• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where you heard said rumors
I expect Thorgeta next season tho
The DB discord. More often than not, the things I’ve heard from the people there turn out to be true. But the main reason I suspect those MUs is because all of them have seen a massive surge in popularity recently. Plus I was told before that Xehanort-Palpatine and Deku-Gon could have happened last year, but got delayed. Since they’ve been floating around for a while I could definitely see them happening soon enough.

The DB discord. More often than not, the things I’ve heard from the people there turn out to be true. But the main reason I suspect those MUs is because all of them have seen a massive surge in popularity recently. Plus I was told before that Xehanort-Palpatine and Deku-Gon could have happened last year, but got delayed. Since they’ve been floating around for a while I could definitely see them happening soon enough.
Never heard while I was there
Must've been in a different server

Iirc Ubisoft fired creator of Rayman.

Now Ubisoft basically ignores Rayman's existence. That alone kinda makes me angry on Ubisoft.
Kinda reminds of a popular head-canon I came up with, that Rayman got married to a Rabbid and then retired. Hence why we didn't get any Rayman games for years and the Rabbids seemingly replaced him.

Well on the one hand he’s in Respawn which has a good track record. On the other hand that company’s owned by EA… hope he doesn’t get screwed over there by those asshats.
Sadly, you can't spell "death" without EA...

Iirc Ubisoft fired creator of Rayman.

Now Ubisoft basically ignores Rayman's existence. That alone kinda makes me angry on Ubisoft.
Actually, wasn't it revealed the Rayman creator wasn't even a good person?

megatron_matchup_tier_list_by_inklingmain_deqve2o-pre.jpg

Sadly, you can't spell "death" without EA...

Actually, wasn't it revealed the Rayman creator wasn't even a good person?
Should one even care about the personal character of a content creator if all it cares is the quality of the content (which is the game)?

Speaking of Torrian, yes he was poached from Rooster Teeth to Respawn Entertainment.
Sad news is: Rooster Teeth used to have its own video game department that just spent more money on game development than received money from the sales.

For some reason i'm not seeing Cole vs Alex this season.
Sure you are not seeing that in Season 8. In fact I just realised the slots are already full.

• Batman vs Iron Man
  • Goku Black vs Reverse Flash (we are here)
  • Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man (hand drawn)
  • Ash Ketchum vs (Yugi Muto or Lucy Heartfilia) (2D but army battle)
  • Dio Brando vs Alucard
  • Korra vs (Rey, Delsin Rowe, Storm)
  • Madara Uchiha vs Sosuke Aizen
  • Akuma vs (Shao Kahn, Raoh, Rugal, Yujiro Hanma, Fire Lord Liu Kang) (possibly 3D)

Sure you are not seeing that in Season 8. In fact I just realised the slots are already full.

• Batman vs Iron Man
  • Goku Black vs Reverse Flash - we are here
  • Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man
  • Ash Ketchum vs (Yugi Muto or Lucy Heartfilia)
  • Dio Brando vs Alucard
  • Akuma vs (Shao Kahn, Raoh, Rugal, Yujiro Hanma, Fire Lord Liu Kang)
How do you know Ash is gonna be in this season? Also it sucks because I remember reading Galactus vs Unicron was going to be the season finale.

How do you know Ash is gonna be in this season? Also it sucks because I remember reading Galactus vs Unicron was going to be the season finale.
While Galactus vs Unicron has been revealed to be the future Death Battle episode, has it been elsewhere confirmed as the Season 8 finale? Or is it just "reasonable" assumptions made by the masses?

(Okay my apologies the Ash Ketchum matchup is also reasonable assumptions made by the masses.)

Anyway yes everyone is hyped for GVU. Everyone wants it be a season finale. Almost everyone wants it be 3D. (Some wants it be hand drawn) And some wants it be aired at around a launch of a MCU movie or Transformers movie.

Not to say a mountain of Japanese anime and movie characters. And from mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea...

Oh and France. IIRC at least two or more franchises are recalled by the crew.
For mainland China verse, Genshin Impact may be able to appear in Death Battle if it and other non-bad games could survive the ongoing video game restriction campaign. For Hong Kong, Hong Kong manhua needs profiles in VS Battles Wiki. For Taiwan, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon needs profiles too.

While Galactus vs Unicron has been revealed to be the future Death Battle episode, has it been elsewhere confirmed as the Season 8 finale? Or is it just "reasonable" assumptions made by the masses?

(Okay my apologies the Ash Ketchum matchup is also reasonable assumptions made by the masses.)
I was told by a lot of people it was that. But those could just be assumptions as well. So ig we at know the last MU is either Galactus vs Unicron or the Ask Ketchum one.

Should one even care about the personal character of a content creator if all it cares is the quality of the content (which is the game)?
Kind of depends on the quality of their actions. Like if they do some really ****** up shit, then I don't even want to support their art most of the time.

It doesn’t have enough characters. But for the ones they do have they stomp all of their popular MUs.

Yes.
Who's left?

Senator Armstrong vs. (Richard Hawk, Funny Valentine, The Boss from Saints Row).
Gray Fox vs. (Snake Eyes or Genji)
Big Boss vs. (Probably Nick Fury, but I'm hoping Altair).
Blade Wolf vs E-102 Gamma
Venom Snake vs. .......IDK, Chris Redfield? Winter Soldier? Charlie from SF?

