• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you said still applied to what I said which was similar to the point that the "other poster" made, I also find it odd that this is one of the few times I see you posting something yet it was in those two instances that you did not quote.

To me it goes like this,

Speed is above Abilities since depending on how fast you are and what the hax is, you can speedblitz.

Abilities are above AP since this is when technicalities come into play like regen and hax which depending on what the charaters in question are, can challenge AP as a deciding factor

Speed>Abilities>AP

Just my thoughts, folks here feel free to chip in.
Passive abilities:

Speaking of bad legacy matchups, I've surprisingly heard a decent argument for Ridley vs Rayquaza.

Long story short, the contrast of a Western-inspired dragon from space that invades worlds versus an Eastern-inspired dragon from Earth that defends the world is enough to vibe with some people. Main issue is that King Ghirorah is just kinda better than Ridley for this particular niche, and unlike Ridley, Ghidorah dosn't really have much going on in terms of matchups.

I mean, aside from GE's punch rushes there really wouldn't be any hand to hand in that matchup afaik.
I feel like they'd try to do a lot of "Persona and a Stand punch each other" moments in the fight, and they'd probably try really hard to reference smash by making Joker do a lot of melee attacks

Off the top of my head.

New:
*Frieza Vs Megatron
*Ash Vs Yugi
*Joker Vs Gio

Returners (At least one reused character per MU):
*Spawn Vs Demi-fiend
*Dante Vs Kratos
*Vegeta Vs Thor

Cursed:
*Goku Vs Superman 3
*Any MU with meme characters
We already had a JJBA rep this season
Ash vs Yugi dynamic be weird and hard
Already had a DB rep
Vegeta vs Thor next year
Dante vs Kratos possibly next year
Spawn vs Demifiend is hella unlikely

Episodes i want in general
Father Fma vs Father Knd <ill take Endeavor or firelord ozai
Digimon royal knight battle royal
Griffith (berserk) vs the lich king
Sakura vs Yuri
Xemnas vs Ulquiorra
Escanor vs whitebeard
Prince of Persia vs Assassins creed dude
Alduin vs deathwing

Last edited:
I'll make one too

Kyle vs Simon
Raidou vs Constantine
Spawn vs Demifiend
Shrek vs Sully
White Bloodcell vs Osmosis Jones
Jimmy Neutron vs Dexter
Copy X/Dark Samus vs Cell
Goku vs Naruto
Omni Man vs Bardock
Homelander vs Tighten
Gru vs Megamind
Vegeta vs Thor
Gen 2 Pokemon Battle Royale
Xenahort vs Palpatine
Storm vs Weather Report
Green Lantern vs Nova
Ben 10 vs Danny Phantom
P3 P4 P5 Protagonist Battle Royale
GTAV Battle Royale
Liu Kang vs Jago
Bowser vs King Dedede/Eggman
Eggman vs Wily 2/Bowser
Sephiroth vs Aizen
Doomguy vs Kratos
Samus vs Mega Man X/Master Chief
Ridley vs Vilgax
Bugs vs Mickey
Daffy vs Donald
Tom vs Sylvester/Wile E Coyote
Stuart Little vs Remy from Ratatouille
Justice League vs Avengers
Gwen Tennyson vs Atom Eve
Scourge vs Reverse Flash
Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut
Cole vs Alex
Korra vs Rey

I'll make one too

Kyle vs Simon
Raidou vs Constantine
Spawn vs Demifiend
Shrek vs Sully
White Bloodcell vs Osmosis Jones
Jimmy Neutron vs Dexter
Copy X/Dark Samus vs Cell
Goku vs Naruto
Omni Man vs Bardock
Homelander vs Tighten
Gru vs Megamind
Vegeta vs Thor
Gen 2 Pokemon Battle Royale
Xenahort vs Palpatine
Storm vs Weather Report
Green Lantern vs Nova
Ben 10 vs Danny Phantom
P3 P4 P5 Protagonist Battle Royale
GTAV Battle Royale
Liu Kang vs Jago
Bowser vs King Dedede/Eggman
Eggman vs Wily 2/Bowser
Sephiroth vs Aizen
Doomguy vs Kratos
Samus vs Mega Man X/Master Chief
Ridley vs Vilgax
Bugs vs Mickey
Daffy vs Donald
Tom vs Sylvester/Wile E Coyote
Stuart Little vs Remy from Ratatouille
Justice League vs Avengers
Gwen Tennyson vs Atom Eve
Scourge vs Reverse Flash
Archie Knuckles vs Juggernaut
Cole vs Alex
Korra vs Rey
Lotta these don't make for good matches thematic but ok. Aizen is just about to be used why put him against sephiroth?

