• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I remember when MvCI had rumors of Asura DLC. And that was long time ago, man.
Yeah folks wanted him to clash with Hulk epic brawler style possibly have Thor jump in too and turn it into a cosmic battle royale of godly propositions but M(CU)vCI dropped the ball and them some (Dante's face was just so off, the storymode was all over the place and don't get me started on Chun-Li's original face model... ugh!).

Shame really, there was potential for a great game with good fanservice from playable Jedah, Monster Hunter, X, Black Partner, etc to the unique combo special Cap and Bucky have.

Personally I'll will always prefer a bad but meme fuel/quirky game over both a disappointing game of wasted potential and an incomplete game with missing content/features.

Yeah folks wanted him to clash with Hulk epic brawler style possibly have Thor jump in too and turn it into a cosmic battle royale of godly propositions but M(CU)vCI dropped the ball and them some (Dante's face was just so off and don't get me started on Chun-Li's original face model... ugh!).

Shame really there was potential for a great game with good fanservice from playable Jedah, Monster Hunter and Black Partner to the special combo special Cap and Bucky have. I'll will always prefer a bad but meme fuel/quirky game over a disappointing game of wasted potential.
Leave it to Capcom to drop the ball. At least the Ultron and Sigma collab was peak. Absolutely inspired.

Personally I'll will always prefer a bad but meme fuel/quirky game over both a disappointing game of wasted potential and an incomplete game with missing content/features.
I dunno whats optimal between these, but if game has some merits, even if small, I dont think thats too bad.
gonna be real i feel Death battle is in a weird hole in terms of mu
Ive felt like DB has done a lot of the obvious good MUs. And KS used even more, so we might reach the point of them starting to use more new or niche MUs.

Ofc, there might still be a lot of "basic bitch-ass" MUs left, like Zero vs Meta Knight. Would using these be bad? They might not be super hype.

How did a game like Asura's Wrath sell so unsuccessfully? It's like one of the coolest games you might ever experience.
If I had to guess: while Asura's Wrath is amazing to play visually, I think that it's one of those games that you can realistically watch a video of and still get the same entertainment value. As someone who's played the game to its end, and the DLC, the biggest issue the game has is that it lacks a lot of substance.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun and it's bat shit insane, but you couldn't tell me with a straight face that the game has the same level of complexity and nuance to it as something like Devil May Cry or even God of War for that matter.

How did a game like Asura's Wrath sell so unsuccessfully? It's like one of the coolest games you might ever experience.
If I had to guess: while Asura's Wrath is amazing to play visually, I think that it's one of those games that you can realistically watch a video of and still get the same entertainment value. As someone who's played the game to its end, and the DLC, the biggest issue the game has is that it lacks a lot of substance.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun and it's bat shit insane, but you couldn't tell me with a straight face that the game has the same level of complexity and nuance to it as something like Devil May Cry or even God of War for that matter.
Also retrospective response too, like how Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 06 and the gen 5 Pokémon games only got major positive reception years after they released (usually caused by bandwagon clout chases moving on to hate on other games and the moderate majority giving "bad games" a 2nd chance without the irony poisoning of a social media influencer/game critic).

“You see, Kratos is actually 80 billion times stronger than Asura.”
Shows Asura punching planet and Kratos punching some wolves
They're probably gonna have to use the primordial scaling to justify Kratos winning to the casuals. It's the biggest visual feat we've seen in the series besides maybe Ragnorak

They're probably gonna have to use the primordial scaling to justify Kratos winning to the casuals. It's the biggest visual feat we've seen in the series besides maybe Ragnorak
Idk why people are even trying to argue about visual feats vs lore Death Battle showed they take lore into account with Dragonborn vs Chosen Undead. I don’t recall Dovahkiin shaking the universe in my Skyrim play through yet I don’t recall people having a problem with that scaling when that episode was coming out.

Idk why people are even trying to argue about visual feats vs lore Death Battle showed they take lore into account with Dragonborn vs Chosen Undead. I don’t recall Dovahkiin shaking the universe in my Skyrim play through yet I don’t recall people having a problem with that scaling when that episode was coming out.
Either bias or frankly maybe casuals are so dumb they didnt realize how strong they made CU & Dragonborn lol

Hell, maybe majority legit just skip to the fight.

Who'd be a good match

for ***** sakes it already been explained
Chosen Undead vs Dragon Born was done by initially comparing feats on screen between the two and the latter was still superior on that front the lore stuff was icing on the cake for his victory.

Asura vs Kratos is a different ballgame here
It's game of Show vs Tell
Asura has shit to show you he's a Cosmic heavyweight vs Kratos inconsistent lore to tell you he's there where visually wise he's not even close

Last edited:
for ***** sakes it already been explained
Chosen Undead vs Dragon Born was done by initially comparing feats on screen between the two and the latter was still superior on that front the lore stuff was icing on the cake for his victory.

Asura vs Kratos is a different ballgame here
It's game of Show vs Tell
Asura has shit to tell you he's a Cosmic heavyweight vs Kratos inconsistent lore to tell you he's there where visually wise he's not even close
So you're saying it's just like Billcord.................................

So you're saying it's just like Billcord.................................
Probably tho difference Bill shown when he was trying to ford to join him what he could do if he took down the shield for bil and Co and wee Bill growing bigger than the planet and eating part of it as well making ford bigger than a Galaxy

Yeah folks wanted him to clash with Hulk epic brawler style possibly have Thor jump in too and turn it into a cosmic battle royale of godly propositions but M(CU)vCI dropped the ball and them some (Dante's face was just so off, the storymode was all over the place and don't get me started on Chun-Li's original face model... ugh!).

Shame really, there was potential for a great game with good fanservice from playable Jedah, Monster Hunter, X, Black Partner, etc to the unique combo special Cap and Bucky have.

Tbf Capcom had hands tied with Marvel back then, they tried to cap on MCU hype but ran into IP ownership movie wise were Fox and such were out of table

Plus Namco killed the game with fighter Z giving everything MvCI had plus more, with a popular IP done by the best anime 2D fighters

Just hope with the collection out MvC4 will have Marvel be more lenient

Back