• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say Kyle vs Simon is ******’ hype incarnate
It needs Buu vs Kirby tier length
Last time they have a long fight they have Winter Soldier vs Red Hood.
And that is made up with a super short and simple post-analysis.
Wonder how they balance their effort and time on this episode in comparison to the other episodes.

But yes Kyle vs Simon will be hype. As a debate war and an animated fight. (Note: can and likely be a 2d sprite fight)

And end with a Simon W. I'm gonna facepalm so hard if Death Battle gives Kyle the life equation, because that means "LOL DC wins" all over again before the fight has even begun.
Well if the verdict is correct then... well, seeing how people push for this Kyle vs Simon matchup like blazerballs did on his Parasite Eve matchups, I am sure people will yell harder than gumballchan does should Kyle wins even if the verdict is correct to support a victory for Kyle (and likewise will yell for "Simon is 11D" should Simon wins).

Honestly, I don’t get the connections besides classical RPGs with political and philosophical themes and that they have a crossover game
Mind explaining the "political and philosophical themes" part in Marth vs Kazuya?
They are like JPRG protagonists to most normies. Simple yet strong enough reason for a Death Battle though tbh.

Mind explaining the "political and philosophical themes" part in Marth vs Kazuya?
They are like JPRG protagonists to most normies. Simple yet strong enough reason for a Death Battle though tbh.
I dont know much about FE, probably something about war
And for SMT you choose between authoritarianism or anarchy or some other thing, I'm kinda oversimplifying things but you get the idea

I dont think the themes for these really are that solid because alot of RPGs have political themes, like fallout

Whats the time period where old DBs should be respected in research? S1 gets a lot of leeway, but at what point should research be taken seriously? Technically it might have started at least around S2, but research has changed so much even S5 is very outdated.

Also, do you think S1 is good? Is it fine to give it leeway for being the rough but fun start that S1 was? There are many factors for quality of seasons, so is it possible S1 isn't the worst?

Whats the time period where old DBs should be respected in research? S1 gets a lot of leeway, but at what point should research be taken seriously? Technically it might have started at least around S2, but research has changed so much even S5 is very outdated.

Also, do you think S1 is good? Is it fine to give it leeway for being the rough but fun start that S1 was? There are many factors for quality of seasons, so is it possible S1 isn't the worst?
I mean even great stories or any others in the future didnt started as easy 10/10 their thing precisely

Everything started as maybe average at best till later become better
What he said
S1 feels kinda tricky due to it just starting out alongside how this hobby evolves n shit

Yeah, Ben was not an animator and he did 10 or so episodes every 2 weeks. Its mad respectable.

And in some sense even if they are rough, S1 fights had good interactions. And analyses were snappier and funnier overall.

Yeah, Ben was not an animator and he did 10 or so episodes every 2 weeks. Its mad respectable.

And in some sense even if they are rough, S1 fights had good interactions. And analyses were snappier and funnier overall.
The dialog parts are mainly influenced by Rooster Teeth at that time.

To ask: Is anyone remembering any cosmic feats by WWE characters? From the show, from Boom comics, from wherever else? Thanks.

1 handdrawn fight per year seems to be consistent one.

I wonder if Blindferret (who changed their name?) were too expensive. They were external workers.
Definitely expensive enough, esp. when Rooster Teeth animation staff members risk being laid off or downsized due to how few animations can actually be made and sold well. Why not utilise any idle manpower?
(Season 5 has two hand-drawn battles so they have to hire one external team for manpower scheduling.)

By the way, they seem not to forget Ismahawk so I really wonder if they will strive to have one live action Death Battle episode for Season 8. Just this means a lesser chance for Galactus vs Unicron.

Off topic: I wonder if Rooster teeth can do a better job than Visual Flight in animating EX-ARM.

If the Lich (From AT) got into DB, who could be his opponent?
images

Yeah Bruce with "prep time" has access to the mobius chair, white lantern ring, various types of unobtainium and more however judging by what's been discussed it seems he'll get is standard arsenal plus the Hellbat armour (potentially other armours too but that's dubious at best).

Meanwhile Iron Man gets pretty much his entire arsenal of suits which is just ridiculous tbh.

every bleach matchup i find decentish or vibe with:

gin vs hazama
kenpachi vs azrael
axel vs bazz b
jugram vs revan/saix
yhwach vs hao/vitiate
byakuya vs mace
aizen vs madara
ichigo vs naruto/yusuke
uryu vs marco/lyserg
ulquiorra vs xemnas
yammy vs laxeus
urahara vs gojo
rukia/toshiro vs horohoro
yamamoto vs whitebeard/akainu/zeus
szayel vs vexen
yoruichi vs chocolove
isshin vs minato
grimmjow vs lucci
Shunsui vs kojiro/yami
Mayuri vs relius
Gerard vs thor (marvel/ror/mythology)
Nnoitra vs hidan
Tier vs xenovia
Aaroniero Arruruerie vs. Demyx
Unohana vs lady maria

Yeah Bruce with "prep time" has access to the mobius chair, white lantern ring, various types of unobtainium and more however judging by what's been discussed it seems he'll get is standard arsenal plus the Hellbat armour (potentially other armours too but that's dubious at best).

Meanwhile Iron Man gets pretty much his entire arsenal of suits which is just ridiculous tbh.
Yeah, not sure what they were thinking. Giving Iron-Man access to all of his arsenal but Bat's doesn't get the same treatment? Doesn't quite sound fair to me.

The vast majority of Iron Man's extra arsenal are things he has direct access all the time in comics. Summoning a large army of flying Iron Man armors is a common trope.

And he ain't getting access to the Infinite Gauntlet or the Iron Destroyer's Uru either, because those are things that aren't really his, same way the the White Lantern Ring or the Mobius chair aren't Batman's own gear.

For non-standard uses Lex was given Everyman Project cause it wouldn't tip the scales. I guess they might be harsh on Batman's suits if he can't reliably get them to use in battles.

Technically Archie Sonic shouldn't realistically get Super forms but it seems some exceptions are made like for Thanos with IG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back