• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That kinda depends on your definition of what you consider 'basic' or 'generic'. I see stuff like SAO written off as 'generic power fantasy', whereas I could turn around to something like Superman and see it as 'generic', because it's what seemed to pioneer the accusation (not that the media proliferation is necessarily unearned).

I made a video touching on the paradoxes of what we so call 'intro bias' with Pokemon USUM, a game I feel is overhated for it. It could use a fresh coat of paint today, but I hope I at least got the main point across (even if being pre-gen 8 means that some of the comments have aged about as well as Wensleydale Cheese over Mt. Fuji):

Interesting perspective, I actually enjoyed USUM (Overall) more than SuMo tbh. Also the hate Bayo got from the Smash 4 community was both legendary and dreadful.

I shall watch that Korra vs Storm later.
Sounds better than expected just by your comments - which adds shame to the fact that this is not Korra vs Rey or Delsin Rowe.

And now Weather Report needs to find a new opponent.

QXBHo2C_d.webp

I watched it. My verdict remains unchanged.

More like reinforced my positions with this comment from a Youtube audience:

Ben Pelczynski wrote:
2 days ago
I actually think this match-up makes perfect sense. This season has been all about celebrating Death Battle’s 10 year history, and with this episode they’re just trying to outdo the iconic Thor vs Raiden in the category of “Most One-Sided Match-Up Featuring a Lightning-Wielding Marvel Character”

Watched Korra vs Storm. Fine enough analysis, great animation (I believe Korra's sprites were custom made?), decent writing, just overall a solid episode. Probably a high 7, low 8.

Madara vs Aizen next, and as someone who has no connection to either character, I'm really looking forward to this. Just reference the memes for both characters (the Madara copypasta vs that was my plan all along), throw in some god tier dialogue, have the winner win by outplanning the loser, etc. I have little doubt it'll be a great episode (analysis, animation, music, voice acting, etc.), but part of me as already calling that the verdict/post analysis will be the weakest part of the episode even if done competently.

Maybe a fake-out where their illusion powers start the post analysis early, only to break out of it (admittedly this might screw the pacing a bit. Might fit Mysterio vs Scarecrow instead).

Going to bed now. Might wake up and commission an album cover for Mewthree vs SSJ5 Goku.

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm not talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 8 blue Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann boosted by unit 01 as his Susanoo, controlling the Platinium Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand and Kami Tenchi, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and white lantern ring, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinac as well as his salad while possessing infinity gauntlet, Ultimate nullifier, mjollnir, stormbreaker, tesseract, all motherboxes, dragon balls, eternal flame, and heart of the universe, wish box, imagine breaker, eye of Agammoto, being 10th level esper having perfect control over power cosmic as well as quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken. No, there is no character who can EVEN TOUCH sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 8 blue Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann boosted by unit 01 as his Susanoo, controlling the Platinium Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand and Kami Tenchi, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and white lantern ring, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinac as well as his salad while possessing infinity gauntlet, Ultimate nullifier, mjollnir, stormbreaker, tesseract, all motherboxes, dragon balls, eternal flame, and heart of the universe, wish box, imagine breaker, eye of Agammoto, being 10th level esper having perfect control over power cosmic as well as quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.

You should prepare for CRTs about them now, not after the matchup would become an episode. Unless you are busy IRL and want to save your effort somehow by relying on some work by Rooster Teeth.
Nah I just feel like Rooster Teeth might screw up some where and downplay ensues. I'm busy irl rn but hopefully I can find the time

Watched Korra vs Storm. Fine enough analysis, great animation (I believe Korra's sprites were custom made?), decent writing, just overall a solid episode. Probably a high 7, low 8.

Madara vs Aizen next, and as someone who has no connection to either character, I'm really looking forward to this. Just reference the memes for both characters (the Madara copypasta vs that was my plan all along), throw in some god tier dialogue, have the winner win by outplanning the loser, etc. I have little doubt it'll be a great episode (analysis, animation, music, voice acting, etc.), but part of me as already calling that the verdict/post analysis will be the weakest part of the episode even if done competently.

Maybe a fake-out where their illusion powers start the post analysis early, only to break out of it (admittedly this might screw the pacing a bit. Might fit Mysterio vs Scarecrow instead).

