• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Question. why didn't they bring up saitama's NPI in the episode itself? they brought it up when they showed saitama's own video but not in the death battle episode itself

also

Man i like the match but i felt it was a little short. anyway i liked how it started as a regular animation, then an 8 bit animation, then ink drawn, and then the planet one.

Yeah, good stuff but not 10/10.

"Saitama was one of the strongest characters we've seen in Death Battle-"
NO
Bad DB. Stop lying. You had King Mickey far higher than him. Stop saying lies.

Also stop putting "OP powers" line for losers. You did it for Alucard and Aizen. Its predictable that they would lose if they try to oversell vague stuff and then "golden tree lift" it later.
By the sheer quantity of matches they've done, that might actually be true.

I just finish to watch Saitama VS Popeye, and i have to say that it had go far beyond my expectations.

While i still do think that both Saitama and Popeye had better opponents, the fight itself and soundtrack was great if not amazing.

I dare to say but this its definitely one of the best episodes of the season.

Last edited:

Question. why didn't they bring up saitama's NPI in the episode itself? they brought it up when they showed saitama's own video but not in the death battle episode itself

also

Man i like the match but i felt it was a little short. anyway i liked how it started as a regular animation, then an 8 bit animation, then ink drawn, and then the planet one.

can someone answer my question

Well, Season 8 is over, and i say it was generally very good with very few stinkers (Blake vs Mikasa was the only one that was downright awful for me), and nothing too controversial (like Goku vs Superman or Green Lantern vs Ben 10). I will make a tier list as soon as i get a template with all battles. What do you others wish for Season 9?

Also yeah, Saitama was nowhere near being "One of the strongest characters" DB ever had, they put plenty of characters not including Popeye way higher lol
Gotta soften the blow for the OPM fans yet they didn't take such empty courtesy for Hellsing fans. It's pretty obvious even with the removal of the dislikes that DB wanted to alleviate the backlash as much as possible.

Last edited:
Eh I don't agree
This was both best MU
No other ones comes close
Arale Norimaki would have fit better as Popeye's opponent in my opinion, gag characters where their narrative's series to revolve around them be so OP.

And It would had be much more fair, as both have display Toon Force on similar levels, same when in come to their physical stats.

Last edited:
What do you others wish for Season 9?
I hope that they don't oversaturate the entire season with top many Marvel/DC MU and instead try to balance between entertainment mediums.

I also want them to introduce more franchises, even the ones that may be more obscure to their USA audience (like Fate or Saint Seiya).

Last edited:
There is like 10+ verses they consider higher than OPM, which many have multiple characters being top.

I guess maybe a Top 40 might count but ehh

Also yeah, Saitama vs Popeye was best. Saitama somewhat gag nature made Goku & Supes way worse, even Krillin, and Popeye's punch happy style was better than say Squirrel Girl. Maybe Arale would have worked.

There is like 10+ verses they consider higher than OPM, which many have multiple characters being top.

I guess maybe a Top 40 might count but ehh

Also yeah, Saitama vs Popeye was best. Saitama somewhat gag nature made Goku & Supes way worse, even Krillin, and Popeye's punch happy style was better than say Squirrel Girl. Maybe Arale would have worked.
Tbf Goku could work since he veers into the gag area (especially as a kid), but he was definitely not ideal.

What do you others wish for Season 9?
  • Even though it probably won't happen, Shinji Ikari vs. Tetsuo Shima
  • Also unlikely but still want: Death the Kid vs. Satsuki Kiryuin
  • Alex vs. Cole
  • Erza's return against Saber
  • Introduction to Skullgirls
  • Introduction to Kamen Rider
  • Simon vs. Kyle
  • More Cartoons
  • A Live Action Matchup
  • More Obscure franchises
  • Popular Marvel vs. DC matches

Also, I deadass thought that Scarlet Witch was Zamasu in the trailer.

unknown.png
450.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back