• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Piccolo Amarillo might get feats from movie.

Will Cell return based on trailer ending, or will he get a successor?
Who knows what Piccolo will do I'm not having my hopes up given it's Dragon Ball we're talking here

Cell return is 50/50 ATM but frankly speaking it be funny if he does cause he goes from being stomped to stomping most of his MU if he came back and get a buff

Well Piccolo Amarillo might get feats from movie.

Will Cell return based on trailer ending, or will he get a successor?
He becomes really ******* strong, gets some hax resistance and receives hax for himself which in result makes Piccolo more powerful than MM and gives us a second DC L after Jinx vs Harley
If you're not new to Dragon Ball, then you already know what i said above is a lie

Ya know it's sad really
Piccolo is a guy that has alot of shit that can make up for a fun fight and he one of the more versatile DB Characters from the show
But when it options are just getting fed to Green Superman and whatever the **** Garnet and Knuckles be it just makes things feel meh
Super Skrull works connections wise, has decent animation potential and from what i know Piccolo wins but it really feels boring because it's another capeshit MU

Eh.... I don't feel like it quite works tbh.

Also Metal Bat stomps badly
Two hot-headed teens that prefer close combat as their main method of fighting, have younger sisters (Family is big part of their character), their occupation is to kill monsters for a living while also preforming tasks to help the common people, and most importantly both are able to get stronger the more damage they take.

Two hot-headed teens that prefer close combat as their main method of fighting, have younger sisters (Family is big part of their character), their occupation is to kill monsters for a living while also preforming tasks to help the common people, and most importantly both are able to get stronger the more damage they take.
I get the appeal and it's better than Bakugou but really ain't down for it as a DB episode

Idk the connections for that beyond green guys who stretch and shit
Both are green, pointy-eared aliens that can morph their bodies to gain advantages in battle. Their powers include stretching abilities, energy based attacks and defense, flight, and super strength. They also fused with the DNA of other characters to become the strongest in their species (Piccolo fusing with other Namekians and Super Skull fusing himself with the Fantastic Four’s abilities). Both have became the "super" members of their race (Piccolo is a super namekian and Super Skrull is... Well, Super Skrull). They were originally made by beings from their race to succeed on conquering earth. They became big enemies against Earth’s defenders. That is until they began to take the role of a mentor for a young alien hybrid that is destined to become a great hero (Gohan and Hulkling). Said alien hybrids are also children of legendary heroes from their worlds (Goku and Captain Mar-Vell). They are now willing to risk their lives for this child and they assist Earth’s heroes in protecting the planet from a greater alien threat.

Last edited:
Both are green, pointy-eared aliens that can morph their bodies to gain advantages in battle. Their powers include stretching abilities, energy based attacks and defense, flight, and super strength. They also fused with the DNA of other characters to become the strongest in their species (Piccolo fusing with other Namekians and Super Skull fusing himself with the Fantastic Four’s abilities). Both have became the "super" members of their race (Piccolo is a super namekian and Super Skrull is... Well, Super Skrull). They were originally made by beings from their race to succeed on conquering earth. They became big enemies against Earth’s defenders. That is until they began to take the role of a mentor for a young alien hybrid that is destined to become a great hero (Gohan and Hulkling). Said alien hybrids are also children of legendary heroes from their worlds (Goku and Captain Mar-Vell). They are now willing to risk their lives for this child and they assist Earth’s heroes in protecting the planet from a greater alien threat.
Really not feeling it tbh

Death Battle main target aren't VS community or nerds. Death Battle main target are casuals who just want to see their fovourite characters.
Same thing with superhero movies. Their main target are casuals, not nerds who reads comics.
Agree and Disagree. It's a mix bag. Casuals don't know what scaling is or how VS works exactly. Death Battle seems to be mostly geared towards the VS community now, since they use scaling and actual calcs and stats. Back in the early seasons, they relied on no limit fallacies, simple strength feats, and little to no scaling, which was easier for casuals to grasp.

I think their target audience IS normies, but their actual audience,at least currently, is mostly the VS community if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Cont
Based on my observations, When VS calcs are shared on various fandom communities, they aren't exaclty received well. Some say they're stupid and deranged. I do think you do lose some people when you declare a character is many times FTL and can shit out nukes so casually.