Going to bed now. Might wake up and commission an album cover for Mewthree vs SSJ5 Goku.
Imagine for the madras vs aizen db fight animation it’s just the one minute melee but it’s finished

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I'm not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I'm not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano'o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu. I’m also not talking about Kono Yo no Kyūseishu Futarime no Rikudō Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan (which is capable of Enton Amaterasu, Izanagi, Izanami and the Tsukuyomi Genjutsu), his two original Rinnegan (which grant him Chikushōdō, Shuradō, Tendō, Ningendō, Jigokudō, Gakidō, Gedō, Banshō Ten’in, Chibaku Tensei, Shinra Tensei, Tengai Shinsei and Banbutsu Sōzō) and a third Tomoe Rinnegan on his forehead, capable of using Katon, Fūton, Raiton, Doton, Suiton, Mokuton, Ranton, Inton, Yōton and even Onmyōton Jutsu, equipped with his Gunbai(capable of using Uchihagaeshi) and a Shakujō because he is a master in kenjutsu and taijutsu, a perfect Susano’o (that can use Yasaka no Magatama ), control of both the Juubi and the Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA and face implanted on his chest, his four Rinbo Hengoku Clones guarding him and nine Gudōdama floating behind him AFTER he absorbed Senjutsu from the First Hokage, entered Rikudō Senjutsu Mode, cast Mugen Tsukuyomi on everybody and used Shin: Jukai Kōtan so he can use their Chakra while they are under Genjutsu. I'm definitely NOT Talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after Alucard, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu and having eaten Popeye's spinach. I'm not talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 4 Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann as his Susanoo, controlling the Gold Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinach while possessing quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken I’m talking about sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 8 blue Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann boosted by unit 01 as his Susanoo, controlling the Platinium Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand and Kami Tenchi, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and white lantern ring, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinac as well as his salad while possessing infinity gauntlet, Ultimate nullifier, mjollnir, stormbreaker, tesseract, all motherboxes, dragon balls, eternal flame, and heart of the universe, wish box, imagine breaker, eye of Agammoto, being 10th level esper having perfect control over power cosmic as well as quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken. No, there is no character who can EVEN TOUCH sagemode sage of the six paths Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Legendary Super Saiyan 8 blue Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, Rinnegan, Mystic Eyes of Death Perception, and Geass doujutsus, equipped with his Shining Trapezohedron while casting Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann boosted by unit 01 as his Susanoo, controlling the Platinium Experience Requiem stand, having become the original vampire after having absorbed Alucard as well as a God Hand and Kami Tenchi, able to tap into the speedforce, wearing the Kamen Rider Black RX suit and white lantern ring, with Kryptonian DNA implanted in him and having eaten Popeye's spinac as well as his salad while possessing infinity gauntlet, Ultimate nullifier, mjollnir, stormbreaker, tesseract, all motherboxes, dragon balls, eternal flame, and heart of the universe, wish box, imagine breaker, eye of Agammoto, being 10th level esper having perfect control over power cosmic as well as quantum powers like Dr. Manhattan and having mastered Hokuto Shinken.
I read all this. Can I have a cookie?

Brandon really hyping up this Track for Madara vs Aizen
Mind posting that commissioned or designated battle music?

Season 8 finale
It used to be (expected by most) Galactus vs Unicron but now we are not so sure.

Now Weather Report needs to find a new opponent
Or just keep the same one, repeats aren’t out of the possibility
Well most have been dished out by Storm so she may not need to return. Moreover there are a lot of weather manipulation users for a Death Battle.
And Nami suited Domenico Pucci best. By current Death Battle standings Storm can be too much for Weather Report.
Not to say we have Zoro, Ace, Sanji, ... but Nami, Luffy and Boa and Whitebeard and Blackbeard and Akainu etc are not yet out. Given One Piece has a really, really long story.

I'm hoping DB finally redeems itself from the doo-doo that was ichigo vs. naruto with the next one 👌
At the cost of a losing streak of Naruto
(Well a Bleach losing streak will start if Aizen loses too so this will be a lose-lose scenario)

Nothing much. IIRC, DB admits that it doesn't intend to actually end battleboard arguments but rather to entertain which is completely fair.

I'll admit that I see no way Aizen loses but after seeing Alucard vs. DIO, it proved the lengths that it can do in terms of mental gymnastics
Well. We have survived Nightwing vs Daredevil, Sasuke vs Hiei and then some.

Madara win cons: better stats, tsukyuyomi, truth seeking bombs, izanagi
Madara Uchiha wins by planet to universe level Bleach top tier invalid
Sosuke Aizen wins by planet to universe level Bleach top tier valid

Watch this becomes the final verdict by the Death battle team (Ty = KS, ITy = Hg blah blah blah)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back