• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the DBW a certain poster said this

People keep saying about many battles that "this is gonna be the next Ben 10 vs Green Lantern" or "this is gonna be the next Goku vs Superman" and I think these people don't understand that it all happens due to circumstances. Goku vs Superman 1 came at a time when the internet was just not ready to accept that there are fictional characters more powerful than Dragon Ball characters. It's why the Dragon Ball fans were way more toxic then compared to now. Many of them are still just as toxic, but I think generally most of them are way more open minded now. Add in the fact, that most casual audience just didn't found Superman as cool as Goku back then, which just made his victory even more unpopular. As for Ben 10 vs Green Lantern, Kuro had made a video overplaying Ben that was blowing up, and since Ben 10 was now a childhood classic for many internet users that hasn't been relevant in a long time, they just felt good thinking of him as some unbeatable god. When the episode came out, people just really didn't wanted to see him lose. It wasn't helped by the fact that Kuro responded multiple times, and the fact that just like with Goku vs Superman, most casual audience just didn't find Hal to be as cool as Ben. Those were the circumstances that lead to the episodes becoming as controversial as they did.

This is why I hate when I see people say that any particular upcoming battld is gonna be the next controversial one. NO!!! PISS OFF!!!!! That's not gonna happen. No episode is gonna be super controversial without circumstances. The level of controversy of an episode depends on a situation and I can prove it.

Remember Goku Black vs Reverse Flash? That was a Dragon Ball loss against DC. Why wasn't that anywhere near as controversial? Because the circumstances were different. We now live in a time when the internet has accepted that Dragon Ball is not the strongest series in fiction, unlike 2013. Not to mention, one thing that Dragon Ball and Ben 10 fans find difficult to accept is that "how can someone bland like Clark or Hal beat someone so badass like Goku or Ben?" That wasn't an issue here. Most people find Eobard to be a super interesting character which is why the Dragon Ball fans found it easier to accept that he can beat Zamasu. And while some Dragon Ball fans might still make their own stats to explain why they believe Zamasu would win, most of them can accept Eobard's victory because they find him to be cooler than Superman. Long story short, stop hyping up upcoming fights as the next controversial one. It's not gonna happen unless the circumstances make it controversial. Trust me, Saitama losing would make the internet rage in 2016, in 2021 however, I think they're ready to accept it.

outside the bold i agree with what this guy said
We shall see with the Saitama part. Though depending on the opponent, it won't be as bad.

Many Saitama opponents (like Popeye) stomps him.
Saitama
Lost to Popeye
Lost to Axe Cop, Tick
Lost to Zoom & Booster Gold
Lost to Squirrel Girl (who has Makoto Nanaya btw)
Lost to obviously Goku and Superman
Lost to Krillin
Lost to potentially Naruto and Ichigo (thanks to a better calculation for the serious punch by Saitama and some upscale from Psykos Orochi and Tatsumaki) (and thanks to the debatable small planet AP by Ichigo...)
Maybe able to win against Invincible (if they accept the Invincible planet destruction feat as NOT planet level)
Maybe able to win against Shiki Tohno (if they do not accept Tier 5 or above and FTL or above Shiki)
... Can he resist the hax walls of Alucard? If yes, yes consecutive normal punches can muda muda Alucard to Kool-Aid.
Oh he definitely beats Tanjiro Kamado (and well leave him to Jonathan Joestar)

Last edited:
Saitama
Lost to Popeye
Lost to Axe Cop, Tick
Lost to Zoom & Booster Gold
Lost to Squirrel Girl (who has Makoto Nanaya btw)
Lost to obviously Goku and Superman
Lost to Krillin
Lost to potentially Naruto and Ichigo (thanks to a better calculation for the serious punch by Saitama and some upscale from Psykos Orochi and Tatsumaki) (and thanks to the debatable small planet AP by Ichigo...)
Maybe able to win against Invincible (if they accept the Invincible planet destruction feat as NOT planet level)
Maybe able to win against Shiki Tohno (if they do not accept Tier 5 or above and FTL or above Shiki)
... Can he resist the hax walls of Alucard? If yes, yes consecutive normal punches can muda muda Alucard to Kool-Aid.
Oh he definitely beats Tanjiro Kamado (and well leave him to Jonathan Joestar)
Its especially bad if they scale Invincible to spawn
Legitimately didn't hear about star spawn till now

