• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I’ve listened to it, and I’ve gotta say, I’m disappointed that Brandon didn’t try to incorporate the power levels. In my opinion it was the cheat sheet, the cheat code, for an easy and well deserved hype moment for when Bardock goes Super Saiyan.

Picture it, lyrics resounding, screaming, resonating, harmonizing as Bardock ascends into the Legend, guitar playing the most mind boggling riffs since Wings of Iron:

“10,000…40,000…102,000250,000500,000!”

(For context, in Solid State Scouter, the song featured power levels made in increasingly haunting tones for Bardock and his enemies throughout the special. Eventually, it ramps up to its most haunting and suddenly cuts—At 530,000, Frieza’s power level in his First Form. This is also where Bardock dies, to show just how unbelievably outclassed every lifeform was in comparison to the Emperor and highlight the Saiyan’s tragedy. By having Bardock’s be the triumphant and hype power level rise, it’d be the equal opposite and highlight both how the Super Saiyan would’ve overcome Frieza, bring weight to the increase it gives, and outright “undo” the loss the Saiyan people suffered since Bardock now has access to power that allows him to defeat Frieza. Contrasting the tyranny of the Emperor with the Vengeance of the Saiyan people.)

(…At least until Nolan beats Bardock from really faulty Sundisk scaling and not giving him the Planet Vegeta feat, if the rumors are true.)

It would work also perfectly for Bardock’s death, descending, if Nolan was to win. Similar to Hyourinjutsu’s Ginyu (Bardock) V Namek Arrival Goku, or the power levels of Planet Vegeta falling to zero in DBS: Broly. “500,000…250,000…102,000…40,00010,0000.”

In a sympathetic direct mirror to Frieza (which could add perhaps a reference to Final Formers, or F). The same death but from a person who can relate (and played in reverse—Descending in power), showing Bardock was destined to die as his Visions foretold. The Warrior of Fate, unable to change his own. Literally peak fiction, strewn to the wayside for an (admittedly sick) Omni-Lander reference/basis.

That said, the song is still really ******* awesome. I just am disappointed in the lack of what I always considered the best part of Solid State Scouter (outside of the song itself being really ******* banger.)

I’ve listened to it, and I’ve gotta say, I’m disappointed that Brandon didn’t try to incorporate the power levels. In my opinion it was the cheat sheet, the cheat code, for an easy and well deserved hype moment for when Bardock goes Super Saiyan.

Picture it, lyrics resounding, screaming, resonating, harmonizing as Bardock ascends into the Legend, guitar playing the most mind boggling riffs since Wings of Iron:

“10,000…40,000…102,000250,000500,000!”

(For context, in Solid State Scouter, the song featured power levels made in increasingly haunting tones for Bardock and his enemies throughout the special. Eventually, it ramps up to its most haunting and suddenly cuts—At 530,000, Frieza’s power level in his First Form. This is also where Bardock dies, to show just how unbelievably outclassed every lifeform was in comparison to the Emperor and highlight the Saiyan’s tragedy. By having Bardock’s be the triumphant and hype power level rise, it’d be the equal opposite and highlight both how the Super Saiyan would’ve overcome Frieza, bring weight to the increase it gives, and outright “undo” the loss the Saiyan people suffered since Bardock now has access to power that allows him to defeat Frieza. Contrasting the tyranny of the Emperor with the Vengeance of the Saiyan people.)

(…At least until Nolan beats Bardock from really faulty Sundisk scaling and not giving him the Planet Vegeta feat, if the rumors are true.)

It would work also perfectly for Bardock’s death, descending, if Nolan was to win. Similar to Hyourinjutsu’s Ginyu (Bardock) V Namek Arrival Goku, or the power levels of Planet Vegeta falling to zero in DBS: Broly. “500,000…250,000…102,000…40,00010,0000.”

In a sympathetic direct mirror to Frieza (which could add perhaps a reference to Final Formers, or F). The same death but from a person who can relate (and played in reverse—Descending in power), showing Bardock was destined to die as his Visions foretold. The Warrior of Fate, unable to change his own. Literally peak fiction, strewn to the wayside for an (admittedly sick) Omni-Lander reference/basis.

That said, the song is still really ******* awesome. I just am disappointed in the lack of what I always considered the best part of Solid State Scouter (outside of the song itself being really ******* banger.)
Bro gave more thought to the lyrics then the research team did for the episode (if leaks are true)

Hmm, Sequel OSTs are neat, but would it have been better if the track was fully original? Maybe this is preference thing.

tcT80Ls.png

80 minutes until I see another dead monkey man or a dead formicophile.

Honestly, it's a bit weird that they'd use the sun disk since it's only been brought up during the waiting period, why wouldn't they use the viltrum feat, considering you can get legit star level calcs from that

What calc puts the Viltrum bust at star level? People calc KE from the debris from the exit cause the resulting explosion is from a destabilized core from the Infinity Ray.

Not to mention I don't think Viltrum's size was confirmed. Only larger than Earth.

Ngl if they actually validate the leaks, I'll forever look at them sideways
It's wild how every one else, reddit, youtube, this site, all call Death Battle out on their shit yet everything I've heard about their discord tells me it's an echo chamber where openly disagreeing and confronting a staff member can get you a warning no matter how nice you are

Ngl, I do not care about the outcome that much (I personally only kinda want Onmi-man to win cause I like him more) but I do hope DB gives it to Bardock cause this thread is gonna be very unfun to read if Omni-man does win.

It's wild how every one else, reddit, youtube, this site, all call Death Battle out on their shit yet everything I've heard about their discord tells me it's an echo chamber where openly disagreeing and confronting a staff member can get you a warning no matter how nice you are
This is why we to an extent are blowing hot air despite valid concerns.

At least with Bill's statements about multiversal are all backed by credible characters in the show + the author writing a whole book about him.

I'd rather Supreme, Omnipotus, or Spawn scaling over the ******* sun disc. It's so bad.
what were the complaints about the sun disk again? Wasn't it destroyed by a lasar? I recall there being a way to calc the size

AjBruXN_d.webp

Couldn't you angsize the distance to the planet in the last panel, and reuse that distance on the top panel to angsize the disk size? Or is that calcstacking here?

what were the complaints about the sun disk again? Wasn't it destroyed by a lasar? I recall there being a way to calc the size
The size is so calc dependent. There's so many different ways to calc it because there's actually no official size to even draw from, just perspective. And the sun disc looks different when the reader's perspective changes.

It looks relative in size to the ship shooting it down. The ship seems a lot closer to the sun disc, yet the planet is around the same size.

Not to mention this panel is the only thing you see of the disc breaking apart. Notably that piece off the side.

Other complaints include making an assumption that Omniman scales above because of a statement saying Viltrumites are the most powerful.

Narratively makes no sense for some Coalition ship to output star levels of power. Viltrum would be one shotted with ease. Yet they needed the Infinity Ray + timing + 3 Viltrumites together to actually destroy Viltrum. And the planet only blew because the core was destabilized.

Honestly, it's a bit weird that they'd use the sun disk since it's only been brought up during the waiting period, why wouldn't they use the viltrum feat, considering you can get legit star level calcs from that
apparently it brought up awhile back we're just now learned about it a few weeks ago

Back