• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post the list without needing Google login lol
Top row: Fire Emblem in general, Thor vs Vegeta, John vs Raidou, Gru vs Megamind, Hunter X Hunter in general
Top-middle row: Meta Knight vs Zero, Jimmy vs Dexter, Magneto in general, Lui Kang vs Jago, Scarecrow vs Mysterio
Middle row: Catwoman vs Black Cat, Asura in general, Free Space, Arceus in general, Shulk vs Lightning
Bottom-middle row: Frieza vs Megatron, Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna, Spider-Man in general, Cole vs Alex, Black Adam vs Apocalypse
Bottom row: Guilty Gear in general, Joker vs Giorno, Mac vs Ippo, Ant-Man vs Atom, Metroid in general

Just a curious question, have we ever had a death where the character was portrayed pathetically?

I don't mean like the death was lame, or they were beaten easily, I mean more like where the character did something like beg or plead or something else that makes them look bad? I don't THINK it's happened, thankfully, but it's suddenly bugging me.

Gonna be honest, I think a transmutation punch ending is lame. Having Saitama die happy after finally finding a worthy fight isn't something you can't really do if he's whatever random food the animators decide to turn him into.

The issue then is how they work the transmutation into the fight since if it lands, Saitama dies instantly.
They could do one of two things

Either A. Just have him survive it inexplainably since Bluto survives it, if he gets turned into a sausage he just punches out of it. Probably seems weird but it'd be funny in animation.

or

B. Popeye uses transmutation, but it's only on things he punches at Saitama/things he punches that Saitama threw at him.

Just a curious question, have we ever had a death where the character was portrayed pathetically?

I don't mean like the death was lame, or they were beaten easily, I mean more like where the character did something like beg or plead or something else that makes them look bad? I don't THINK it's happened, thankfully, but it's suddenly bugging me.
Sonic giving up in MvS2 and psycho Mario from that too.

Maybe not much pleading, but theres a bunch bad characterization.

Also I really don’t like Cirno vs Jack Frost. I like Cirno vs Kula Diamond better
I think Cirno v Jack Frost is really fun, personally. Especially since with the right stats and such you can actually make it an incon. The idea of two childish, arrogant asshats constantly bashing their heads against one another until they both realize they can't kill the other due to their nature and just give up is kinda funny to me.

Only thing I can really think of is like, Sabrewulf trying to escape Talbain from gutting him.

Sonic giving up in MvS2 and psycho Mario from that too.

Maybe not much pleading, but theres a bunch bad characterization.
Not really what I meant, I can complain about characters missing the mark all day.

But in that case, Sonic fought till the end still, he died while attacking Mario. I mean a death where the losing character grovels and looks bad for it.

Could we finally see Touhou in Death Battle this season?
If it happens it'll definitely be next season. Considering the interest is there, I think it has a decent chance.

Personally I think they'll feed Yusuke to Reimu before tackling the much more controversial Hit vs Sakuya; one is universally agreed upon as a stomp, and the other could lead to some very bad reactions if done poorly.

If we do, it'll either be Reimu or Sakuya
Sakuya vs Hit seems more and more likely as time goes on, one of the researchers liked the MU iirc and I've been told they buy Universal Touhou apparently, so it's likely gonna end up being a Touhou win too, so bonus points there.

Reimu, Cirno, and Yukari are the only other Touhou characters I could see them use otherwise, a VERY big maybe to Marisa I guess.

Not really what I meant, I can complain about characters missing the mark all day.

But in that case, Sonic fought till the end still, he died while attacking Mario. I mean a death where the losing character grovels and looks bad for it.
Yeah, that way.

Hmm Thanos vs Darkseid I guess? Tho he attacked too it was way too late.

I think Cirno v Jack Frost is really fun, personally. Especially since with the right stats and such you can actually make it an incon. The idea of two childish, arrogant asshats constantly bashing their heads against one another until they both realize they can't kill the other due to their nature and just give up is kinda funny to me.
I like that interpretation better than what I’ve seen thrown around

If it happens it'll definitely be next season. Considering the interest is there, I think it has a decent chance.