Its especially bad if they scale Invincible to spawn
Legitimately didn't hear about star spawn till now
Star Spawn? I thought even Nick Cramer knows Spawn at his max is Multiverse level+.

I want to know where do you hear Spawn is ONLY star level and how does Invincible scale from such thanks.

How Madara would win against Aizen in DB?
1. Madara kill him with brute force
2. Madara uses truth seeking bomb
3. Madara uses Izanami on Aizen because he is unable to permanently kill him

DioCard involved two new characters
Fair enough, I just think it's been long enough since his first appearance that he may as well be a new character. Hopefully the full analysis interests me more. Can't say I'm excited for the inevitable Trump jokes once we get to Shao Kahn though.

Also hearing them call Heaven infinite made me feel genuine pain because I've wasted literal weeks debating that point in Touhou CRTs

It IS Monday. Just someone thought it would be Tuesday.

Okay Akuma has the sky punching crater formation feat and the one big boulder crushing feat. Anything above 45 gigatons of TNT. Meaning at least Ryu legit wins over Jin.

It IS Monday. Just someone thought it would be Tuesday.

Okay Akuma has the sky punching crater formation feat and the one big boulder crushing feat. Anything above 45 gigatons of TNT. Meaning at least Ryu legit wins over Jin.
Why are you still on about that Ryu win? You know they also consider 6-A Tekken to be a thing as well right? Doesn’t even matter where they put Akuma at since in SFV it’s shown that Akuma was stomping Ryu.

Why are you still on about that Ryu win? You know they also consider 6-A Tekken to be a thing as well right? Doesn’t even matter where they put Akuma at since in SFV it’s shown that Akuma was stomping Ryu.
Just trying to examine if they can do research without beating themselves. Which not even they themselves care. The whole script is Wiz and Boomstick with Jocelyn and DUMMI doing research after all - not exactly the crew themselves.

DB seemed pretty convinced Ryu scales to Akuma back in Jin v Ryu

“First off, just to prove this scaling is reasonable, Ryu and Akuma share very similar abilities. Both were trained in the Ansatsuken fighting style, and both possessed the Satsui no Hado. They fought each other several times, and when the story was all said and done, Ryu emerged ultimately victorious based on his skill alone.”

“First off, just to prove this scaling is reasonable, Ryu and Akuma share very similar abilities. Both were trained in the Ansatsuken fighting style, and both possessed the Satsui no Hado. They fought each other several times, and when the story was all said and done, Ryu emerged ultimately victorious based on his skill alone.”
That last one was a non canon manga lol akuma is still above Ryu

Just trying to examine if they can do research without beating themselves. Which not even they themselves care. The whole script is Wiz and Boomstick with Jocelyn and DUMMI doing research after all - not exactly the crew themselves.
This season proves they debunk whatever they said of the franchises in this one then in previous ones

That logic they used for why to scale Ryu to Akuma was so dumb, especially when in series not even the island feat ending of the character they scaled to supported that, Akuma literally says 1-2 lines later from Ryu after he succumbs to the hado he gotta find him again and see who is truly stronger, let alone narration itself saying that gives Ryu another test

Also canonically they didnt fought after that besides in like SF5 and Akuma questioned himself if anyone can equal him, worse Ryu himself says he fights all out in a dark hado vs mu no ken

DB clearly didnt bother to read the lore there, not to talk of other characters = to Akuma also beating Ryu and not consider him close to their power either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back