• Batman vs Iron Man
  • Goku Black vs Reverse Flash (we are here)
  • Macho Man Randy Savage vs Kool-Aid Man (hand drawn)
  • Ash Ketchum vs (Yugi Muto or Lucy Heartfilia) (2D but army battle)
  • Dio Brando vs Alucard
  • Akuma vs (Shao Kahn, Raoh, Rugal, Yujiro Hanma, Fire Lord Liu Kang) (possibly 3D)
Dio Vs Alucard is literally the Halloween MU
Idk why you think we're gonna have Ash vs Lucy or something before that MU

Dio Vs Alucard is literally the Halloween MU
Idk why you think we're gonna have Ash vs Lucy or something before that MU
There are 2 slots for the Halloween matchup, one before the Halloween (151) and one after (152).
But there is only one episode 151 (which has a special meaning for Pokémon).

Blame Rooster Teeth for not pushing the whole season 8 schedule one week earlier.

There are 2 slots for the Halloween matchup, one before the Halloween (151) and one after (152).
But there is only one episode 151 (which has a special meaning for Pokémon).

Blame Rooster Teeth for not pushing the whole season 8 schedule one week earlier.
Uh no we don't
20210814_160435.png

MachoAids is on October 10th
After is on October 24th which is a few days away from Halloween
Which means DioCard is gonna be Halloween

Can someone actually tell me the connections between Noel and Aigis? The only things I've seen from them is "artificial blonde girls who uses guns for fighting"

Kind of depends on the quality of their actions. Like if they do some really ****** up shit, then I don't even want to support their art most of the time.

Who's left?

Senator Armstrong vs. (Richard Hawk, Funny Valentine, The Boss from Saints Row).
Gray Fox vs. (Snake Eyes or Genji)
Big Boss vs. (Probably Nick Fury, but I'm hoping Altair).
Blade Wolf vs E-102 Gamma
Venom Snake vs. .......IDK, Chris Redfield? Winter Soldier? Charlie from SF?
Doesn't Armstrong also have Saxton Hales?

Can someone actually tell me the connections between Noel and Aigis? The only things I've seen from them is "artificial blonde girls who uses guns for fighting"
Blonde haired artificial females who were created by shadowy organization (Sector Seven and the Kirjio Group, respectively) to fight the influence of a dark being (Black Beast and Nyx, respectively), both have accepted their roles than what they had started with (Noel lived most of her life as a human before learning and accepting her true self as a Murakumo Unit and at one point while Aigis started out as a robot who followed orders but later developed human emotions), befriended and formed a close relationship with the main protagonists of their respective series (Ragna and Minato, respectively) and inherited their abilities when they passed away (Noel inherited Ragna's Azure abilities and Aigis inherited the Wild Card from Minato), both found new purposes in life after experiencing a life-changing event (Noel deciding to live for her friends and Aigis wanting to continue her relationships with her friends). In addition, they both wield firearms and have access to a super mode that increases their powers (Mu-12 and Orgia Mode, respectively), both sealed their world's incarnation of "Death" in their stories (Noel sealed Hades Izanami inside herself as the latter was The Origin's Drive while the former is the recreation of The Origin whereas Aigis sealed the 13th Arcana known as Death inside Minato Arisato when he was a young boy). They are also members of a team, with Noel being a member of Team Remix Heart while Aigis was a member of SEES and later on the Shadow Operatives.

Got this from the Death Battle Wiki

@Nero415 Ok there's some incorrect info on that. Sector Seven never made Noel, the NOL did, or more specifically Terumi did. She wasn't made to fight the Black Beast, she was made to find Amaterasu. She never inherited Ragna's abilities when he died, she had a far superior version of his powers way before he died.

Honestly I... don't personally see how this is more thematic than Luke vs Noel.

*Both are clones of an original person who's literally the god of their stories.
*Both are innate with the supernatural power only their gods are capable of wielding.
*Both are from a race of people that's been ostracized by the rest of humanity for them being different when all they want to do is live among them.
*Both are physically adults while only being born for a few years.
*Both are basically cut off from the outside world to the point they're unsure on how to do things IRL.
**Noel being socially awkward as hell, and Luke being unable to understand how money works.
*Both have visions of their true selves before their eventual identity crisis came to fruition when they had no idea who they are.
*Both are used by the villains for their own personal gain and was betrayed by someone close to them.
*Both essentially causing a catastrophe that lead them to being scorned among their close friends.
*Both end up having an existential crisis on their own willingness to live as their deaths would mean the "world is saved" in their stories.
*Both have their original counterparts despise them to their very core.
*Both also end up fusing with their original selves to the point they become the original version of said person, essentially losing their fake side altogether.
*on top of both being in stories about fighting back their predetermined fate as they want to change a greater power that's been ruling both of their worlds and end up succeeding by making their worlds free from the control of their gods, even if it meant losing a loved one in the process.

Sure, I can just slap Guilty Gear cross scaling into Tales and Luke would be Low 1-C by default.

Things don’t need to be deeper than surface level all the time. Heck, the heavily anticipated Diocard’s theme is just “******** anime vampire”
Ok, but considering how a lot of people wanna see Noel vs Aigis of all matches I seriously wanna know what connections do they have to warrant this level of request. If the connections are a lot then I can see it, but I don't really it here.

Things don’t need to be deeper than surface level all the time. Heck, the heavily anticipated Diocard’s theme is just “******** anime vampire”
Exactly
Ok, but considering how a lot of people wanna see Noel vs Aigis of all matches I seriously wanna know what connections do they have to warrant this level of request. If the connections are a lot then I can see it, but I don't really it here.
It's there tho just not all deep but it ain't non existent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back