• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

When does the first episode of the latest Death Battle season releases? When will the next episode be announced?

I don't think Eggman's hammerspace hax or whatever is really of much help personally. Bowser has morr methods to do so and I find his examples much better plus his good hax abilities aren't reliant on equipment as much as Eggie. Kamek specifically loves ******* with inventories and the Phantom Ruby even Bowser would be smart enough to recognize as a power source and wanna steal it, which he's done as plots for like three whole games at least.

Eggman's smarts are like his biggest advantage, yeah. That's why I personally think it's closer and more debatable. If he was as dumb as Bowser I would be way more confident in Bowser winning.

Of course, I'm Team Bowser though.

I don't think Eggman's hammerspace hax or whatever is really of much help personally. Bowser has morr methods to do so and I find his examples much better plus his good hax abilities aren't reliant on equipment as much as Eggie. Kamek specifically loves ******* with inventories and the Phantom Ruby even Bowser would be smart enough to recognize as a power source and wanna steal it, which he's done as plots for like three whole games at least.

Eggman's smarts are like his biggest advantage, yeah. That's why I personally think it's closer and more debatable. If he was as dumb as Bowser I would be way more confident in Bowser winning.

Of course, I'm Team Bowser though.
TBH Kamek and other Magikoopas are reliant on their wands to do any of their hax take those away and they can't do much. Also, the inventory flip-flop spell isn't that fast and seemingly dodgeable the only reason it hit Mario is because it's a turn-based game.

You could also say the same for Eggman He is going to be instantly intrigued the moment he lays eyes on the Dream Stone and might try to get it.

Bowser is just going to swallow the stone again probably. Speaking of, that's something he can do to any equipment he sees Eggman using granted it isn't too big unless he goes Giant. He can also seal them away in bubbles or through the various means of sealing he has at his disposal with his magic, equipment, or minions. Tmk only the Emeralds explicitly resist some of his hax and he can't just give them to all of his troops

Boos are still going to be a pester as well. I know Eggman can capture incorporeal beings in Capsules but we really don't know the context towards how afaik and it's not like the Boos (especially King Boo) are gonna just let that happen. They got more shown powers displayed than the ones Eggman's caught. Don't think the capsules suppress abilities of those inside of them either. What's stopping them from TPing out even if they get trapped? It's a physical containment tmk nothing else special about it.

I just feel like Eggman's arguments rely on things exactly working out in his favor while Bowser's entire army just let shit happen to them.

Is Super Why and Word girl still being streamed on television? Like, I watched those shows when I was a little kid, like, before I was 13 pretty sure so like... more than 6 years ago if I am counting correctly? (I can't count) I was too poor to afford Direct TV or the other red TV service.

It is entirely possible that people that scale to my age are the ones submitting these matchups because for some reason they want to see the cartoons they watched as kids kill each other (Tbh that sounds like an average edgy teen activity, though I wasn't doing that at 19, I was doing that at like, 13-15)

Oh yeah reminds me I don't think the Vibe Scepter is given it's due as optional equipment for Bowser. Might have to fix that. It's actually another funny thing he has Eggman doesn't really have counters to

I just feel like Eggman's arguments rely on things exactly working out in his favor while Bowser's entire army just let shit happen to them.
This really is ironic because I feel the same way except reversed most of Bowser's argument relies on him making OOC stuff like spamming hax or stuff like that when most of the time he fights pretty simply and like a brawler, not a wizard and Eggman and army just standing there like a rock letting it happen.

I think that's a really shoddy way of looking at it.

Bowser sucks things up and eats shit consistently regardless of his brawler status. Literally the one major game you play as him has him utilize the vacuum in VS. and in Galaxy 2 he just decided to up and consume Grand Stars and was eating away at the Observatory's/Rosalina's power. Bowser also consistently steals shit and de-powers people in many plots, we just don't typically see it in action so people conveniently forget it. In Bowser's Fury his final battle has him TK the sacred power-ups you used to fight him and seal them up, effectively yet again taking away a power source. In 3D World the first thing he does up on seeing the Sprixies is to seal them up and then does it again when they're all together after being freed. In 64 he combines stealing power sources and giving them to minions with sealing Peach and her servants away. In Yoshi's Island he's turned it into a storybook before for funsies as a child. Just because his boss fights typically don't involve intense magical showdowns doesn't mean he literally doesn't use his magic in almost every game he's in. Even in tbe older games arguably he's responsible for the minions disguised as him and the toads turned into bricks thing.

I think that's a really shoddy way of looking at it.

