• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I got an image of that split second teaser.
image0.jpg

And whats this 4-A mumbo jumbo from him?

And yes as highlighted by the G1 blog, he literally has very few feats and instead relies on off-panel/screen statements and reactions. I believe he was intentionally written like that too, making fun of the "cosmic overlord/final boss" trope but instead of being a big deal, he's essentially a living side quest that's pops outta nowhere, doesn't get a proper full fight and then the plot just continues on like nothing happened lol! (S2 of Invincible pretty much highlighting this perfectly)

And yes as highlighted by the G1 blog, he literally has very few feats and instead relies on off-panel/screen statements and reactions. I believe he was intentionally written like that too, making fun of the "cosmic overlord/final boss" trope but instead of being a big deal, he's essentially a living side quest that's pops outta nowhere, doesn't get a proper full fight and then the plot just continues on like nothing happened lol! (S2 of Invincible pretty much highlighting this perfectly)
Bros literally potential man tho

Omnipotus was in S2?

Ah yeah, his whole fight/existence was off-screen, no?

So, what incited those edgy authors to make Omnipotus an off-screen "side quest final boss"?
Did they just dislike it being high stakes for high stakes' sake? Didn't want to complicate the power levels or the cosmology or hierarchy? Felt it was too unscientific or something? Did they just only care about writing sappy character drama? Were their better artists not feeling up to the challenge & lacking the energy for it?

Back