• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
de6toi4-a216ae0d-052f-4018-a910-5fc83ad39b22.png

This is a freebie
Satsuino no back

DBMatch21-3.png

"Helper to Hero, Dood!"
thanks for an unironically perfect track name holy shit
I know I've bought this MU up before, but allowing it time to sink in made me realise... I actually kinda **** with this:

Akira_vs_Makoto.png

Akira Howard (Astral Chain) vs Makoto Nijima (Persona 5):

• Both are siblings to major figures in their respective police forces (this is also its own contrast, as Akira is also in the Neuron police force, whereas Makoto helps the Phantom Thieves enact vigilante justice). EDIT: Both technically have dead dads (Makoto and Sae bring him up several times, whereas Max Howard is the adoptive dad of Legionis/Akira who ends up dead when Axe Legion goes rouge).
  • Both also end up embroiled in those respective police forces becoming corrupt (Akira becoming Yoseph Calvert's personal experiment for Project Noah, all the while sacking whistle blowers from Neuron, and Makoto being Sae's sister, who ended up pushed around by the police forces under Shido's thumb, and both Sae and Shido having palaces (a manifestation of a person(s) distorted desires)).
  • Both command another figure not of the normal world to do battle with (Legions and Personas... duh). The Astral Realm and The Metaverse could also be considered 'other worlds' that are visited frequently by both.
  • The bikes... look me in the eye and tell me that Johanna/Agnes vs Neuron bikes doesn't have animation potential.
  • Both games have a case of 'their peaks are wanked far beyond the country of Japan'.
This one's actually rather cool too, never though about it but this is a pretty neat MU...
Since we've had a One-Punch Man match-up for three seasons in a row, how about Fubuki vs Gardevoir
That uhhhhhh doesn't sound super interesting.

Probably Boris vs Battle Beast is the most likely, but we’d probably get Omni Bardock before that
Boros somehow having multiple MUs was genuinely surprising to me. I never expected a character with only like, a few volumes and a few episodes worth of appearances to have multiple MUs.

I've seen Battle Beast from Invincible, Fu from No More Heroes, and Galacta Knight from Kirby all thrown around as possible MUs for him and they're all pretty solid imo

Honestly, in all of his MUs his opponent would be the much more interesting character to witness usually
That's what happens when you only have one ******* fight in the series and only appear for five chapters (Three of which the battle is spent on). All his match-ups, his ******* opponent carries him since he isn't interesting enough to carry the episode by himself

Does anybody have good recommendations for opponents for Ichiban Kasuga and Goro Majima from Yakuza?

I've found good matches for Kiryu Kazuma in Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara! and Takayuki Yagami in Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs, but I've been struggling for these two, as they're the other two protags that I feel are worth a major Vs Battle (Saejima and Akiyama are the only others really worth one imo).

I know Undyne is suggested for Goro Majima but I'm unsure about that one?

Here's some mockup thumbnails I made for the other two MUs btw :)
Kiryu_vs_Shizuo.png

Yagami_vs_Wei_Shen.png

(if anyone has a more dynamic render for Wei I'd love to have it, Yagami has more dynamic poses but Wei doesn't to my knowledge...

Oh, yeah, we're probably getting a Pokémon matchup this season.

Any bets outside of an Arceus matchup or the decently requested Mewtwo vs BlackWarGreymon?
The more popular / sensible matchups

Ash Ketchum vs

Arceus vs

Mewtwo vs

Cinderace vs

Incineroar vs Leomon, Gyarados vs Seadramon, Lusamine vs Ragyō Kiryūin and Hoopa vs Yukari Yakumo (one of more my personal picks) also exist.

Actually a lot more. Just don't know why Pokémon character MUs are underrepresented in Death Battle despite its global massive popularity among the normies and causal ACGN community.

Matchup for Steven Universe
Technically Pearl vs Undyne is the MU that somehow remains as the more notable MUs to be done for SU.
Matchup for Undertale
Don't know what to say:
Frisk vs Ness exists but then Ness vs Raz exists too.
Undyne vs Pearl is the classic one.
Undyne vs Goro Majima is a new concept. (I do not know it is better for Undyne to die to a SU character or a Yakuza character)
Flowey vs Dimentio may be one too

Last edited:
I just realized that Smash Bracket's Bill vs Sephiroth is wrong even by their rules. Sephiroth dosn't actually have the means to kill Bill, and even only using powers Bill has directly shown he has haxes that Sephiroth dosn't resist that could net him the win. Not to mention, Sephiroth dosn't really have a counter to the universe very slowly being destroyed by Bill just passively being there.

Don't know what to say:
Frisk vs Ness exists but then Ness vs Raz exists too.
Undyne vs Pearl is the classic one.
Undyne vs Goro Majima is a new concept. (I do not know it is better for Undyne to die to a SU character or a Yakuza character)
Flowey vs Dimentio may be one too
Frisk/Chara vs Batter is also a possibility, iirc haven't the crew admitted to liking Sans vs Judge?

I prefer Dimentio vs Wilfre from Drawn to Life, but Flowey isn't a bad substitute.

I just realized that Smash Bracket's Bill vs Sephiroth is wrong even by their rules. Sephiroth dosn't actually have the means to kill Bill, and even only using powers Bill has directly shown he has haxes that Sephiroth dosn't resist that could net him the win. Not to mention, Sephiroth dosn't really have a counter to the universe very slowly being destroyed by Bill just passively being there.
They're just... not good at this "research" thing, huh?

lol, lmao, even.

They've got some funky ******* reasoning ngl.

I'm pretty sure Sephiroth, Kirby, and Joker are gonna steamroll the rest of the opponents in Smash Bracket for sure. Depending on what he buys for Bayo and Shulk they could be strong future contenders as well. But based on the stats he gave Seph and how... low everyone else is, and Joker being a really well rounded fighter and probably having the best stats on the show yet, he'll last long. Kirby will probably be the first to fall because of their assinine statements on his durability/speed and the fact that he almost lost to ******* Jigglypuff.

In terms of Super Smackdown, I don't really have any faith in any future episodes, I just at least hope the animations will be fun. Wario vs King Knight has a lot of potential to be super fun, I hope Mokou vs Sol is rad as ****, and I really like Travis vs Starkiller, but I anticipate all of those to have horrible research (Touhou is going to end up being one of THE most butchered verses on the show I guarantee you. Especially after MOON LEVEL ARCHIE SONIC I've lost all hope.).

Man even by there own shitty Research it’s wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back