Agree and Disagree. It's a mix bag. Casuals don't know what scaling is or how VS works exactly. Death Battle seems to be mostly geared towards the VS community now, since they use scaling and actual calcs and stats. Back in the early seasons, they relied on no limit fallacies, simple strength feats, and little to no scaling, which was easier for casuals to grasp.

I think their target audience IS normies, but their actual audience,at least currently, are the VS community if that makes any sense.
I get get what I men's the reality is DB pretty much saw that the current way of doing shit back in old era DB wasn't gonna hold and you have to evolve than relying on the whole NLF,pure feats wise and no scaling shit
Cont
Based on my observations, When VS calcs are shared on various fandom communities, they aren't exaclty received well. Some say they're stupid and deranged. I do think you do lose some people when you declare a character is many times FTL and can shit out nukes so casually.
Well that makes sense not many of them care so much for vs shit like we do so when they see some of the calcs there responses seem to make sense as to why they find ridiculous

I still think Natsu vs ace is the biggest stomp in the show
Not even top 20 of all time on the show
Death Battle main target aren't VS community or nerds. Death Battle main target are casuals who just want to see their fovourite characters.
Same thing with superhero movies. Their main target are casuals, not nerds who reads comics.
Mostly true not to say you can't do obscure MU here n there but frankly YouTube current system just makes it harder to do obscured MU as well whether normed and casual are aware of said series

Still more connections than esdeath and Gray

But now Death Battle is in a pickle. Do you tone down the calcs and stats for the casual audience to understand/swallow your content? If you do, then the VS community nerds will be more than happy to debunk you or make vidoes "NOOOOO MY CHARACTER IS MEGAULTRAUNIVERSAL WITH INFINITE SPEED!!! NOOOO DEATH BATTLE IS DOWNPLAYING!" or do you go even crazier and satisfy the VS communities but lose the casual audience more and more by having town level street characters?

But now Death Battle is in a pickle. Do you tone down the calcs and stats for the casual audience to understand/swallow your content? If you do, then the VS community nerds will be more than happy to debunk you or make vidoes "NOOOOO MY CHARACTER IS MEGAULTRAUNIVERSAL WITH INFINITE SPEED!!! NOOOO DEATH BATTLE IS DOWNPLAYING!" or do you go even crazier and satisfy the VS communities but lose the casual audience more and more by having town level street characters?
I think the calcs are best if it's like korra vs storm. Just say what they can do. Focus more on the characters personality and story.
Also I actually love debunk videos I find them very good background noise.

Reminder that there's no rule stating characters must have connections which each other. Death Battle and their audience dig their own hole focusing so much on connections.

My dude Joshua gets it. All the way back in 2013, he called out the show and their audience for focusing too much on connections and how the similar the fighters are which leads to uninteresting fights.

5:30-

That's the issue of VS It's never a Static it always changed in regards to how strong or weak a character is which lead to shit like This

I always assumed Genocide Route was arguing like a fusion of Frisk post Chara-possession ngl. Because if so then Batter's solar system vs Chara's multiversal is definitely a bit of a wash.
that is something is problem is that... it can be used to say that all that damage or achieve to do something to frisk genocide after the event of chara are multiversal which is a little.. not very recommendable... besides we don't really know if frisk can recreate what chara achieved, since in both endings we are annihilated by her with relative ease.. let's remember that she needs a huge amount of determination to survive asriel's attack and frisk pacifist is by far the one who demonstrated more this.. but only in a resistance section...

although i guess you can use frisk multiversal to fight with ness multiversal lol

Reminder that there's no rule stating characters must have connections which each other. Death Battle and their audience dig their own hole focusing so much on connections.

My dude Joshua gets it. All the way back in 2013, he called out the show and their audience for focusing too much on connections and how the similar the fighters are which leads to uninteresting fights.

See things is that folks forget that connections aren't the end all to be all nowadays

Cable vs Booster Gold had nothing going beyond dudes who time travel

Goro vs Machamp was just four arm fights

Popeye vs Saitama was just OP Bald dudes

But those MU had something that made them click

I mean... Via connections we discovered Itachi vs Undertaker and it's definetly anything but a boring fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back