• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if?
IMG_1887.jpg
They got Spooder-Man at 8-A and SoL, while Batman, with his armor btw, is 8-B and MHS, and their justification for speed that is pretty... bad. We'd be lucky if they even scale Joker to Batman like that.

Willem Dafoe stomps. I also think it's pretty known that most of the time on DB Marvel Street tiers > DC Street tiers and DC "Heralds" > Marvel Heralds.

Dante
Bayonetta
Danny Phantom
Ben 10
Ramona Flowers
Star Butterfly

Rather short list of characters whos creators that have acknowledged their Death Battle episode throughout the show history and half of them were not positive lol
I know about Dante, Bayonetta, DP and Star Butterfly. But when did the creators of Scott Pilgrim and Ben 10 acknowledge their respective MU's?

If I remember correctly, it was Kuro the Artist that acknowledged the Ben 10, not Man of Action

I know about Dante, Bayonetta, DP and Star Butterfly. But when did the creators of Scott Pilgrim and Ben 10 acknowledge their respective MU's?

If I remember correctly, it was Kuro the Artist that acknowledged the Ben 10, not Man of Action
IIRC, the creator of Scott Pilgrim simply expressed confusion. "Why!?" on twitter when Amy vs Ramona was announced. and yeah, that's a strange MU indeed.

I need to double check Ben 10, but I do recall a tweet where somebody in the show confirmed he saw the episode and was a bit upset about it. Though, again, I could just be mixing things up.

and yeah Kamiya said Bayonetta vs Dante was "garbage". Though, as some has pointed out, he probably said it because he kept getting annoyed by people asking for his opinion on the episode.

What if he's only racist towards asian peole?
AFAIK it is more like the whole Popeye show has lots of racial stereotypes. Just like Tintin.

So much even Wiz and Boomstick censored themselves and just halted the thing from showing up, like when Popeye is about to turn native Americans into nickels and the Indian Gandhi.

Wasn't he adopted by a Black Guy though?
He can be adopted by a dark-skinned father and still be racist.

I am honestly disturbed: if Saitama vs Popeye has to be truthful to their origins, either Popeye turns Saitama into a literal nantaimori (which will be super disrespectful) or Saitama kills Popeye the Boros treatment (which is disrespectful against their powers and abilities)... or the whole fight will be in a style not truthful to their origins at all. The audience lose any one of the way.

Wym he was white, it's all the illness that Michael Jackson had but backwards.
I know, but despite being genetically white with a black pigment condition, as well as being raised by two black people, he still ended up racist. You can be racist to blacks even if you were raised by blacks. That’s the point Jasonsith was trying to make.

I know, but despite being genetically white with a black pigment condition, as well as being raised by two black people, he still ended up racist. You can be racist to blacks even if you were raised by blacks. That’s the point Jasonsith was trying to make.
I think he was being sarcastic.

Also Uncle Ruckus turned out to be 102% African, with a 2% margin of error.

I believe that condition is called Vitiligo (or something like that) and yeah a common misconception about racism is that the "fact" you can't be racist to your own race or you can't be racist if you were raised by an ethically diverse family.

Anyway that's quite literally in the past when the Popeye cartoons/comics were made when social norms at the time were different from the social norms today.

Also I like how we've unanimously agreed "Toon force GG" and we're just discussing how the good animation as well as characterisation will be.

I believe that condition is called Vitiligo (or something like that) and yeah a common misconception about racism is that the "fact" you can't be racist to your own race or you can't be racist if you were raised by an ethically diverse family.

Anyway that's quite literally in the past when the Popeye cartoons/comics were made when social norms at the time were different from the social norms today.

Also I like how we've unanimously agreed "Toon force GG" and we're just discussing how the good animation as well as characterisation will be.
This is what I am starting to be afraid of:
It will be super disrespectful against Saitama if we want the fight to be even close to a Popeye animation. Highly likely Saitama will die to a transmutation hax and gets turned into some weird nantaimori.

Now I look back to it:
This can be philosophically interesting to talk about. (Just maybe not as an animated fight.)

If Neo is a real life person who has reality warping powers in "The Matrix", he can still be killed or not if his real life body is killed? All shall be revealed in The Matrix Resurrections - to have its world premiere in Toronto on December 16, 2021, and be released by Warner Bros. Pictures theatrically on December 22.

This can be a promotion for Neo (The Matrix) vs Kirito (Post-Aincard) as S9 premiere. To intercept Arceus vs Amaterasu (Ōkami) or Spider-Men battle royale or a Spider Man villain show up.

This is what I am starting to be afraid of:
It will be super disrespectful against Saitama if we want the fight to be even close to a Popeye animation. Highly likely Saitama will die to a transmutation hax and gets turned into some weird nantaimori.

Now I look back to it:
This can be philosophically interesting to talk about. (Just maybe not as an animated fight.)

If Neo is a real life person who has reality warping powers in "The Matrix", he can still be killed or not if his real life body is killed? All shall be revealed in The Matrix Resurrections - to have its world premiere in Toronto on December 16, 2021, and be released by Warner Bros. Pictures theatrically on December 22.

This can be a promotion for Neo (The Matrix) vs Kirito (Post-Aincard) as S9 premiere. To intercept Arceus vs Amaterasu (Ōkami) or Spider-Men battle royale or a Spider Man villain show up.
I mean more modern Popeye cartoons and movies and comics aren't racist, and Popeye has even made comics about various forms of civil rights activism, so I feel they'll more lean onto that persona rather than strictly just the cartoons from the 40s, it'd be like Characterizing batman solely from his original debut where he used guns and hung a man from his plane punisher style

Even then, Bucky was because they were aware of him. Just last year they said they never read Saint Seiya.

It'll be 1-2 years for next year tho. So maybe they had time to read.

Gonna be honest, I think a transmutation punch ending is lame. Having Saitama die happy after finally finding a worthy fight isn't something you can't really do if he's whatever random food the animators decide to turn him into.

The issue then is how they work the transmutation into the fight since if it lands, Saitama dies instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back