• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: How could DIO hurt Alucard when he can turn intangible?

A: Alucard’s intangibility isn’t passive, he has to activate it. He’s routinely hit by physical objects like bullets, so him phasing through a wall involves him in some way choosing to do that. Dio is so much faster that he’d never be able to activate it before being hit.

But that’s only initially. Sure, after enough of them he’ll be able to turn intangible and stay that way for the rest of the fight, unable to be harmed ever again. This should be an instant win condition, right?

Well, no. Alucard has never fought anything in his intangible state. Logically, his punches would just phase through his opponent the same way theirs would phase through him. And second, Stands are intangible too, and can affect intangible things.

Vol. 28 (pg. 38) - Jotaro uses Star Platinum’s intangibility to reach into his own chest and force his heart to stop beating.

Vol. 28 (pg. 86) - Star Platinum using that same intangibility to reach into Joseph’s chest.

Vol. 22 (pg. 48-49) - Silver Chariot can block an attack from Sethan, which is manifested from Alessi’s shadow.

image0.png

Vol. 35 (pg. 95) - Heaven’s Door was able to affect the ghost Reimi Sugimoto, despite the fact that she is a ghost and intangible: Vol. 36 (pg. 20), Vol. 46 (pg. 94), and (pg. 97). In fact, Rohan himself was even able to interact with her body, implying that Heaven’s Door interaction with her is what made her tangible.

Vol. 69 (pg. 52) - Stone Free’s strings were able to wrap around Whitesnake’s ankle while Whitesnake turned intangible to pass through steel bars.
So even if Alucard went intangible, it wouldn’t do him any good; the World would still be able to attack him. And even if we forget all the examples provided above, Alucard would still need to turn tangible again in order to hit Dio, at which point, Dio would just hit him faster than he could turn intangible again. In essence, there’s a reason why Alucard has never actually used this technique in combat: it’s ineffective offensively and redundant defensively when he can just absorb damage with his regeneration.

Maybe this is a dumb question but isn't The World's ability to clash with Stands like Star Platinum prove that it can interact with or harm intangible beings? Probably the best example from recent memory is Star Platinum causing skin crators and damage on Killer Queen.
Of course that's not the only example, as shown in the QNA, but it's something I thought of post QNA.

Welp alucard is becoming 8-B so... RIP dio by the standards of the wiki
Dio's The World still heavily heavily heavily outspeeds the shit out of Alucard, to Dio, Alucard is still a statue in comparison + maybe a potential AP upgrade for The World to the higher ends of High 8-C, even higher especially if its High The World + spammable time stop that increases each use
unknown.png

Dio's The World still heavily heavily heavily outspeeds the shit out of Alucard, to Dio, Alucard is still a statue in comparison + maybe a potential AP upgrade for The World to the higher ends of High 8-C, even higher especially if its High The World + spammable time stop that increases each use
unknown.png
I am going to shamelessly make Dio vs Alucard when the upgrades go through

With speed equal ofc, and probably make it take place right when night starts

Hmm hmm alucard is just so much more likeable than dio.
I had a lot of problems with shadow vs ryuko for the same reason like. Ryuko is such cool character and i feel like hellsing, klk will never get a win in these episodes.

I mean, iirc we technically do not measure soul hax by how many souls are absorbed anymore. As well as we don't measure mind hax by actual count of people who was mind haxed.
But

why?

Doesn't both the quantity and "quality" of souls/minds/nonphysical consciousnesses being "hacked" matter when you're measuring the "potency" of the hax in question?

unknown.png
It also helps that VBW's stats are stats not everyone so Alucard getting upgraded doesn't really change peoples' opinions on the fight. I mean it's nice that Alucard's getting some buffs but still

Hmm hmm alucard is just so much more likeable than dio.
I had a lot of problems with shadow vs ryuko for the same reason like. Ryuko is such cool character and i feel like hellsing, klk will never get a win in these episodes.
I understand Ryuko case Given current Shadow a mess due to Sega modern writing and Ryuko never suffered much writing issues

Alucard is a fun guy and less of an asshole compared to Dio

Alucard is a fun guy and less of an asshole compared to Dio
I mean tbh if you go by the real life actions of the real life Vlad The Impaler and Bram Stoker's Dracula, which is canon to Hellsing, Alucard's probably as much of a dick as Dio is factoring in past actions. But unlike Dio, Alucard does feel some regret so he's definitely more sympathetic then Dio at least

I mean tbh if you go by the real life actions of the real life Vlad The Impaler and Bram Stoker's Dracula, which is canon to Hellsing, Alucard's probably as much of a dick as Dio is factoring in past actions. But unlike Dio, Alucard does feel some regret so he's definitely more sympathetic then Dio at least
Oh I know but overall Alucard just comes across as a chill you wouldn't mind hanging out with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back