• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Shit how many pages we blew through?

**** off with that criticism we can absolutely criticize episodes based on research alone, considering the fact that they ask money from fans to bring back death battle.

I think we’re completely valid being a bit mean if they’re research this bad.
The research is essentially a fundamental part of the show, so it is 100% fair to judge an episode based on it

Last edited:
I mean, I don't mean this in any sort of mean spirited way, but giving out money wasn't going to cement one character winning. And like, wasn't this episode already in production before Rooster Teeth kicked the bucket?

Like yeah, the criticism is well deserved, but I get what the post was going for. To not be so obsessive and have criticism turn into something that looks more like whining.

Also if I used my Twitter account for something other than liking stuff, I'd totally lock a post if I'm not interested in conversations and just want to getmy thoughts out, lol.

I mean, I don't mean this in any sort of mean spirited way, but giving out money wasn't going to cement one character winning. And like, wasn't this episode already in production before Rooster Teeth kicked the bucket?

Like yeah, the criticism is well deserved, but I get what the post was going for. To not be so obsessive and have criticism turn into something that looks more like whining.

Also if I used my Twitter account for something other than liking stuff, I'd totally lock a post if I'm not interested in conversations and just want to getmy thoughts out, lol.
My guy I’m ******* tired of the ******** trying to defend db from any and all criticism. This level of simping for anything annoys me, but watching people simp for a crowdfunded project is insane.

It’s always the same accounts too, the same bunch of people including that guy running damage control FOR FREE.

First it was “you can complain if you didn’t donate” and now even donators aren’t allowed to complain.

I luv how Mewtwo vs Shadow got shilled heavily yet lost by a significant margin to Chief vs Slayer

Pure comedy
it's a shame because that's the rematch I wanted to happen the most. I like the MU and I think Shadow got done dirty.

I guess you could say he got a redemption arc in Shadow vs Ryuko though

But I love Shadow, he's literally me, so he should return either way
AFAIK, even without the Tier 1 and Infinite to Immeasurable Speed shit Doomguy still beats the crap out of Master Chief
You're completely right, but I feel like this episode will only serve to overly praise those Doom guy fans that self insert as him and think he can lose to no one

There is a segment of powerscalers that like to self insert as certain characters and then defend them to death and I feel like Doom is one of those characters

When I heard them mention the sun disk I verbally said "oh no..." because I realized the leaks were probably true

What where the leaks? And did the leaks say anything else other than that?

I went on 4chan to try to find leaks but everyone was trolling and giving out false information and false leaks

My guy I’m ******* tired of the ******** trying to defend db from any and all criticism. This level of simping for anything annoys me, but watching people simp for a crowdfunded project is insane.
Well it's not like it shouldn't be expected yeah? If there are fans, there's bound to be people who will defend it no matter what happens.
It’s always the same accounts too, the same bunch of people including that guy running damage control FOR FREE.
I mean, I can't see why that's a bad thing. Why does defending something without being paid matter, it just goes to show they have a deeper "love" for the project. Now if that's a good or bad thing, I don't know, go nuts on deciding it yourself.
First it was “you can complain if you didn’t donate” and now even donators aren’t allowed to complain.
Yeah, it's lopsided when it comes down to that.

When I heard them mention the sun disk I verbally said "oh no..." because I realized the leaks were probably true

Same

When DB pointed out the "Goku reacting to rocks at MFTL+ speeds" feat then i thought "Shit, everything was actually true"

I thought the leaks were too stupid to be true.

Turns out, they were worse.
I initially thought that:
  1. The leaks are true due to how specific they are
  2. The leaks aren't true due to the sun-disk feat being pretty much a giant meme on the scaling community
Turns out that Option 1 was correct

To be honest, I did NOT expect Death Battle to return with such vitriol. Page after page with just hate.
If the outcome was Nolan playing the wear n tear game with his superior speed folks would have there issues but they could understand why...
But him winning off a dubious vague ass feat that has tons of issues that was mentioned in the G1 blog?
Setting ya self up

Easiest slam dunk in the history of death battle, and they **** it up
It really was.

The sun disk is infamous for being way too assumption reliant, depends on interpretation of a statement, have to calculate distance with only a few images, size isn't stated, no explosion is shown, no KE, and narratively can destroy Invincible.

But here they go making it the main feat that Omniman (or any other comparabls character) doesn't even preform.

The ******* Viltrum Planet bust is the main feat. Cause it was stated Omniman would have died if he attempted it alone and without the space laser + timing.

But there goes the research team, meticulously orchestrating pure wank for Omniman to win a battle he has no right to.

Absolute ass.

But I love Shadow, he's literally me, so he should return either way
Here in Brazil we have a song about a guy saying that he wants to make gay sex with Shadow and with other Sonic characters

The song is fire, though

You're completely right, but I feel like this episode will only serve to overly praise those Doom guy fans that self insert as him and think he can lose to no one

There is a segment of powerscalers that like to self insert as certain characters and then defend them to death and I feel like Doom is one of those characters
Can't disagree with you on that

I heard someone claim that the King Vegeta planet busting feat is just a hallucination, while someone else said it was just a flashback. What's going on there? I don't watch Dragon Ball, but I have heard there's some controversy around the canon between the show and manga.

Here in Brazil we have a song about a guy saying that he wants to make gay sex with Shadow and with other Sonic characters

The song is fire, though
Dude I need the song, pass me the song, for non-homosexual reasons, I need the song. It's because I find the idea of the song funny, and it's totally not because I am a raging homosexual.

I heard someone claim that the King Vegeta planet busting feat is just a hallucination, while someone else said it was just a flashback. What's going on there? I don't watch Dragon Ball, but I have heard there's some controversy around the canon between the show and manga.
It's a flashback, but downplayers say that Vegeta is exaggerating it. Evidence for exaggeration is flimsy, as he has no reason to be hyperbolic as he recounts a period in his life.

It's a flashback Vegeta has in the Toei Namek Saga, going over the destructive, cruel, and brutal nature of the Saiyan people before they're further enveloped by the evil of Frieza. In it, to demonstrate how awful the Saiyans are, King Vegeta mercilessly just destroys 3 planets with the flick of his hand. Comparatively, Frieza destroyed less, and often sold the planets, whereas Saiyans just killed to kill. That's all the context there is to it.

Back