• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was to upload the Season 9 prediction blog incomplete (as a WIP), would anyone be willing to plug the gaps in my knowledge on characters/matchups before I call it finished? Or provide pushback on certain rankings you might disagree with?

If I was to upload the Season 9 prediction blog incomplete (as a WIP), would anyone be willing to plug the gaps in my knowledge on characters/matchups before I call it finished? Or provide pushback on certain rankings you might disagree with?
Lizard vs killer croc or sandman vs clayface/sir crocodile - because spiderman no way home

duke nukem vs serious sam - because new sam game

Gerald vs guts - new witcher season and berserk author dies recently

Ichigo vs yoh - because bleach return and shaman king anime is ending

saitama_vs_popeye_dbw_icon_by_lxenn_devxeil-300w.jpg

Erza vs. Saber

Dexter vs. Jimmy Neutron

Neo vs. Kirito

Filia vs. Shantae

https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/predicting-and-ranking-possible-death.html

@Tipper17 @The_Smashor @Seventy96

Let me know what rankings you disagree with (I kinda want to weed out the 50/50 section a little), what matchups/series/characters I forgot to include, what points I forgot to mention, etc.

Remember, this is ranking the likelihood of the matchups, not the subjective quality of the matchups themselves.
Looks ok. I'm planning something similar.

https://deathbattlesuggestionsblog.blogspot.com/2021/12/predicting-and-ranking-possible-death.html

Let me know what rankings you disagree with (I kinda want to weed out the 50/50 section a little), what matchups/series/characters I forgot to include, what points I forgot to mention, etc.

Remember, this is ranking the likelihood of the matchups, not the subjective quality of the matchups themselves.
You can point out, that Ben likes Raz vs Ness and the fact that Psychonauts 2 recently ended which makes both Ness and Raz fully usable (since Nintendo/Microsoft doesn't have plans for Mother/Psychonauts series in future).

Change "basically lock-ins" to "quite likely" :V

Adam vs Apocalypse has no text? A lot dont have actually.

Also returner timing might not be too strict. Carol was in S4 & S6, Charizard was also about less than 2 years too.

Last edited:

Erza vs. Saber

Dexter vs. Jimmy Neutron

Neo vs. Kirito

Filia vs. Shantae
Kirito vs Maple (SAO vs Bofuri) - Nice matchup, good banter, surprisingly tricky and debatable, just... lower chance of happening than Kirito vs Neo. If Kirito vs Neo is just a "50/50", then Kirito vs Maple is basically "Don't count on it"

I know "Fire Emblem in general" is already in a "probable" category but not quite sure about "Legend of Heroes series / Trails series". Likely just low 50/50 and high don't count on it

Cervantes vs Spinal (Soul Calibur vs Killer Instinct) - One matchup we need for Halloween - SKELETONS. Soul Calibur more representation. The place stolen by Crsh vs Spyro.

Touhou in general - I see a low "50/50" to high "don't count on it" for this one. The main copyright still goes to Team Shanghai Alice so I would say it is lesser a headache to research than SCP Foundation, which exists as a straight out "Creative Commons Attribution / Share-Alike 3.0".

How can one miss out "Kars in general", esp. "Kars vs Meruem" and "Kars vs Muzan".

Jonathan Joestar vs Tanjiro Kamado - I personally would put it at high "50/50", possibly low "Probably".

"Don't count on it" for a Weather Report matchup, but will turn to 50/50 at season 10 or later. Basically once JJBA 6 concludes.

"Don't count on it" for Pikachu vs Jibanyan

"Don't count on it" for Street Sharks vs Extreme Dinosaurs

"Don't count on it" for Satoru Gojo vs Makima - Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man too fresh. Same for Yuji vs Denji.

Oh yeah, you can also probably note about Denji vs Yuji, Luz vs Anne/Akko. These MU are getting quite popular.

Well since you listed 17 vs Cyborg there, then Piccolo vs MM & Sly vs Rouge exist too.

Some other obvious matches ala Hulk vs Broly might should be listed too, we did get Batman vs Iron Man.

S8 mightve been 5/16 aka 31%ish on comics, but lets take a look at bigger picture.

Instead of looking at S7 solo, lets combine them. With that we have 15/36 aka 41.6%ish on comics for 2 years.

With S6+S7+S8 we have 21/52 aka 40%ish for 3 years.

With S5+S6+S7+S8 we have 28/68 aka 41%ish for 4 years.

So in 4 years, 41% of matches are Marvel and/or DC. So factually more than 3rd are comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back