• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the part about it that bothers me most about it being a Pity Win by design is that Ryuko's probably never comming back. DBX at most.

We joke about characters being 'fed' to the winners sometimes, but she was literally tossed into the meat grinder on that one. The episode was never 'Shadow Vs. Ryuko' it was 'Shadow finally gets a win, with special guest: Who Cares?'

Episode didn't sell me on Kill-La-Kill or Ryuko, it didn't make me like Shadow any more. It just felt like 'A Shadow win, are you happy?' paired with animation that's...fine, good in places weaker in others, But probably not going to be long-term memorable for the fanbase.

She was sacrificial lamb duty, that's bout it. Sonic fans went wild briefly and then seemed to stop caring almost immediately.

...looking at it from the meta level, just kinda sucks it had to be that way. Doesn't feel like the Sonic side got much out of it, the Kill-La-Kill fans got screwed, and casuals enjoyed it but will probably forget about it in favor of the more 'stunning' MUs.
Out of curiosity, you have an idea of who she should've fought instead?

I still think Natsu vs ace is the biggest stomp in the show. It's a mountain level against a planet level. Lmao.
Its Volnutt in Battle Royale that was the most fed just to get funny 5 MM BR.

They had City-Blocker VS Universe buster, even Rock was in Multi-Continent range ffs lmao

Did they ever even calc Wargreymon's ap? I don't remember a number
Not really, MetalGreymon had power of nuclear warhead and Digivices stopped universe destroying attack. Thats most of it.

Do casual audiences really take issue with fictional characters being unrealistically powerful?
Depends on who. Most of the time not really, but some characters are perceived at certain powers cough Ben vs Hal cough

Also Super Skrull is for Cell, stretchy arm connection is not snappy enough since its not their thing.

And yeah, connections dont need to be huge, but it needs to click, it needs to vibe. As much as it is "capeshit" Venom vibes pretty well with Crona and Shadow absolutely clicks with Ryuko. I dare even say I sort of vibed with Akuma vs Kahn.

We do need some themes, otherwise we'd get shit like Superman vs Hulk or Goku vs Saitama.

Biggest stomp
Bomberman vs Dig Dug
Guess who won. hehe

Let's see:
Satsuki vs Death the Kid
Ragyo vs Lusamine
Nui Harime vs Doflamingo
Technically also has Satsuki Kiryuin vs Bruno Bucciarati or Stocking Anarchy

No only thing that happened was KOF has a Multiverse
Holy... Wait Japanese gods are KOF elements it is "reasonable" to assume they are universe level.
Funny you do not solo KOF verse by fighting the literal Verse

I mean... Via connections we discovered Itachi vs Undertaker and it's definetly anything but a boring fight
Close connections are good and add spice to the fight, but they are not like the more the marginally better factor.

A good debate, a "sense that they could make an interesting fight and not just a stomp that ends the fight starts and one character can at least attempt to pull a trigger before the other does", some easily understandable themes, some notable "logical" rivalries (like some "rivalries" exist and some characters have close connections but their hax walls and power gaps are too huge to make a good fight other than spite if you just even glance at their works), the animation potential... A lot of factors can kick in.

Out of curiosity, you have an idea of who she should've fought instead?
Ryuko Matoi vs Akame may be fun. (Okay Ryuko stomps but at least it is a welcome one and technically the poison/curse may still affect Ryuko. And people want Akame to die to some blade lady since Gray vs Esdeath)

Off topic: how would one find a matchup interesting but the animation/production just gets some weird problems?

E.g. Byleth Eisner vs Rean Schwarzer - this is quite raised up for a Fire Emblem vs Trails/Legend of Heroes series matchup but then their super forms may somehow "clash" (maybe Byleth has some dragons to ride but Rean has a giant mech iirc and this means the size difference will be bigger than Kirby vs Majin Buu or Optimus Prime vs RX-78-2 Gundam)
And will the female Byleth be actually picked because she is more versatile and has more appearances in polls and even spinoff games.

Let's see:
Satsuki vs Death the Kid
Ragyo vs Lusamine
Nui Harime vs Doflamingo
Keep hearing the first two. I don't get Satsuki's connections yet, but Ragyo's are on the nose and I like that one.

I think I know who Nui is but I know nothing about her.

This is ths part that sucks about finally watching that anime you kept hearing about for years but didn't think was your 'thing'. You know all the spoilers for some characters (Ragyo) but somehow know nothing about others (Nui)

Wish I could've told younger me to watch it before the weird mismatch of spoilers set in.

From what I know of Ryuko so far, and being a Soul Eater Fan...I THINK I like Crona Vs Ryuko?

If I had to pick, I think I like Crona Vs. Carnage MORE however.

...I got Venom...I'm not bitter.

Who are the best villains featured on DB and why is it a tie between Beerus and Reverse-Flash?
Beerus is not a villain - at least he soon turned towards the hero's side after that clash. This statement automatically fails.

But Reverse-Flash is an interesting character to get introduced, and Death Battle somehow managed to make his introduction interesting despite being the 3rd Flash character to get introduced and is basically "Barry Allen but evil and trolling".

In fact, the introduction of Esdeath is quite good in Death Battle terms. Minus the controversial calculation of that Ice Storm.

Who are the best villains featured on DB and why is it a tie between Beerus and Reverse-Flash?
I dunno Dio was HAME incarnate. He kicked a dog then burnt it when he was still a child, hated the very kind family that took him in and improved his life, didn't think twice about throwing away the last of his humanity, stole his adopted brother's body, etc (That was just part 1 too).

Also Darkseid solos all with his hands behind his back like a true FINAL boss.

Wow, I hate both of them.

Edit: TL;DR it's for mostly the same reasons. Both do horrible shit and get little more than a slap on the wrist. Beerus is seen as "A guy who's just doing his job" despite the fact he's shit at his job, and his job dosn't require him to be an asshole to literally everyone yet he is anyways. He threatens to erase people so hard they don't get an afterlife over the pettiest shit, yet he's still considered one of the "Good Guys". I genuinely hope that someone on the Dragon Team surpasses him in power and bitch slaps him.

Eobard has the whole being forgiven thing. And what pisses me off even more is when people say "that was the only way Barry could defeat him" when Eobard is the king of standing around like a bumbling moron, so focused on his own monologue that a street tier can stab him with a sword. Barry could literally just absorb the Speed Force and then unparadox him before he can react while his guard is down.

Last edited:
There is a caveat to avoid it, but Shadow vs Ryuko was likely on purpose. You know why?

Because any dedicated debater knows Shadow beats Ryuko. Swan mentioned 'megaversal' as a term in 2016. The research team absolutely ******* knows Shadow wins that. It being a cool fight is not a point, they could make any fight great. Research team also has hand in what MUs get picked. If they would have wanted a DC L to non-Marvel they would have done it years ago.

The only caveat is, how do they truly pick matches. Apparently higher ups give ideas, so I guess those wouldnt count. A weird case is Ben. He really liked Korra a lot. Now, I think he knew Storm stomped her, but liked the MU best, but I wonder if there is a chance that he wasnt sure if Storm truly stomps Korra.

But either way, large majority of fights are already done deals. We are at their mercy to see what franchises get what wins or losses aka the embarrassing delay of Ruby vs Maka. So in that sense I do think Shadow vs Ryuko is very likely a "pity win".
I mean you have a point from a certain view but like really speaking there wasn't much of an option to go for beyond it
You have a Sonic L or W and most of Sonic current MU left doesn't off much favorable outcome left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back