Speaking of superman, now that they most likely lost the "no limits" mindset, where do you think he will be rated and ehat kind of hax they will bring, from what i can tell, he would scale to multiversal via darkseid maybe? Universal minimun i guess, idk about speed though

I have to disagree with this one

depends if it’s Thawne or Zolomon

Ezio or Altair

unlikely but I would kinda want Boy with the Earring and Tatsuya too
But griffith and arthas have so much in common
Good guys who got corrupted by a plot device
sword users
Sacrificed their friends for power
Have big armies of demons/undead at the command
Really cool castles they rule
Manipluated by higher powers into their path or were they always destined to do so?!
Their best friends Jaina/Guts turned their backs on them before they went on a dark path
Known best for being final bosses.
And i'd love a sendoff for Miura in some form or fashion animated.

So it's that time again? Alright, here's what I'm interested in:

Larryboy vs Bibleman
SMG4 Mario vs Speedrunner Mario
Captain Underpants vs Fleabag Monkeyface
Harry Potter vs Percy Jackson
Ginormica vs Mt. Lady
A matchup involving Bandana Waddle Dee
FETH House Leader Battle Royale
Slenderman vs Jeff the Killer
Boyfriend vs PaRappa
Thomas the Tank Engine vs Wilson (Chuggington)

Speaking of superman, now that they most likely lost the "no limits" mindset, where do you think he will be rated and ehat kind of hax they will bring, from what i can tell, he would scale to multiversal via darkseid maybe? Universal minimun i guess, idk about speed though
Probably Multiversal as it feels like they'll likely downscale him from Darkseid

I don't know if you're the one who originally came up with this but I do want to tackle some of these points, as well as bring up a different option for John
Both are from an internet based series (Homestucks a Web-Comic and Indie Game) that was extremely influential and wide-spread during it's peak, that also basically took the standard definition of their type of series (web comic and RPG) and basically threw most of the standards out the window in favor of going out of the box(Undertale allowing you to spare and Homestuck... being Homestuck and basically breaking any conventions people had for Web-Comics)
This pays more attention to the source material than the actual characters, when placing two characters against each other, I prefer to compare the actual characters.
Boths series implement RPG mechanics into being part of the lore with LVL's EXP and Save Points being a factual part of Frisk and Undertales Lore,while Sburb(the game the homestuck cast plays) is basically a RPG with fraymotifs(combo attacks involving aspect) and echeladder(levels) being established parts of lore,
same as above
both are the protagonist of their series(kinda easy but still),
Very hollow point
Both Frisk and John are connected to a specific piece of a set that basically shape what abilities you have(Frisk is a DETERMINED soul, John is a BREATH player), and both Determination and Breath have a connection to freedom and choosing your own path "The will to keep living... The resolve to change fate. Let's call this power... "Determination.""(Undertales description of Determination)" Those bound to the aspect of Breath are, above all, expansive. Flexible and driven," and "Often, heroism comes along as an offshoot of them pursuing their own personal stories."(Both being descriptions about Breath from an offical Homestuck website)
The piece of a set thing is kinda hollow, also, determination and the aspect breath aren't that similar, I feel determination fits the aspect of time better
Both Frisk and John end up having the most overpowered and story defining ability that only they can use, which funnily enough both have a connection to "Time"(Resets allowing Frisk to go back in time to make things go their way and Retcons allowing John to go anywhere in space-time to change Causality)
Fair, but applies to my character of choice for John
Both Frisk and John had opposite experiences with family over of the course of their adventures, in the Pacifist timeline, Frisk basically got adopted by Toriel, while John had to witness the corpse of his father during his adventures in Sburb at the end of their 'everyone dies' timeline(Genocide route and Game Over),
Probably the fairest point here, no real counter-argument. I'm a sucker for contrasting points
both are influenced by the only person who never left their side(Chara being connected to Frisk influences them, and Terezi, despite them ****** dying they managed to get their memories in the new Terezis mind) to do something, which had opposite results, John going back in time with the Retcon powers to create a new good timeline, and Frisk just ending existence as we know it.
influenced by people isn't that strong of a connection
and to top it off, technically both encounter monsters in their series that seem like they're threatening them(Undertales Monsters and Homestucks Trolls), who end up actually being friendly, if not eccentric and chaotic. Overall, quite thematic if I don't say so myself!
Eh, not really. Frisk has to convince the monsters to not kill them and most of the trolls are straight ****** up aside from most of the main twelve and even then they're also kinda messed up. Also comparing source material.

