• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

You know, the mini discussion about Playstation All Stars reminds me how it had one aspect that I wish showed up in more of these crossover fighting games. And that’s the stage backgrounds being a mix of two different settings. Like how a stage for Ratchet and Clank stage starts off normal but halfway through the fight the hydra from GoW busts in or how the Uncharted Stage that took place on a plan suddenly had Songbird and a blimp from Bioshock Infinite pop up in the background. It really made the stages unique.

Imagine playing Multiversus and the Townsville stage had Vilgax’s armada suddenly invade mid fight. Or you’d be playing on the Batcave stage just for Godzilla to suddenly slam through the roof before going back to fight King Ghidorah. Or even a Mars stage for Looney Toons that has the Iron Giant robot armada pop up. I am really shocked that nobody else has ever tried to use that kind of stage mechanic again.

What if you played Smash and Ridley showed up on the Xenoverse stage and began fighting Metal Face in the background? That would be cool as hell.

Last edited:
I assume its simplier to show stages from a character series instead of mix them up

Details in background arent cheap to do, like have characters move around and all and i doubt multiversus will put that level of detail

Last edited:
I assume its simplier to show stages from a character series instead of mix them up

Details in background are cheap to do, like have characters move around and all and i doubt multiversus will put that level of detail
Still, it’s crazy that only PSABR has only ever done it. The stage’s soundtrack would even change into a remix that incorporated both settings into it. Really wish something like that happened again.

As neat as PSABR stage crossovers were, I feel like simpler stages wouldve worked. Crossover stages would be better for story mode.

You know, the mini discussion about Playstation All Stars reminds me how it had one aspect that I wish showed up in more of these crossover fighting games. And that’s the stage backgrounds being a mix of two different settings. Like how a stage would Ratchet and Clank stage starts off normal but halfway through the fight the hydra from GoW busts in or how the Uncharted Stage that took place on a plan suddenly had Songbird and a blimp from Bioshock Infinite pop up in the background. It really made the stages unique.

Imagine playing Multiversus and the Townsville stage had Vilgax’s armada suddenly invade mid fight. Or you’d be playing on the Batcave stage just for Godzilla to suddenly slam through the roof before going back to fight King Ghidorah. Or even a Mars stage for Looney Toons that has the Iron Giant robot armada pop up. I am really shocked that nobody else has ever tried to use that kind of stage mechanic again.

What if you played Smash and Ridley showed up on the Xenoverse stage and began fighting Metal Face in the background? That would be cool as hell.
Moments like that were why PSASBR is one of my favorite crossover fighters - should be done more often since some like Marvel vs Capcom (namely 1, 3, and Infinite), and Jump Force have done something similar. It'd be fun to see that more - from say seeing Eggman stealing a 1Up Mushroom in the Mushroom Kingdom while parakoopas fight his Egg Pawns or Bambina throwing mountain tops through the downtown areas in DragonBall

anyways the opener of th 24 season is omnidock
day-29-thoughts-on-bardock-vs-omni-man-dragon-ball-vs-v0-epc1gq5rs4eb1.png

anyways the opener of th 24 season is omnidock
day-29-thoughts-on-bardock-vs-omni-man-dragon-ball-vs-v0-epc1gq5rs4eb1.png
The premier will be Omni-Man vs Bardock.
To no one’s surprise. The episode is gonna be peak although I do wish they waited longer for Invincible to possibly give more non-comic stuff to Nolan, but the show was in dire straits and Omnilander was stupidly popular so it had to happen.

Fun enough, I do remember that people were disappointed that Omni-man fought Homelander instead of Bardock back in S9. I wonder if that helped them to bring back Nolan fast and the views he did last time

SSJ Bardock being included probably means that Nolan is going to overpower Great Ape Bardock in the animation tho
or cut off his tail plus ya gotta make it close
Well I can't wait to see Bardock slaughter Nolan because let's face it: Nolan doesn't really have much advantages over Bardock except for experience/combat IQ, even Nolan's speed won't do much considering Super Saiyan makes Bardock immensely faster then Nolan
the only question is the ap i wonder
theres this feat i hear tosse around the server
re-reading-invincible-universe-part-33-invincible-v0-ljlk6wl005gc1.png

SSJ Bardock being included probably means that Nolan is going to overpower Great Ape Bardock in the animation tho
To be fair: the animation and the fights themselves are just for entertainment and don't reflect what would actually happen in a fight. Some examples would be SpongeBob vs Aquaman or even Omni Man vs Homelander where despite SpongeBob and Nolan being vastly superior to their opponents, their opponents are able to able to somewhat fight back despite the stat gaps.

Now I don't know where they're going to scale Bardock and Nolan so the gap may not be as extreme as the aforementioned examples, but I'm just saying that the fight animation is purely just for entertainment.

theres this feat i hear tosse around the server
re-reading-invincible-universe-part-33-invincible-v0-ljlk6wl005gc1.png
So Nolan basically tanked an attack powered by a star? Aren't feats like this usually viewed with scrutiny or depend on context since something being powered by a star doesn't always equate to it being star level in capabilities?

Besides, going by our Toei profiles anyway, Ssj Bardock is Large Star Level

So Nolan basically tanked an attack powered by a star? Aren't feats like this usually viewed with scrutiny or depend on context since something being powered by a star doesn't always equate to it being star level in capabilities?

Besides, going by our Toei profiles anyway, Ssj Bardock is Large Star Level
No the feat in question is the solar disc feat
The context is Nolan and his fellow viltrutmites had to find a way of neutralizing the rognarrs so Nolan came up with the idea of creating a solar disk to block the sun rays from reaching the planet therefore freezing the rognarrs
The crew ended up blowing the disc up

The issue of the feat is whether did Nolan moved the disk itself or needed help of some means to move it

I feel like Nolan will be at least 5-A possibly 4-C with MFTL+ speed while Bardock will be 5-A in base, High 5-A/Low 4-C as a great ape and 4-C/High 4-C as a SSj with MFTL speed in base and great ape (MFTL+ as a SSj).

Nolan gets the stamina, IQ, BIQ, experience advantage but Bardocks AP, durability and versatility will likely overwhelm Omni-Man with speed being roughly even, that's how I see it being portrayed in DB.

No the feat in question is the solar disc feat
The context is Nolan and his fellow viltrutmites had to find a way of neutralizing the rognarrs so Nolan came up with the idea of creating a solar disk to block the sun rays from reaching the planet therefore freezing the rognarrs
The crew ended up blowing the disc up

The issue of the feat is whether did Nolan moved the disk itself or needed help of some means to move it
Oh wait my mistake
The feat the crew using a ship to nuke the disc that gets Nolan to dwarf star

Back