• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smash_Bracket_Matches_Visual_69.png

Some updated MU from Smash Bracket

Morag vs Undyne

...go on...?

IIRC they said those feats were outliers and/or not something Kirby can dish out regularly, as Kirby struggles with wall level AP. Kirby vs Jigglypuff was a super close match-up to them.

Twilight doesn’t really need powerscaling to be where she is though. She can raise the sun on her own for the 4-B rating and the Universal MLP stuff comes from her own feat with the crown.
It’s very likely they’d consider any cosmic feats outliers. They didn’t even accept a measly Low 7-B Mario feat

I mean yeah, their research is shit, but the animation is godlike, just look at Mewtwo vs Sephiroth
Unfortunately, Mewtwo vs Sephiroth is pretty much the best they have. I've found a consistent issue is that they make the fights too fast to keep track of everything that's happening, and they try to go out of their way to show off all of a character's abilities even if they don't fit well for a versus animation (Like when Lucas was basically boosting his stats whenever he wasn't actively attacking in Lucas vs Wario).

I also find that they love making fun of at characters typically interpreted to be strong nearly to the point of spite, such as how Kirby gets injured in every single animation after Kirby vs Jigglypuff or how they said Bill can't break the 4th wall in Banjo vs Yoshi even though Bill had literally nothing to do with that episode and also the main thing they used to bunk Bill's statements was a 4th wall breaking Reddit AMA.

I am genuinely afraid of what they'll do with Archie Sonic and Paper Mario.

Unfortunately, Mewtwo vs Sephiroth is pretty much the best they have. I've found a consistent issue is that they make the fights too fast to keep track of everything that's happening, and they try to go out of their way to show off all of a character's abilities even if they don't fit well for a versus animation (Like when Lucas was basically boosting his stats whenever he wasn't actively attacking in Lucas vs Wario).

I also find that they love making fun of at characters typically interpreted to be strong nearly to the point of spite, such as how Kirby gets injured in every single animation after Kirby vs Jigglypuff or how they said Bill can't break the 4th wall in Banjo vs Yoshi even though Bill had literally nothing to do with that episode and also the main thing they used to bunk Bill's statements was a 4th wall breaking Reddit AMA.

I am genuinely afraid of what they'll do with Archie Sonic and Paper Mario.
They are peak contrarianism, reminds me of their posts ******** other versus communities that Youtube kept recomending to me

They are peak contrarianism, reminds me of their posts ******** other versus communities that Youtube kept recomending to me
Really?
almost as if they never heard of franchises like Dragon Ball to begin with.
It's not just DB alot of VS series rely on it
Like can you really argue Super Shadow being inferior to a random weapon from Eggman that can nuke stars just because he never shown to ?

IIRC I think they've gone on record saying verses with an in-universe power measuring system like Dragon Ball still get scaling.
only in-verse power measuring system.
bruh moment.
  • Characters being portrayed as generally equal in strength or fighting similar enemies is not enough to have them scale to each other. They need some explicit feat showing that comparison off.
being portrayed as equal in strength and narrative support doesn't qualify via what?

I can't believe this is a serious note.
  • Hurting a character is not enough to scale to their best durability feat. Instead, it will scale to their weakest durability feat where they took a meaningful amount of damage (e.g. didn’t no-sell it).
This one is pure BS as well.

being portrayed as equal in strength and narrative support doesn't qualify via what?

I can't believe this is a serious note.

This one is pure BS as well.
I don't care about how Smash Bracket rates their characters, how strong these characters are is ultimately subjective, but their whole thing of not scaling characters to each other does irk me.

Like sure not scaling random fodder Goomba #824,991 to Marios castle punting feat because it's capable of harming him in the platformers or in a random RPG battle is fine, but they're basically saying that even someone like Bowser wouldn't scale to the castle punting despite consistently being a rival to Mario and being portrayed as physically stronger than him.

I actually like Smash Bracket.

Sure, rules may not be the best and some could be considered shit; but you could say that of VSB as well. They even could be considered better on some points.

Also their thing is interesting in term of intertainment and discovery.

Their rules make it so you have this feeling you won't really know who's winning and what the fight will look like.

So I like this fun approach of VS debatting.

I don't care about how Smash Bracket rates their characters, how strong these characters are is ultimately subjective, but their whole thing of not scaling characters to each other does irk me.

Like sure not scaling random fodder Goomba #824,991 to Marios castle punting feat because it's capable of harming him in the platformers or in a random RPG battle is fine, but they're basically saying that even someone like Bowser wouldn't scale to the castle punting despite consistently being a rival to Mario and being portrayed as physically stronger than him.
Yeah they’re way too strict with scaling. Like they have a rule that says even if character B says character A is stronger than them, it’s an outlier unless it’s proven. Like what? That’s assuming character B is a moron that doesn’t know their own strength lol

Pfffft

I mean this forum thread, possibly, but surely you do not mean the ACTUAL wiki?
I mean, yeah.

FFS our stats are usually inbetween DB's stats and SB's stats, that's about as "Middle Ground" as you can get. We punish verses for inconsistency, but we still consider high feats.

Don't get me wrong, not every verse is a middle ground just because different people work on different verses, but most of them are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back