Now, who do I replace Frisk with?
Kris
  • Keeps that time rewinding stuff from frisk
  • Travels to an alternate world with their friends
  • Both's freedom is limited in a certain way (Kris is controlled by the player and for John, he has to do things in a specific way or else he ends up in a doomed timeline)
  • Both find a way to get around those limitations (Kris removing their soul and Johns retcon powers)
  • Both are pranksters
  • Both have a strained relationship with their family
  • Blue (That one's a joke but it's still one more point for Kris)
Some other improvements
  • Kris has a personality, unlike Frisk
  • You could argue that Kris has a win-con (if you think that they could remove Johns soul like they can with theirs)

Alright I give out some personal favorites
  • Heaven ascended Dio vs Infinity Ultron
  • Dr. Clef Vs Dean Winchester
  • SCP-076 vs Hank Wimbleton
  • SCP-173 vs The Weeping Angels
  • Beholders vs Daleks
  • Paultin vs Taako
  • The Docter vs Dr. Wondertainment
  • The Scarlet King vs Lord English
  • Tricky vs Gamzee Makara
  • Dr. Kondraki vs Taylor Hebert
  • Tabuu vs The Auditor
  • Neo vs Kirito
  • Turbo Mecha Sonic vs Mick
  • Slenderman vs Bram stoker Dracula
  • Jeff the Killer vs Ticci Toby
  • Steve Mason vs Arthur Dent

So in other news, I'm betting Jinx vs Harley Quinn is more likely thanks to Arcane on Netflix.

harley_quinn_vs_jinx___death_battle_by_casvic_deumt62-fullview.jpg

Off the top of my head.

New:
*Frieza Vs Megatron
*Ash Vs Yugi
*Joker Vs Gio

Returners (At least one reused character per MU):
*Spawn Vs Demi-fiend
*Dante Vs Kratos
*Vegeta Vs Thor

Cursed:
*Goku Vs Superman 3
*Any MU with meme characters
Depending on which megatron you use for frieza, the connections are either nonexistent to really good. Ash vs yugi is a very popular match inspite of the fact ash gets stomped from what I hear. I don’t want joker vs giorno for the sole reason that it will be b10 vs gl but 1000000000000x worse. Spawn vs ghost rider is better and it’s really close from what I hear when zarathose pops out. The other 2 are fine

Speaking of bad legacy matchups, I've surprisingly heard a decent argument for Ridley vs Rayquaza.

Long story short, the contrast of a Western-inspired dragon from space that invades worlds versus an Eastern-inspired dragon from Earth that defends the world is enough to vibe with some people. Main issue is that King Ghirorah is just kinda better than Ridley for this particular niche, and unlike Ridley, Ghidorah dosn't really have much going on in terms of matchups.
Dear god no. Just stick with raqyaza vs bahamut and Ridley vs whoever is his most popular match

Ghidora has death wing from wow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back