• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Comprehensive DC Comics Revision: Clearing up everything Monitor-related

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Animal Man issue, stories do not actually occur in Limbo. Animal Man was there due to having learned the Three Secrets of Creation, and everyone else was just a denizen. Additionally, the Writer avatar of Grant Morrison intended that to occur. Also the monkey that wrote the script of reality in the same issue. Obviously rules are different for beings like Writer avatars.

Pretty sure this is somewhat referenced in Superman Beyond, where Merryman says the Book of Infinite Pages was written by a Monkey and whatnot.

@Elizio

This particular thread? Nope. Since there's not actual confirmation that the Bleed is what Snyder was referring to when talking about the 5th Dimension flowing through every part of the Multiverse, even if it makes sense.

@Yobo

Thanks for the info.

@Wokistan

Sorry I missed your first comment, Ultima hit the nail on the head. In addition, Monitor-Mind defines itself as everything the Flaw is not, meaning creation is more floating in it than part of it.

@Catalyst

The Source is straight 1-A, yes. There will be a revision for DC's God at some point. I don't know if you saw the last thread about the Presence but there was a lot of important info presented that isn't taken into account on the profiles right now.

Very good Type 4 Acausality maybe?

Or some form of resistence.

Or it could be looked at as an outlier/PIS.

@POTM

Is this a reasonable conclusion?

Honestly, no idea. My first instinct is that it seems kind of weird to dole out resistances just for operating in Limbo. Would be kind of like doing the same for every Dragon Ball character that fought in the Tournament of Power.

At the same time though, other individuals like Captain Marvel are indeed negatively affected by it, and Limbo is very different in nature from the world of void.

I think Acasuality would probably be more accurate but it depends on how its treated and how others have been effected (Like what Yobo said).

You have a point, but I don't know enough about when Type 4 Acausality is applied to profiles to give a good response. Need more input from someone that knows more about that kind of thing.

Is there anything you know of that could upgrade the New Gods then ?

Also if I didn't say it before I do agree with the revision. But I do have one major problem:

I'm not sur where to treat the Retcon Corps in all this...

Well, if it lacks a story, time, matter, music, and concepts/duality, it is likely a feat of Plot, Conceptual, Time, and Void Resistances.

@Seed

Nope. Idk if you saw, but there have been people that brought up 1-A New Gods in the past and it was already judged to be not enough evidence. As for the Corps, Ultima has a profile draft for them already.

@Yobo

I'm unsure, since it's not like there's active plot/time manipulation trying to act on them in Limbo. Concept manipulation definitely doesn't apply though, since Limbo doesn't lack those.

Well.

It's hard to say. I assume that Limbo should lack concepts though, since lesser ones like the one Flash (Wally West) (Post-Crisis) gets his Resistance from do. At the very least, there's a resistance to memory manipulation displayed as that was the primary symptom of those entertaining limbo who didn't resist.

This may actually be a good time to mention the stuff I found in Animal Man's Morrison Run, if you're up for that.

DC Comics characters exist as the reader perceives them. Essentially, what I mean by this is that A. What the reader sees is all that actually occurs. Characters within the story and plot framework within DC perceive themselves as having a past and future, but these things do not actually exist. When a character remembers something or predicts something, these past and future events are not actually occurring or things that have occurred. They themselves are unaware of this, because the events that occur like precognition and time travel are parts of the story that are occurring. This affects all individuals in DC who exist within the plot, and B. these things are continually replayed and become existent again as those who read the story that is DC Comics perceive them. Within the perspective of the writers and readers themselves, the plot exists independently from them as fiction and thus this fiction will continue to outlive them so long as they perpetuate it. These plots allow them to survive as long as the writer needs them to, as a sort of canon PIS.

So yeah, there's a lot to unpack here.

Low key this applies to all fictional characters

Okay, not even sure where to start. First thought is that this is so meta that I don't know if we should provide legitimate abilities/resistances based on it.

Im pretty like all that could only be applied to the Morrison Run Animal Man key.

Since only Animal Man in that key is meta enough for that to be accepted.

PsychoWarper said:
Im pretty like all that could only be applied to the Morrison Run Animal Man key.

Since only Animal Man in that key is meta enough for that to be accepted.
It was

So should the suggested changes start to be applied?

@POTM

Can you write a list of the exact titles for all the pages that you need unlocked?

@Yobo

Yeah, since it's a much wider subject than this thread covers.

@Ant

Mandrakk the Dark Monitor

The Thought Robot

Barbatos

The Monitor

Anti-Monitor

The Source

@POTM

I have unlocked the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

Thought Robot when from like 1-B, to 1-C, to High 1-B, to High 1-B (possible 1-A), to 1-B again... and now he's 1-A again.

Haven't seen this much of a roller coaster of tiers since Dante.

I've been talking with Ultima and we're both pretty sure that The Source and The Presence are one and the same. Or two aspects of the same thing.

@TPOM

Are you going to try and improve the Monitor profiles in the future? Also a Perpetua profile would be good.

>Sun Dipped could be 2-A

>That means P1M could also be 2-A

>Thought Robot is now straight up 1-A

>Original and Pre-Crisis could technically be the weakest mainstream Supermen (if you count Rebirth as both Flashpoint and Post-Crisis) and they're still 2-C

What a year.

We should also talk about the Dark Multiverse, Dream of the Endless and stuff. There's a lot to consider with this revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back