• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine that being the case but I'm confident RT said no, shocked they didn't try to make Weiss outright win tbh
They couldn't folks eyes were all on this MU to see whether DB were gonna try to cook a W for Weiss but no matter what route you play Mitsuru was gonna stomp her ass low-ball or highball
Folks damn well remember how Tifa vs Yang went down and sure as shit DB fans would be livid to see that shit happened again

Mega Man vs Astro Boy.

Instead of immediately going for the Double Mega Buster, Rock fires multiple Spark Chaser shots after unmerging from Rush. As Astro dodges around them, he then destroys all three of them with laser blasts and laughs, before Rock whistles, summoning Rush to ram into Astro in Rush Jet Form and rocketing Astro towards him, and Rock utilizes Gravity Hold to slam Astro into the ground. Then he charges the Double Mega Buster and fires downward, resulting in a massive explosion like the original episode. Rock then lands, heavily damaged, but alive (Probably more visibly damaged than he was in the actual ending even if he didn't take as much damage).

The conclusion also ends in Rock taking Astro's parts to Doctor Light, since that's the most realistic ending for this fight. Yeah, it's not necessarily funny, but the original conclusion really wasn't either so we might as well have a nice in-character moment of respect.

Hey listen Bobobo is funny as hell
but really ask yourself who the **** want popeye to fight him in comparison to saitama
But were anyone really asking for Popeye vs Saitama either, like Krillen is more requested match, it was some tertiary fight they picked because the more mainstream fights are stupid. I've atleast seen poeple discuss Bobobo and Popeye before, I get why they picked the fight and all just I'm not a big fan of it. Maybe someday we can get both back for better matches, idk.

For those curious, I calced the lowest reasonable low end for Archie Sonic's Cosmic Interstate feat, which is what the Smash Bracket community seems to be currently considering for his movement speed.

A little over 200 Trillion times the speed of light.

Paper Mario, meanwhile, is only a lightning timer.
Pretty sure there's better feats and arguments for PM but this site would never acknowledge them.

yes
by alot
it was one of Saitama most Popular MU
No really, if you google/duck duck go it there are a ton of other matches that pop up before fan made requests for Popeye vs Saitama; Goku, Superman, Hulk, Krillin, Jiren, Homelander, Kenshero, Hit, Squirrel Girl, Invincible, Sans to name a few,
it was even CDB
So was Neo VS Wesker, that's not a test for quality or discussion.
Also Axe Cop Vs Saitama and Krillin Vs Saitama were both fights done there at some point too.

Oh well Tanjiro is def losing the episode cause DB fully buys MFTL JoJo's and has them at around similar AP so speed blitz and hax is a clear win for Jonathan. Just saying we should probably expect that.

And also expect Vegeta to die but it seems most people already are

Also
unknown.png
The ending we got was definitely more in line with a Popeye short, the one this guy's proposing would've been pretty underwhelming.

No really, if you google/duck duck go it there are a ton of other matches that pop up before fan made requests for Popeye vs Saitama; Goku, Superman, Hulk, Krillin, Jiren, Homelander, Kenshero, Hit, Squirrel Girl, Invincible, Sans to name a few,
Ben: "Absolutely. I would love to do a Popeye episode. I've seen Popeye vs Saitama suggested several times.
yeah once again Popeye was one of Saitama most popular requested MU
So was Neo VS Wesker, that's not a test for quality or discussion.
Also Axe Cop Vs Saitama and Krillin Vs Saitama were both fights done there at some point too.
no but it adds more to the point given it actually became a DB

Also does Tanjiro bear Johnathan here? Swear people on the Discord said Tanjiro loses.

Also Vegetables prolly dying.
By our standard Tanjiro kicks Jonathan's ass but how death battle treats the character is completely different. It kinda depends how they treat Dio's notLasers, like in Alucard vs Dio they put them at like city buster, whether they scale this to Jonathan is kinda up in the air. When it did hit Jonathan it pieced right through him though aside from that it didn't cause to much damage, but to add greater confusion the whole feat had Dio's notLaser make a wide sweeping motion which causes some possible muddyness since Jonathan only took damage from the initially which could mean Jonathan was able to tank all of the laser after it hit him, which could put him above city level (?). It's a stupid anime only feat anyway but DB uses that shit so IDK, if they bring it up in his preview or not will change how predict the outcome.

