• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeno_Matchups_Remake_-_Version_0.9.1.png

No fancy titles this time. Just a quick update:

I should frontload this by saying that what XC3 characters have for matchups aren't really... that, so much as concepts of MUs they could have with limited information. Just putting that out there (It's the reason Sena has Heracross under her).

- Noah vs Arceus (Pokemon Gen 4): Tell me you don't picture a setup where, knowing the anecdote about flutes and 'mourning the dead', Noah is playing the Azure Flute, and that's what starts the fight. I'm aware Arceus vs Ameterasu is the hot topic when it comes to God Lama's MUs (and Beerus became a DBC MU for some reason), but if XC3 god tiers stay at 2-A, thank me later.

Mio vs Sheik is basically just 'see above, but with more of a focus on organic themes'. Arceus technically upgraded your Smartphone, after all.

- Lao vs Naesala (FERD/PoR): Basically just an honourable mention for the 'traitor of all' theme. Dagran is still better because I'm more familiar with TLS than Telius (that looks weird to type out, and I refuse to reword it), but it's still worth mentioning.

- Luxaar vs Lyric (Sonic Boom): Irrelevant Wii U-era minor antagonists who are around for one arc, and are never seen again (sealed evil in a can, if you will), who want some way to bring about the end of organic civilisation. They also look like slugs and other green shit.

- Grahf vs Jeritza (FE3H): Masked family members who are obsessed with personal, non-ruling power, and spend all of one line on screen at a time (you know what I mean). Fei has a relation with Grahf in the same way Mercedes has a relation with The Death Knight.

EDIT: Completely forgot about Doug vs Fredrick: Basically 'ol' reliable' assistant characters who are loyal to one or more mains. Not much else to it than that.

Discussion Slate (What should I add next time?):

- Ryoji Mochizuki (Persona 3) - VS chaos/Yeshua (Xenosaga) or Alvis (XC1)? As I mentioned before, I have been playing through Persona 3 FES as of late (as well as having watched two of the movies a few years back), and looking at Synposis for his role, he does sound familiar to Alvis and/or chaos (ironic, given how Xeno fans compare Alvis and chaos, and rightly so). Any ideas where I can put him, if push comes to shove?

- Seteth (FE3H) - VS Sec. Nagi (XCX)? I know Nagi is a bit of an obscure character, but looking at why I kept him vs Yen Sid, the mentality is 'characters who sit in authority, and surprise people when they can actually throw hands'. Does Seteth fit in this category enough, just because his recruitment prospects are tied to post-time skip? Just food for thought.
WAIT
Who's the one fighting Tails and what are the connections between them? Perhaps that Xeno character can be a good opponent for Archie Tails

Akame is Large country, what you are you talking??
Black Star probably scales to Multi-Continent.

So, I wanted to ask, who's Zolomon gonna fight? Clearly no one here likes Homura, team doesn't like Scourge, and Hit seems out of the question and I generally do not vibe with it cause it sounds dumb. So I wanted to ask who you guys think he should fight
I mean we had Wally and Thawne, I'd argue we didn't really need Wally

nobody tbh
Zolomon doesn't really need to be on
with Wally it made sense given Barry was already used and you want to pit the strongest Version of Flash vs the strongest version of Sonic

Zolomon honestly doesn't have any Mu that feels warranted to bring him on so just use other characters

As a defense for Hunter Zolomon to come to Death Battle at all,

1. he is more than a Flash as he has access to the Strength Force, the Still Force, the Sage Force and the Forever Force.
2. he has TV series appearance so he is not a WHO member
(3.+4. is among the fictional characters having sufficient close connections with Homura Akemi that can actually rival Homu in her demoness form)

But yeah we have had
1. the OG Flash
2. the disciple of Flash who surpasses his master
3. a rival of Flash who is a douche

And a gorilla villain is going to fight against the Flash (to likely fight a PPG villain or an Overwatch hero) so people will obviously feel repetitive to have "yet another Flash" to come to Death Battle.

I didn't say you did
I'm just saying it'd be kinda strange to not use Zolomon when we had Wally
True. Especially when we have Barry Allen and Wally West, and just then we have had Eobard Thawne as the rival of Barry Allen, it only makes sense if Hunter Zolomon as a rival of Wally West come in some time.

And we know that one nigh-unrivaled character may contribute in scoring a non-Marvel victory against a DC herald...

(Say Killua compared to Raiden (MGS) / Damian Wayne / Black Star / Akame)
Weird to think that Black Star is now the strongest person on this list.
Black Star probably scales to Multi-Continent.
Is probally from scaling to the earth slice thingy in fire force rigth????
Well Kishin Asura and Awakened Crona and Maka and co upscale from such?
Why you asking to me? i am trying to think of why they should be High 6-A, infact you should ask him not me
Yeah, and seeing as that feat was performed by a new born Excalibur it's not to hard to scale them up to it.
Calculations and CRT? Thanks.

Mothra vs Rayquaza
In a few months Mothra vs Rayquaza is getting Yates track

Wait seriously? Holy shit, this is a match up I actually want!

Mega Butterfree vs Mega Primal Reversion Caterpie
Any connections other than such?
Connections aside this can be interesting.

Wow I actually remember talking to the guy a long time ago, like 2016ish lol. Pretty sure they left to focus on college n shit
Well life matters. Spoken from a working adult who squeezes as much time possible to the versus community.

And his current best (or second best) choice (beside THE Bat) still beats him up at possibly city block level attack potency and relativistic speed.

Goku vs Madoka
psxb0q6n9oh81.png
Why. I mean, Sailor Moon vs Madoka Kaname is making more sense than this.

WAIT
Who's the one fighting Tails and what are the connections between them? Perhaps that Xeno character can be a good opponent for Archie Tails

What are the connections between her and normal Tails?

I have found another DC VS Non-Marvel matchup: Jin (Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom) VS Beast Boy (DC Comics)

The connection is that they can transform themselves into other animals. After watched the ending, I think it depends on how strong Comic Beast Boy is. When Jin defeated the final boss, the dark cloud covering the whole "land" caused by final boss is dispersed in several seconds., so if BB scales to DC street tier, Jin wins this. If BB scales to some planet busters, solar system busters, or even universe busters, BB wins this.

Shinra creating Death, the Fire Firce moon, Arthur creating Excalibur, etc etc.
I guess I have missed that comic for a long time. Or someone is just making a fan theory.

Trailer for truly Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
1. Is Johnathan "Johnny" Lowell Spencer Storm, The Human Torch, played by Maria Rambeau?
2. Just seen Starro (Post-Crisis) - I mean the Gargantos which looked somehow a bit like Shuma-Gorath. Guess it is not a main villain here.
2.1. ... a weird choice to launch Shuma-Gorath at this time, and have we not had Scarlet Witch (likely facing Zatanna) to commemorate this Dr Strange 2 movie? If more X-Men characters are to come, we may commemorate Magneto too.

I guess I have missed that comic for a long time. Or someone is just making a fan theory.

Trailer for truly Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
1. Is Johnathan "Johnny" Lowell Spencer Storm, The Human Torch, played by Maria Rambeau?
2. Just seen Starro (Post-Crisis) - I mean the Gargantos which looked somehow a bit like Shuma-Gorath. Guess it is not a main villain here.
2.1. ... a weird choice to launch Shuma-Gorath at this time, and have we not had Scarlet Witch (likely facing Zatanna) to commemorate this Dr Strange 2 movie? If more X-Men characters are to come, we may commemorate Magneto too.

That's Maria, yeah. Damn, it looks like the MCU finna get a HUGE upgrade come Multiverse of Madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back