• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

image0.jpg

No Xander Mobus or pseudonym, this episode is garbage already. Someone hand me the rope

People trying to use random details to predict the outcome of the fight is simultaneously one of the dumbest and funniest things going on in this thread.

They almost sound like those made up meme stand abilities you see on Twitter.

"My stand, Midnight Dream, can summon unlimited Elephants as a long I drink a Snapple before 8:36 PM on Thursday!"

People trying to use random details to predict the outcome of the fight is simultaneously one of the dumbest and funniest things going on in this thread.

They almost sound like those made up meme stand abilities you see on Twitter.

"My stand, Midnight Dream, can summon unlimited Elephants as a long I drink a Snapple before 8:36 PM on Thursday!"
hq720.jpg
Then it leaves the jobro looking like this

Daaaaamn... Giokler might just be as controversial as Barman if DB doesn't explain the verdict well (they won't)

TBH, I pondered the way this matchup could start recently.

Homelander: "I know I hired you as my personal trainer, but I can't let you do this!"
Sportacus: "I'm concerned for your health, & if I have to, I will! Drinking this much milk isn't healthy, John!"
Homelander: "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STOP ME!!!"

Or something like that. IDK if it's kind of cringe.

TBH, I pondered the way this matchup could start recently.

Homelander: "I know I hired you as my personal trainer, but I can't let you do this!"
Sportacus: "I'm concerned for your health, & if I have to, I will! Drinking this much milk isn't healthy, John!"
Homelander: "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STOP ME!!!"

Or something like that. IDK if it's kind of cringe.
Would homelander even hire a personal trainer given his ego?

Okay I played the new script Sonic Generations and without looking what old comments said yeah, technically they removed some parts that said Time Eater "erases time and space" with "travels through time", but they also had Tails & Eggman talk that "T: But the more your monster tears through the timeline, the more damage you do to it. E: So? Im going to erase that line and reshape it as I see fit!" So ehhhh its not really that blatant retcon?

Also Gerald's Journal that came with disc has another mention that Chaos Emerald can bend the reality to one's will, which kinda further solidifies Emeroods actually having reality warping powers too.

Would homelander even hire a personal trainer given his ego?
Maybe. I recall a scene where he shows disgust that he's aging.

He seems to care about appearance, & wanting to work out is common in mid-life crisises, which, by definition, tend to be when someone is middle-aged.
Plus, he's a celebrity.

& he might resent humanity, but he can show... appreciation for other supes, so he might see some merit in a personal trainer who's a superhero.

But yeah. Maybe as a nutrition advisor or such would be more plausible?
Or it's just a random encounter & Sportacus tells Homelander how unhealthy the huge milkshake he's drinking is.

Does Sportacus mind if he sees people eat or drink unhealthy stuff? I mean once in a while cant hurt even irl, as long as its not in high ammounts

If Homelander is to hire him, it would be to have him see the guy drink milk too much and from there it can start a fight

Okay I played the new script Sonic Generations and without looking what old comments said yeah, technically they removed some parts that said Time Eater "erases time and space" with "travels through time", but they also had Tails & Eggman talk that "T: But the more your monster tears through the timeline, the more damage you do to it. E: So? Im going to erase that line and reshape it as I see fit!" So ehhhh its not really that blatant retcon?

Also Gerald's Journal that came with disc has another mention that Chaos Emerald can bend the reality to one's will, which kinda further solidifies Emeroods actually having reality warping powers too.
Ian REALLY doesn't like space mentions, but yeah, as you said nothing really changes. People are just nitpicking the change from "world" to "timeline" (which ironically makes universal or above Time Eater more blatant). This doesn't really matter because the Japanese script is the same, too.

Jokers Advantages:
• Infinitely stronger regardless of high or low ends
• Immensely faster at low ends, and can match Giorno’s highest speed argument and surpass it with stat buffs
• Far more skilled and experienced, and possesses theoretically far greater knowledge via Personas
• Resists his willpower being returned to zero
• Has multiple arguments to resist Return to Zero itself, as well as bypassing it completely
• Possesses strong win conditions even if he lacks resistance to Return to Zero
• Capable of resisting and escaping the death loop if it lands
• Has far greater versatility due to his many more hax options
• Better stamina and recovery options
• Has experience against reality and time bending opponents
• Can make himself immune to Giorno and GER’s attacks via skills and the Omnipotent Orb
• Is probably going to get another 3 spin-offs before Atlus drops Persona 6
• Managed to attract the attention of the Goddess of Fertility by simply being that good of a womanizer
• Actually has a “Jo” in his name

Jokers Disadvantages:
• Cannot resist his defense being returned to zero
• Generally has worse showings of being a tactical fighter by comparison
• Anime is dogshit
• Persona 5 fans don’t play Persona 5
• 2/14

Back