• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Models they can use for for Akuma
SFV model
p0nlyp80te1y.jpg

Tekken 7 Model
DEF01C267B1A2C6A7F2925FBA88375AC8FEC2927

Shao Kahn
Mk9
d7slcpy-47f31a48-4737-424a-a4f0-de8745585633.png
MK vs DC Model
d7j3v35-2c0ac28f-5fd6-4860-954f-a83271901d61.png

Or make a custom model

God MK11 is such an L game. Like everything about it fails it’s embarrassing, especially the ******* scaling.
The scaling in MK11 honestly makes me laugh (And I'm not super invested into the lore); Doomsday with time hax losing to low tier characters, the Briggs suddenly becoming god tier by putting on a McGuffin hat (That seemly gave zero drawbacks), Shao Khan getting beaten by his "daughter", etc.

It's so absurd I can't even get mad about it (But I understand why actual MK fans hated it).

Just remember for fighting game matches: whoever the G1 Blog chooses, always choose the other fighter 🙃

But in all seriousness, there's some new people working on this blog so expect it to be different, as in Akuma-vs-Raoh-is-already-outdated-type different (I recommend people not to use everything said in that blog to justify the winner)

Last edited:
Just remember for fighting game matches: whoever the G1 Blog chooses, always choose the other fighter 🙃

But in all seriousness, there's some new people working on this blog so except it to be different, as in Akuma-vs-Raoh-is-already-outdated-type different (I recommend people not to use everything said in that blog to justify the winner)
LMFAO
Ryu vs Jin, Sabrewulf vs Jon Talbain, Heihachi Mishima vs Geese Howard... (Did they curse Cammy White in losing to Sonya Blade) Except maybe Balrog vs TJ Combo. (Will Aigis win in Noel Vermilion vs Aigis by the G1 bloggers picking Noel Vermilion tho - Persona and Blazblue are video games and both have/are fighting games.)
Are G1 bloggers cursed specifically in fighting game matchups?

Is Sengoku Basara too obscure in Death Battle? Toyotomi Hideyoshi may be an alternative for Raoh. But yeah do not rely on the G1 blog at Akuma vs Raoh to determine Akuma vs Shao Kahn. And watch Shao Kahn win by Darkseid scaling.

Sakuya beating Hit would be satisfying uwu. I personally think it comes down towards more of skills and hax than stats tbh, though Speed probably plays a role tok
Well if you buy the AP scaling, Touhou Project characters will win in a LOT of matchups. Except Cirno vs Jack Frost and Marisa Kirisame vs Jessica Ushiromiya and Reimu Hakurei vs Madoka Kaname perhaps.

I am sad some fans hate the episodes by Liam to call it "Liam's wank" when the fight and verdict qualities from Liam are still better than say Lousy or Genevieve or Sam or even Ben himself.

Also just caught up on this thread and I got to mention that I got no idea why people are acting like that Alucard didn't get wanked to astronomically levels as well, in fact Liam has admitted that he did wank Alucard just for the sake of a better comparison
That Vertigo icon....Swan is obsessed with Dio....it adds up!

maybe? Honestly I'm unsure who'd win, though I haven't really gone in depth with researching anything sephiroth related, let alone FF7's entire extended canon, so it might be a sephiroth W, or it could be close.

Alright which characters deaths in this season of DB would have massive consequences for the verse
Hm interesting. Yoda dying would certainly put both Palpatine and the Jedi on High alert that someone managed to take out the Grandmaster, and would somewhat mess up the Jedi’s wartime strategy and leadership until a new leader is found, and obviously Luke would never have gotten the proper training from Yoda so there’s that.

Steven dying probably isn’t too bad consequence wise since his outfit and him having way more difficulty going into Pink State than he ever did in the show implies it’s after the series ended, so pretty much all the problems were taken care of. Though the Gems will be extremely saddened no doubt, especially the Diamonds from seemingly losing Pink all over again.

Link dying probably isn’t too bad cause a new Link will eventually be born but Ganon will have free reign on the world for awhile.

Though technically speaking, the calc for DS is a lowball as it's generally using the average planet as the calc assumption. Planets in Metroids are generally far larger than normal, especially considering you have planets like Zebes being almost 1000X the gravity of earth. And she took that when she was in literal particles at that point and came back from it, so she could easily be far stronger than Small Star level, especially if you factor in Corruption DS.

But

why?

Doesn't both the quantity and "quality" of souls/minds/nonphysical consciousnesses being "hacked" matter when you're measuring the "potency" of the hax in question?
Imo logical because now we don't have that "Haha, my numbers are higher that means your resistance doesn't works". Instead we actually compare hax by how it works, by feats performed of the mind/soul and other hax.

Now the threads where this was discussed for more context: https://vsbattles.com/threads/mind-manipulation-revision-numbers-aint-everything.124595/

You can find second one in staff discussion.

Rooting neither Akuma or Shao Khan, i don't care enough to have any favourite.

Betting no one, i don't know enough to be certain who its going to win.

More seriously though, I think Madoka Magika is too obscure and too far past any relevance or its peak in popularity, especially "versus" popularity, for Death Battle to care about it.
Pretty sure Puella Magi Madoka Magica it still relatively popular and it is consider one of the best Magical Girl series.

And if Hellsing (which isn't that mainstream compare to other Anime series) ended up in a Death Battle, i don't see why the same can happen with Madoka.

Especially if their characters are put with more popular verses, the lack of relevance for one character can be balanced by having it fight a more mainstream one.

Just like they did with Fox McCloud VS Bucky O'Hare.

Yes, but current Death Battle (since Rooster Teeth) doesn't care that much about lesser known characters
The Death Battle team members are getting the core members, with some rotating staff. I am afraid lesser known verses are not in Death Battle because of the scope of the US audience - a lot of BIG Japanese franchises are not yet in Death Battle.

What would make an Elfen Lied character appear before a Yu Yu Hakusho character and a Sailor Moon character after all.

Is Akuma vs Shao Kahn confirmed to be 3D?
To my knowledge, nothings been confirmed, though I kinda hope it's the in house 3D episode of the season. SFM has proven that hand to hand combat isn't their thing with redacted, and sprites brings to mind Akuma's 3rd Strike/Alpha sprite clashing with classic MK sprites (and the last time they did custom sprites for an MK character was Sindel, and ... well...)

The Death Battle team members are getting the core members, with some rotating staff. I am afraid lesser known verses are not in Death Battle because of the scope of the US audience - a lot of BIG Japanese franchises are not yet in Death Battle.

What would make an Elfen Lied character appear before a Yu Yu Hakusho character and a Sailor Moon character after all.
Lucy fought Carnage a well known popular marvel character and she was moreso a last ditch option
Take Carnage out and she doesn't even appear on DB
Is Akuma vs Shao Kahn confirmed to be 3D?
Well so far in the second half
We had Three Sprite fights and a Hand Drawn one
We're overdue for a 3D one

I kinda hope it's the in house 3D episode of the season. SFM has proven that hand to hand combat isn't their thing with redacted, and sprites brings to mind Akuma's 3rd Strike/Alpha sprite clashing with classic MK sprites (and the last time they did custom sprites for an MK character was Sindel, and ... well...)
Yeah also Shao Kahn doesn't have any good sprites that could clash well with Akuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back