Bowser sucks things up and eats shit consistently regardless of his brawler status. Literally the one major game you play as him has him utilize the vacuum in VS. and in Galaxy 2 he just decided to up and consume Grand Stars and was eating away at the Observatory's/Rosalina's power. Bowser also consistently steals shit and de-powers people in many plots, we just don't typically see it in action so people conveniently forget it. In Bowser's Fury his final battle has him TK the sacred power-ups you used to fight him and seal them up, effectively yet again taking away a power source. In 3D World the first thing he does up on seeing the Sprixies is to seal them up and then does it again when they're all together after being freed. In 64 he combines stealing power sources and giving them to minions with sealing Peach and her servants away. In Yoshi's Island he's turned it into a storybook before for funsies as a child. Just because his boss fights typically don't involve intense magical showdowns doesn't mean he literally doesn't use his magic in almost every game he's in. Even in tbe older games arguably he's responsible for the minions disguised as him and the toads turned into bricks thing.
By "hax," I didn't mean his ability to inhale; rather, I meant his ability to transform, clone, seal, and various other things. While he has used these abilities, how often have we seen him use them in a battle compared to his usual behavior? If he behaved as many supporters of Bowser believe he does, M&L would be in screwed, the plot to BiS would have been extremely simple, and he would have prevailed far more often.

Even with the Star Rod and Dream Stone tools/items, which could accomplish everything he could imagine, Bowser continued to use simple ass claw attacks, fire attacks, and a few additional abilities that were nowhere near as dangerous as those items can be. Like he had every opportunity to erase M&L and he never did he only tried once then stopped trying after he failed.

The point I'm making is this how likely would Bowser use his top-tier hax in the fight before Eggman does his?

Last edited:
ftr I dont think Bowser / Kamek's inventory manipulation would help a huge lot against Eggman. Eggman has access to Forcejewels (which can steal, swap, shuffle items) and Blockite (which prevents your items from being stolen or altered) and has his own inventory manipulation stuff via Sonic Shuffle that both give him his own inventory manipulating abilities (he's capable of transforming things like your cards into useless Eggman versions). Eggman's one of the sources in the game that can give you said items to begin with, so he'd definitely have access to them and be able to disperse them among his army.

I'm actually not sure if Bowser himself directly has a way to resist having his items stolen like Eggman can with Blockite (unless I'm forgetting a random item in one of the Mario Party games ig, theres a lot of them), so that could be a pretty major issue against Bowser of Eggman being able to resist/prevent his shit from being jacked for longer than Bowser can.

Practicality wise Eggman should stomp. He has planet destroying laser, Bowser does not have range to match that without VS memery. Am I missing sth, but King Boo, Kamek & Bowser Jr do not have have anything to match that range wise? Hell, is King Boo's sealing actually just slamming people into paintings? Its what he did in LM3. Kamek had spell that reached Peach's castle, maybe sth else too from Party games? Jr just hasnt done any huge range feats either. Wonder Flower is also ngl not a good argument. Its effects are random you know? Sure he could absorb Eggman's army... or turn into a Goomba lol.

Obviously this ignores stats and shit, but you need to give Bowser far more benefit of doubt. Unfortunately for here thats basically what other communities seem to think, that Bowser just outstats.

Also Sonic Shuffle items are waaay too new discussion topic I saw you Sonic thread starting to look at them for VS lol no way are they considered for BowserEggman debate.

Also Bowser's seals vary in usefulness, it depends on what seals you think he'd go for. Ones like the seals he used in Bowser's Fury aren't gonna help him much here because they can be directly broken by physical force, and he was literally defeated by having those seals smashed against his face in combat LOL.

Something like King Boo's painting sealing would probably be more problematic than that.

Practicality wise Eggman should stomp. He has planet destroying laser, Bowser does not have range to match that without VS memery. Am I missing sth, but King Boo, Kamek & Bowser Jr do not have have anything to match that range wise? Hell, is King Boo's sealing actually just slamming people into paintings? Its what he did in LM3. Kamek had spell that reached Peach's castle, maybe sth else too from Party games? Jr just hasnt done any huge range feats either. Wonder Flower is also ngl not a good argument. Its effects are random you know? Sure he could absorb Eggman's army... or turn into a Goomba lol.

Obviously this ignores stats and shit, but you need to give Bowser far more benefit of doubt. Unfortunately for here thats basically what other communities seem to think, that Bowser just outstats.

Also Sonic Shuffle items are waaay too new discussion topic I saw you Sonic thread starting to look at them for VS lol no way are they considered for BowserEggman debate.
HEY !!!! I've had notes on these things for a while now lol! Sonic Shuffle items have been on Sonic's VSBW profiles for years (under "optional equipment" though), and I looked through some of these items sometime last year. I'm sure they were definitely looked at a while back for the episode. If I was researching Bowser vs Eggman and Mario Party shit kept coming up that was important, I'd 100% look through Sonic's equivalent to Mario Party and see what of use would come up.

Back