• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It already was?

Also after watching Korra Vs Storm again, I'm actually impressed by the amount of detail they put into battle (The banter, the lost souls, showing Raava's markings on Korra as show of her going all out, etc). Also take a shot every time "queen" or "element" is mentioned in the episode.
Bruh, I don't want alcohol poisoning. Not worth it.

Watch the episode, its was definitely much better than i thought, far more than Shao Khan VS Akuma, but not as great as Dio Brando VS Alucard or Goku Black VS Reverse Flash.

The only downside its that such effort was put on a meh MU, instead of Delsin Rowe VS Korra, still it was pretty good for S8 standard.

And next time its Sōsuke Aizen VS Madara Uchiha, NOW this is a MU that may actually care about it, even if i'm don't care of Bleach or Naruto.

Ninja'd, but like, there seems to have mountains there and stuff, why didn't we use that or something, would that have changed it? The image on the result of death battle seems good for pixel scaling and speed

Korra vs storm was pretty good, the details and effort on the fight was nice, also the spirit world basically shown the characters whom died in their matches, that was cool and wished they did it for other episodes that dealt with such locations

Also they brought up the term outliers when they said her planetary calc makes her other feat consistent, too bad that they dont use it for when feats arent consistent these days tho

New Xeno MU chart - Margulis (Xenosaga)

MU4MARGULIS.png

MU criteria:

• 3-C+ or above.
  • Be a loyalist to a group or cause of some kind for the sake of returning to a 'broken home land', only to be betrayed. Either that, or have a pride complex as part of, say, a cult.
  • Puppeteer an organisation of any description, or assist in it's demise.
  • Be a rival trained by a common 'father figure'. Final fight they have is with that 'rival'.
  • Bonus points for religion.

If Zavok is a good match up, that just sounds like a cursed character lmao

There's a first time for everything. I'm surprised we didn't poke an eyebrow at Waternoose.

IAS he just fits the bill (mostly). I looked at the description we have when looking for Margulis's MUs and thought 'yeah, that sounds about right'

On that note, I'm going to have to compile played games/watched series for more ideas on what I can look into for these charts. I'm really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel for some of these characters (partly because I don't want to use characters more than once if I can help it).

MU4MARGULIS.png

MU criteria:

• 3-C+ or above.
  • Be a loyalist to a group or cause of some kind for the sake of returning to a 'broken home land', only to be betrayed. Either that, or have a pride complex as part of, say, a cult.
  • Be a rival trained by a common 'father figure'. Final fight they have is with that 'rival'.
Hoy vs whatever funny catchphrase Margulis has
Seth also made a video on Madara vs Aizen here:

I thought he said it was dependent on acouple factors

Hoy vs whatever funny catchphrase Margulis has

foolspride.png

No but seriously, his final battle with Jin, even knowing I have many, MANY disagreements with Saga III's narrative, does hit pretty hard for what it is. Margulis was always a character you respect more in retrospect, even if he does prattle off 'our holy land' like John Bolton splicing his speeches with 'Tehran'.

I like how both used unconventional means the gain power:

One stole and absorbed his friend/rival's flesh and brainwashed his descendant into being a weapon.

The other manipulated all his comrades just to "evolve" and then after a major setback sat on throne.

Who says Shonen is "basic".

I like how both used unconventional means the gain power:

One stole and absorbed his friend/rival's flesh and brainwashed his descendant into being a weapon.

The other manipulated all his comrades just to "evolve" and then after a major setback sat on throne.

It's a good way to say you're not a Shonen fan without saying you're not a Shonen fan...

That kinda depends on your definition of what you consider 'basic' or 'generic'. I see stuff like SAO written off as 'generic power fantasy', whereas I could turn around to something like Superman and see it as 'generic', because it's what seemed to pioneer the accusation (not that the media proliferation is necessarily unearned).

I made a video touching on the paradoxes of what we so call 'intro bias' with Pokemon USUM, a game I feel is overhated for it. It could use a fresh coat of paint today, but I hope I at least got the main point across (even if being pre-gen 8 means that some of the comments have aged about as well as Wensleydale Cheese over Mt. Fuji):

Korra VS Storm is a pretty decent episode. Definitely one of the better Avatar episode in DB. Still prefer Korra and Storm going with different opponents (Delsin or Rey for Korra and Black Lightning or Weather Report for Storm)
Next time is gonna be fun. Don't know much on Marada or Aizen but I heard they got some crazy abilities in hand.

MU4MARGULIS.png

MU criteria:

• 3-C+ or above.
why the **** the monsters inc spider in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back