Personally I think they'll feed Yusuke to Reimu before tackling the much more controversial Hit vs Sakuya; one is universally agreed upon as a stomp, and the other could lead to some very bad reactions if done poorly.
Imagine if they have Reimu Fortune Teller’d Yusuke.

Top row: Fire Emblem in general, Thor vs Vegeta, John vs Raidou, Gru vs Megamind, Hunter X Hunter in general
Top-middle row: Meta Knight vs Zero, Jimmy vs Dexter, Magneto in general, Lui Kang vs Jago, Scarecrow vs Mysterio
Middle row: Catwoman vs Black Cat, Asura in general, Free Space, Arceus in general, Shulk vs Lightning
Bottom-middle row: Frieza vs Megatron, Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna, Spider-Man in general, Cole vs Alex, Black Adam vs Apocalypse
Bottom row: Guilty Gear in general, Joker vs Giorno, Mac vs Ippo, Ant-Man vs Atom, Metroid in general
  • FE feels inevitable, but I really dunno which fight.
  • I might give a gut call that no Thor vs Vegeta yet. Gut feeling.
  • John vs Raidou might happen with the recent weirdness S9 will apparently have.
  • Gru vs MM did win Reddit popularity, and Steven vs Star was a cast fight in late 2020.
  • HxH sure, dunno what fight tho.
  • MK vs Zero probably is too popular to ignore, feels possible.
  • Jimmy vs Dexter, honestly no. Gut feeling that one wont be a fight next season, some other cartoon will get instead.
  • Magneto vs Tetsuo seems plausible.
  • Liu Kang vs Jago I would like to think yes, but how many other fighting game MUs are there?
  • CW vs BC might escape on it being too generic.
  • Asura was supposed to be in S6, but Im not feeling good he'll get a good MU.
  • Arceus, maybe but probably not Amaterasu.
  • Shulk vs Lightning seems plausible.
  • Frieza vs Megatron maybe, its lost steam a bit.
  • SW vs Zatanna, probably.
  • I had a gut feeling maybe Spidey vs Ladybug. That seems weird enough.
  • Cole vs Alex I wanna say yes.
  • Adam vs Apocalypse, maybe if they want to wait DBXs not to be made real too fast.
  • Prolly not Guilty Gear.
  • Joker vs Giorno, I wanna say yeah, but maybe Adachi vs Kira happens.
  • Mac vs Ippo has lost steam, dunno.
  • Ant vs Atom prolly.
  • No Metroid, unless they really do Cell vs Dark Samus.

I like that interpretation better than what I’ve seen thrown around
Yeah I've got no idea what's generally thrown around with the MU. I brainstormed my own ideas when I first found out about it and generally enjoyed it.

Jack Frost's connected to a Collective Consciousness that Cirno can't affect so he can't be killed by her, meanwhile Cirno exists so long as the concept of Ice/Cold exists so JF likely couldn't put her down for good either (if you use her stats on VSBW she's also insurmountably faster, so him killing her permanently would be even rougher)

In my head it always played out with them just throwing their best back and forth, killing the other over and over until they finally tire of it and just decide to go get ice cream or something, but just have the fight be played with a bit more of a comedic edge than anything else.

It'd be the first incon since, what, Deadpool vs Pinky Pie? And I think that in of itself is a fun idea. Plus the fight itself could be really fun if done properly. It could be very easy to **** up though.

