• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can still respect Smash Bracket because VS is subjective enough, but you know what I think?

DB popularizing high end feats too much has made lots of people hate basic stuff.

Scaling is bad, statements are bad, actual stats are memed by TNT and light dodging mentions. A lot of stuff I see are dunked on by Reddit, 4Chan and frankly even here on occasion.

If it makes anyone feel better, even Smash Bracket fans don't like Smash Bracket's ruleset.

unknown.png

DB popularizing high end feats too much has made lots of people hate basic stuff.

Scaling is bad, statements are bad, actual stats are memed by TNT and light dodging mentions. A lot of stuff I see are dunked on by Reddit, 4Chan and frankly even here on occasion.
I think they aren't the only reason.

VS Debatting had a long period where everything had high end feats taken into account over constitency, with VSB being one of the main group doing so (and still doing it to some extent, mainly for old verses that aren't fixed).

So it's just that rules have changed since the last two years, so people try stuff.

I can still respect Smash Bracket because VS is subjective enough, but you know what I think?

That's less on DB and more on how VS itself became so lenient on high end feats over the years
They mainly become victims of it

I havent thought about, but you know whats an actual analogy for VS Wiki?

Comics

There are lot of good things sure, but there are also a lot of bad things, but the thing is this Wiki is massive so I cannot in good faith say this wiki is consistent enough to say its "good enough". Its a mess. Just like how comics' scaling works lol

The one thing I do forget, is that a lot of people say this place wanks, but its technically not the highest place of wank. Those other minor off shoot wikis usually have way crazier scaling.

MU that has my interest
Archie Sonic vs Paper Mario
Gon vs Deku
Asura vs Hulk
Sol vs Mokou
Zero vs Shadow
Kinda surprised he's going with Paper Mario for Archie's matchup, that's generally the stompiest matchup Archie Sonic has in his favor. Wally West's a lot closer iirc, but I guess they probably wanted to be different from Death Battle.

Kinda wish we could've gotten someone other than Hulk for Asura because that's a Hulk win but whatever, I love Asura so I hope the fight's good.

Also would really like for Sol vs Mokou to be good. Hoping for a Mokou win but considering the channel's rules on scaling who knows.

Unfortunately, Mewtwo vs Sephiroth is pretty much the best they have. I've found a consistent issue is that they make the fights too fast to keep track of everything that's happening, and they try to go out of their way to show off all of a character's abilities even if they don't fit well for a versus animation (Like when Lucas was basically boosting his stats whenever he wasn't actively attacking in Lucas vs Wario).

I also find that they love making fun of at characters typically interpreted to be strong nearly to the point of spite, such as how Kirby gets injured in every single animation after Kirby vs Jigglypuff or how they said Bill can't break the 4th wall in Banjo vs Yoshi even though Bill had literally nothing to do with that episode and also the main thing they used to bunk Bill's statements was a 4th wall breaking Reddit AMA.

I am genuinely afraid of what they'll do with Archie Sonic and Paper Mario.
Yeah, I'll be genuinely ******* shocked if either of them get universal, nevermind multiversal.

That matchup is a massive stomp in Archie's favor, but watch them somehow find a way to either make it somehow close, or a PM win lol

IMG_1338.png

Vs. Kusuo Saiki

Pros:
  • Brings a new face to DB
  • Strongest connections of any Saitama match-up by far
  • One of the few Saitama MUs where he actually has a chance of winning
  • The comical nature of both their series means the episode would probably have decent banter
Cons:
  • Their powersets may contrast a bit too greatly. Saitama’s a brick and Saiki’s a Psychic

IMG_1341.webp

Vs. Goku

Pros:
  • Ends Goku’s losing streak
  • Goku and Saitama’s personalities would make for some neat banter
  • The animation and music potential exists, I suppose
Cons:
  • Anyone that isn’t a normie is gonna see the outcome coming from a mile away
  • The connections suck ass
  • The comment section would suck ass
  • They both have better MUs

IMG_1339.webp