CLEAR discrepancies with what the series had already submitted to public memory (cough KOS-MOS AAA Encephalon Dive cough), and the fact that this 'Shion Subconscious' time travel arc that already leads to one of the worst series of story events I think I've ever had the displeasure of playing through... yeah, you can tell I'm a trifle miffed.

I'll leave it at that. It's an hour past midnight on my end, and I have a script to crack on with.

The offending scenes are 192-200 (if you're using Helsonium as a frame of reference) if you're curious. Naturally, you'll have to play the series for context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back