Genuine question from someone who barely knows anything about Jojo: Wouldn't Jonathan scale to part 3 Dio's physical stats considering that's technically his body?
No. Not at all. Most of that strength is coming from dios vampire strength. Look at it this way, if I rip your head off and throw it with enough force to destroy a city, does that make your physical strength city level. No

Ben: "Absolutely. I would love to do a Popeye episode. I've seen Popeye vs Saitama suggested several times.
yeah once again Popeye was one of Saitama most popular requested MU
Back when OPM was popular every character under the sun was requested, it being suggested several time means jack shit when Saitama used to get requested against everyone.

Back when OPM was popular every character under the sun was requested, it being suggested several time means jack shit when Saitama used to get requested against everyone.
Popeye is also like... a super iconic cartoon character, so...

Btw, still waiting for them to diversify the cast a bit, it's been US and Japan the whole series. Using Popeye was a good opportunity to bring in an equally iconic character from France, in Astérix. It'd be a stomp for sure but it's east vs east, west vs west and east vs west all the time and it gets a little boring, imo. At least Astérix and Popeye have been compared and matched for decades now, it's a more legendary comparison than Superman VS Goku in most places.

Pretty sure there's better feats and arguments for PM but this site would never acknowledge them.
@The_Smashor was talking about Smash Bracket a Vs show that's similar to Rewind Rumble in the sense they have great animation but gross research (Tl;dr They don't scale at all, have a factually wrong interpretation of an outlier and resort to game mechanics to nerf videogame characters).

Because of their terrible research and awful ruleset Mario lost to Megaman and Sonic lost to Fox on their show.

I would just ignore them and hope the misinformation doesn't spread in the Vs community (As a videogame character PM inherently gets cucked more than Archie Sonic thanks to the ruleset).

Also like any good Vs community they've apparently mocked our ratings for various videogame characters for being "wank".

Popeye is also like... a super iconic cartoon character, so...

Btw, still waiting for them to diversify the cast a bit, it's been US and Japan the whole series. Using Popeye was a good opportunity to bring in an equally iconic character from France, in Astérix. It'd be a stomp for sure but it's east vs east, west vs west and east vs west all the time and it gets a little boring, imo. At least Astérix and Popeye have been compared and matched for decades now, it's a more legendary comparison than Superman VS Goku in most places.
Yes but once again not many In the states are aware of Asterisk in comparison to Popeye who's a household icon who practically created and led to every iconic figures to this day
It does when Ben actually looks at what MU are being sent to him and the crew and how requested it is In comparison

Yes but once again not many In the states are aware of Asterisk in comparison to Popeye who's a household icon who practically created and led to every iconic figures to this day
Astérix

And yeah that's definitely an issue in my opinion, they're eventually going to run out of popular characters from media originating in US or Japan, it'd spice things up to diversify things. Like, El Chapulín Colorado is a fairly iconic character in the Hispanic and Latin American hemisphere (pretty sure he's well known by people in the US as well, at least some) and was recently added to Fortnite, that's another character they should bring in one day.

Astérix

And yeah that's definitely an issue in my opinion, they're eventually going to run out of popular characters from media originating in US or Japan, it'd spice things up to diversify things. Like, El Chapulín Colorado is a fairly iconic character in the Hispanic and Latin American hemisphere (pretty sure he's well known by people in the US as well, at least some) and was recently added to Fortnite, that's another character they should bring in one day.
well i dont disagree but the issues how well can them characters can draw in the views
how well can you introduce them

What matters the most is how the crew feel about a fight, Popeye vs Saitama got picked because the crew liked it not because it was inherantly popular, Korra vs Storm should show this.
it was bruh and difference is it was a MU that was still popular unlike Korra vs storm that got overtaken by Korra other MU plus Ben actually being the one that wanted it and had it planned for year but could never do it before

Astérix Vs Popeye would have been based ngl.
Unsure what 'based' means in this context

well i dont disagree but the issues how well can them characters can draw in the views
how well can you introduce them
They can be introduced well if they bring up how iconic and influential they are, not every character we've had has been über popular and I think at this point they have enough viewers to take such a risk with less conventional non-US/Japan characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back