• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Now that I see it again, unless the laser is expanding millions of kilometers as it approaches, the laser looks relative in size to the sun disc.

It's just so bad.

1 more hour

Place your bets here and now folks.

Who do you have winning.
coping-copium.png

gonna be the real winner

Or Joker vs Green Goblin.

Same character name, same initials as Giorno, Joker movie is out this weekend.

I've been hearing rumors. But just rumors
What can The Joker even do to Stormin' Norman anyways? Emperor Joker would be too much of a stomp and his base key isn't doing anything.

This has been repeated time and time again here on this thread, and most likely on Reddit as well, but I cannot see nor be fully convinced that Nolan can beat Bardock through any meaningful way.

Like how can Death Battle tell us, the audience, with a straight face that Nolan scales to/above a star level feat when it took him, Mark, and another character to break through the core of Viltrum and destroy the planet together? And you can't argue that Viltrum is somehow more dense and durable than that sun disk thing when, to my understanding, there is not a single statement or mention of Viltrum being any sort of special planet out of being bigger than Earth or whatever.

On top of this: even if you want to go down the sun disk route and say that Nolan is Star Level, that means diddly dick when Bardock, as pointed out by Ben, easily scales and above several star level feats that are either comparable or are above the calculations of the sun disk feat. Which, when coupled with Bardock's greater speed, versatility with Ki, his ability to grow stronger as a Saiyan, and his Great Ape and Super Saiyan forms should make this a complete wash for Bardock.

Overall, Bardock losing this fight would just be a slap in the face to any form of common sense or reasonable scaling to what both these characters are capable of. So I hope to whoever's listening that all of those leaks were elaborate trolling.

This has been repeated time and time again here on this thread, and most likely on Reddit as well, but I cannot see nor be fully convinced that Nolan can beat Bardock through any meaningful way.

Like how can Death Battle tell us, the audience, with a straight face that Nolan scales to/above a star level feat when it took him, Mark, and another character to break through the core of Viltrum and destroy the planet together? And you can't argue that Viltrum is somehow more dense and durable than that sun disk thing when, to my understanding, there is not a single statement or mention of Viltrum being any sort of special planet out of being bigger than Earth or whatever.

On top of this: even if you want to go down the sun disk route and say that Nolan is Star Level, that means diddly dick when Bardock, as pointed out by Ben, easily scales and above several star level feats that are either comparable or are above the calculations of the sun disk feat. Which, when coupled with Bardock's greater speed, versatility with Ki, his ability to grow stronger as a Saiyan, and his Great Ape and Super Saiyan forms should make this a complete wash for Bardock.

Overall, Bardock losing this fight would just be a slap in the face to any form of common sense or reasonable scaling to what both these characters are capable of. So I hope to whoever's listening that all of those leaks were elaborate trolling.
Erm, Dragon Ball tard

I’m gonna be real with you guys, regardless of if the leaks are real or not death battle has always been dumb. They make tons of leaps in logic all the time. Which is why you shouldn’t take it super seriously and just watch the animation and laugh if they do something dumb.

This is coming from someone who’s been watching them for over ten years

I’m gonna be real with you guys, regardless of if the leaks are real or not death battle has always been dumb. They make tons of leaps in logic all the time. Which is why you shouldn’t take it super seriously and just watch the animation and laugh if they do something dumb.

This is coming from someone who’s been watching them for over ten years
Yes but its with a character I want to win so its different :^)

Lets see how I cooked.
cellMUs.png

I didnt fully re-read everyones material so point out mistakes. Ngl I could have probably added more similarities to Metal but ehh.

Man, its frustrating that evolving and copying powers is actually not really a thing for Cell as much as youd think? After he reaches Perfect form its mostly permanent so he doesnt really evolve in fights. And then he only directly copied a technique in fights once, maybe twice?

Can I just say that there's a reason I amended my Karen Travers top 8 with Cell's name recently?

giphy.gif

Origin:
Modified by the OSF into becoming an 'SS Brain Eater', and one of (if not the) strongest Psionics in Scarlet Nexus's world. Motivated by the death of Alice Ichijo (Fubuki Spring's Fiancé) as a result of 'Others', and the Extinction Belt dipping below a certain point.

Powers and Arsenal:
Manipulation of the four main elements, Teleportation, master of CQC/Martial arts, psychokinesis (various), Time Travel via the Red Strings, AfO-style ability governing, duplication etc.

Purpose and Goals:
Build Seiran to overthrow New Himuka's autocratic government; create a timeline where Alice Ichijo lives, free of the 'Others'; eliminate the Kunad gate and the extinction belt.

General Character:
Mild-mannered and disconnected from those around him for the most part. Opportunistic enough to 'help' supposed enemies, if it means setting up future events in the timeline (as shown by him handing Yuito medicine that prevented memory erasure issues for a time). Strong believer in 'ends justify the means' (as proven by the several "entanglements" in the timeline created by his work).

Similarities to Cell:
(I know little about Dragon Ball in general, so take this with a grain of salt)
Origin implicates received powers by artificial means in a similar way. 'Revenge on the world' can be inferred by him wanting to bring Alice back, and viewing the Sumeragi's in active contempt (and who can blame him?). Powers and Arsenal might as well be the same. "Shadow in the recording" (DLC) might as well be his highest peak, and Brain Field is basically a Sayian form.

Assuming we're allowed to give Cell Toei scaling, both (currently) also have 2-C peaks. Make of that what you will.

EDIT: 'time travel' similarity is technically there, with the understanding that Cell travelled in a time machine at one point (?)

Also tracked down the source of the leaks, a guy on reddit claiming to have been there. He did provide pictures, but he's gone back and forth on who actually won

I don't think it's a fake account, he frequents other subdreddits, but the account isn't that old.

He has pictures of the event, and a screenshot of an email of his invitation to the event, but apparently he took it from Twitter.

Back