• FE feels inevitable, but I really dunno which fight.
  • I might give a gut call that no Thor vs Vegeta yet. Gut feeling.
  • John vs Raidou might happen with the recent weirdness S9 will apparently have.
  • Gru vs MM did win Reddit popularity, and Steven vs Star was a cast fight in late 2020.
  • HxH sure, dunno what fight tho.
  • MK vs Zero probably is too popular to ignore, feels possible.
  • Jimmy vs Dexter, honestly no. Gut feeling that one wont be a fight next season, some other cartoon will get instead.
  • Magneto vs Tetsuo seems plausible.
  • Liu Kang vs Jago I would like to think yes, but how many other fighting game MUs are there?
  • CW vs BC might escape on it being too generic.
  • Asura was supposed to be in S6, but Im not feeling good he'll get a good MU.
  • Arceus, maybe but probably not Amaterasu.
  • Shulk vs Lightning seems plausible.
  • Frieza vs Megatron maybe, its lost steam a bit.
  • SW vs Zatanna, probably.
  • I had a gut feeling maybe Spidey vs Ladybug. That seems weird enough.
  • Cole vs Alex I wanna say yes.
  • Adam vs Apocalypse, maybe if they want to wait DBXs not to be made real too fast.
  • Prolly not Guilty Gear.
  • Joker vs Giorno, I wanna say yeah, but maybe Adachi vs Kira happens.
  • Mac vs Ippo has lost steam, dunno.
  • Ant vs Atom prolly.
  • No Metroid, unless they really do Cell vs Dark Samus.
I'd be genuinely surprised if they bring in John vs Raidou before Simon vs Kyle. I think they'd have to get into higher dimensional scaling for both, and Simon v Kyle seems like that'd be the best one to introduce that, plus its a little more popular in the Vs scene as well. If we get Simon v Kyle, John v Raidou is definitely happening though.

MU wise next season, I really expect:

Omni-Man vs Bardock feels like a shoe-in, I don't see them not doing it.
Cole vs Alex feels very certain next season as well.
Meta Knight vs Zero is likely, I'm sure they're planning to use MK soon since they've pulled Kirby & Dedede, & Zero is his biggest MU and he's been a while
Girno vs Joker is definitely a lock, they'll definitely wanna capitalize on the popularity of both, esp after DioCard's success
Thor vs Vegeta seems really likely imo
Eggman coming back against either Bowser or Wily is very likely imo
Dante vs Kratos could be the big fight that signifies the halfway point of the season, very legacy, popular, and a lot you could do with it

The only thing I ask is that we don't get Silver vs Trunks lol

Sakuya vs Hit seems more and more likely as time goes on, one of the researchers liked the MU iirc and I've been told they buy Universal Touhou apparently, so it's likely gonna end up being a Touhou win too, so bonus points there.

Reimu, Cirno, and Yukari are the only other Touhou characters I could see them use otherwise, a VERY big maybe to Marisa I guess.
Unless they give Sakuya the speed advantage too, its unlikely. And I get the feeling they ain't buying infinite/immeasurable Touhou for multiple reasons. Not least of which the fact this site just got roasted by them in their latest cast, lol.

I say Guilty Gear has a fair shot given strive gave rise to the game popularity
GG feels like it became popular bit too late, but maybe it managed to get popular just in time?
I'd be genuinely surprised if they bring in John vs Raidou before Simon vs Kyle. I think they'd have to get into higher dimensional scaling for both, and Simon v Kyle seems like that'd be the best one to introduce that, plus its a little more popular in the Vs scene as well. If we get Simon v Kyle, John v Raidou is definitely happening though.
John vs Raidou has even more weirdness feel to it. This bingo also didnt have Simon vs Kyle, so I wasnt comparing to that.

Unless they give Sakuya the speed advantage too, its unlikely. And I get the feeling they ain't buying infinite/immeasurable Touhou for multiple reasons. Not least of which the fact this site just got roasted by them in their latest cast, lol.
I definitely dont see them buying Immeasurable, and Infinite's a bit of a far cry too. DB's a little weird with speed because they've never so much as mentioned the word "Immeasurable", not even with Archie Sonic, Wally, or Reverse Flash, its weird.

Again, I think it depends on if they give Sakuya the speed advantage. They both have OHK copes so it'll probably come down to whoever they think could get theirs off first.

Well, DB has been a bit more lenient with some stats compared to us as of late (comics being a good example, but also stuff like light speed Orochimaru and city level Dio), so if they're aware of the existence of infinite speed feats for Touhou then they're more likely to buy them than this site. Considering we actually have infinite speed Touhou here now, I wouldn't say DB using it is out of the question.

I think the main complain about this site was circular scaling (X is city level because they scale to Y, and Y is city level because they scale to X), which is a valid complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back