• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Despite how absurd Popeye is, his most impressive feats rely on his spinach, and Saitama’s greater speed would assure he’d never get the chance to eat it. Even if he did, Saitama could easily avoid him until the effect wears off.”
This is the cursed ending
Speaking of the spinach, wouldn't it be absolutely kino if Saitama ate some of Popeye's spinach as well and they had a zany cartoony battle?

It happened with Olive Oyl

Fight that will shake Mexico to it very core
0112fcb2e8bf1ea6f082baa8bdf3ef58.png
I wonder where we could check how DB does in certain countries like Mexico and such on YouTube I know there's several DB fights in Spanish
Long story short Goku vs Seiya shakes everywhere except the US of A.
(Oh yeah it is big in Asia - Japan, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, mainland China... again, anywhere but the US)

That makes me think, what would be some matches that the states wouldn't give a shit about but other countries would?
Monika vs Miyuki Sone - compared to Monika vs GIFfany or Yuno Gasai or White Face

Speaking of the spinach, wouldn't it be absolutely kino if Saitama ate some of Popeye's spinach as well and they had a zany cartoony battle?

It happened with Olive Oyl
The spinach enhancements worked on a mouse and yes it likely should work on Saitama.

Just... Saitama would need to learn it first. Spinach enhancements are not a thing outside a Popeye verse.

And... unlikely Death Battle would let Saitama have the same enhancements.

What about Deadpool vs Mask? It's more of a goofy episode but I just re-watched it and I feel it holds up pretty well.
It was fine but like it mainly benefited from just being treated as a joke and both being able to **** with the 4th wall
Saitama vs Popeye as a finale needs to feel more than just a joke it's needs to nice balance of humor and seriousness

I thought that was a temporary power he gained from the Bannerman serum and he lost it within the same arc. He can still add other's strengths to his own, depowering them. But he doesn't kill people while doing it like Rogue does.
Yeah, that probably qualifies.
Ah yes that's right I forgot he apparently lost the abilities of the Bannerman formula

This is a MASSIVE stomp in Gobby's favour, but it'd also be a crazy fun fight imo, just them throwing all their insane gadgets at each other while laughing maniacally at the destruction and mayhem, plus it'd be a cool way of doing another Spiderman Vs Batman match without being a Spiderman vs Batman match

Edit: Also just remembered Green Goblin has his Razor Bats, which are basically off-brand batarangs, that HAS to be a joke at somepoint in the fight.

Last edited:
SPECIAL GUEST ANIMATOR? HAND-DRAWN PLEASE!!

The animator is whoever did the CFC episode, and it's the exact same animation
Imagine if it was Alex from AnimationRewind. Speaking of AR, I think it's pretty sad that Alex's own animation skills haven't improved past early Season 2 DB quality fights and he's been an animator for 10+ years according to his YT channel. He really just coasted off the GvS2 controversy and hasn't improved since. It's a shame too, outside of his meme fights his research could've legitimately surpassed DB at the time.

Saitama vs Popeye Case of Hand Drawn vs 3D

3D:
Pro's
  1. Action could be good and benefit more
  2. choreography could be fun done right
Cons
  1. Capturing Popeye Toonesque Nature in 3D would be difficult to capture
  2. Trying to make a Custom Model of Popeye to clash well with Saitama would be a challenge
Hand Drawn

Pro's
  1. Could capture the humor of both well
  2. Can Capture Popeye Toon Like nature and his abilities
  3. If the Guess Animator is an experience veteran who who can mess both OPM and Popeye styles well then things could be good
Cons
  1. DB HD Style doesn't really suit either
  2. DB HD fights is overall a mixed bag
  3. The Action and Choreography could be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back