• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick revision for the Thought Robot/Mandrakk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deagonx

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This should be fairly easy. The Thought Robot currently has the "Reactive Evolution" ability, which covers the following:

• Developing new powers or abilities
  • Developing new resistances
  • Developing greater statistics. However, if this is the only way in which they "evolve", then Accelerated Development should be given instead to avoid redundancy.
I added the bolding. Throughout TR's fight with Mandrakk, he does not display obtaining new powers or abilities, or new resistances. The depiction of the fight just shows them punching each other and Superman using laser eyes. The narration used to support the idea that he has Reactive Evolution is just that he gets stronger throughout the fight, saying:

The stronger he becomes, the stronger I become to oppose him
Earlier, the Thought Robot is described as being "capable of adapting instantly to counter any future threat" but there's not any evidence to suggest this goes beyond him simply becoming stronger as he did throughout the fight with Mandrakk. Moreover, it's important to keep in mind that the person who said this is not a reliable narrator. The Thought Robot was the remnant of Overvoid's first contact with the flaw, and the Monitor culture grew around it. They didn't actually know what it was, and were afraid of it:

"Dread of the thing grows, rumor spreads. Only on the last day will it yield up its secrets, it is said."
So, the "Accelerated Development" is better suited for both of these profiles, unless there is some evidence that TR can literally develop a new power during a fight, but the fight is fairly short and it's the only fight TR ever had, so I don't think such evidence exists.

Also: Can we rename the "Mandrakk the Dark Monitor" page to just "Mandrakk?" I can't remember if he was ever actually called "the dark monitor" but it's not really part of his name, he's usually just referred to as "Mandrakk"

Last edited:
Strongly agree, this ability in particular has been highballed to high heavens for a while.
I added the bolding. Throughout TR's fight with Mandrakk, he does not display obtaining new powers or abilities, or new resistances. The depiction of the fight just shows them punching each other and Superman using laser eyes. The narration used to support the idea that he has Reactive Evolution is just that he gets stronger throughout the fight, saying:

Earlier, the Thought Robot is described as being "capable of adapting instantly to counter any future threat" but there's not any evidence to suggest this goes beyond him simply becoming stronger as he did throughout the fight with Mandrakk. Moreover, it's important to keep in mind that the person who said this is not a reliable narrator. The Thought Robot was the remnant of Overvoid's first contact with the flaw, and the Monitor culture grew around it. They didn't actually know what it was, and were afraid of it:
It might be worth putting a note regarding this [maybe with scans] in the profiles.

This should be fairly easy. The Thought Robot currently has the "Reactive Evolution" ability, which covers the following:

So, the "Accelerated Development" is better suited for both of these profiles, unless there is some evidence that TR can literally develop a new power during a fight, but the fight is fairly short and it's the only fight TR ever had, so I don't think such evidence exists.

Also: Can we rename the "Mandrakk the Dark Monitor" page to just "Mandrakk?" I can't remember if he was ever actually called "the dark monitor" but it's not really part of his name, he's usually just referred to as "Mandrakk"
Strongly agree with this.

Kinda off topic but should we just name “Mandrakk the dark monitor” to just “Dax Novu”? We have a Rox Ogama profile and he’s sometimes referred to as “Mandrakk” as well.
Personally I'd say Mandrakk is better, since that's what he is most commonly known and referred to as. Rox Ogama was relatively minor by comparison.

Reality Warping should be removed as well because he hasn't shown anything other than energy-based attacks. His sole theory was that he was meant to protect Existence. He’s “powerful” in a sense but his power may not have that much variety.

Last edited:
I think that Incorporeality, Intangibility and Concept Manipulation should be removed as well because he has not shown any of these abilities throughout the story. Even Abstract Existence is questionable without Morrison's interviews.
I think that comes from how he embodies the flaw:
(Is half of the extension of Monitor-Mind The Overvoid that examined the DC Multiverse. Exists in the archetypal Monitor world of Nil as pure thought, the "good" side of every conceptual dichotomy)

I think that comes from how he embodies the flaw:
Well that should be removed because it's not true. He is not half of the extention of Monitor-Mind The Overvoid, but is what remains after Dax Novu's contact with the flaw that contaminated him and split his personality in two according to the context given in the story.

for conceptual manipulation, i think is due to affecting the monitor sphere which from what i recall was a fundamental world world with primal forms, where narratives form around like crystals, and where form and meaning surrender to the overvoid

so i think it is a case of "you need those abilities to damage this kind of place"

incorporeality should remain too since he is made of pure thought in a world where form doesn't exist, intangibility is redudant and should've been removed a while ago lol

also, i think reality warping could come from him looking at limbo cuz like, did he move limbo into his finger tip or is limbo just, conventiently floating infront of him before he even walks, before dissapearing?

i dunno, we might be derailing from this QUICK revisions thread too

He didn't move Limbo, yeah, it's just floating there and he points at it.
No way… are you being serious? 😂 It’s insane how many misconceptions this character has around him.

I wonder, was this the basis for he and Mandrakk’s immeasurable lifting strength? If so, that may have to go too.

No way… are you being serious? 😂 It’s insane how many misconceptions this character has around him.

I wonder, was this the basis for he and Mandrakk’s immeasurable lifting strength? If so, that may have to go too.
Well, they are larger than the universes inhabiting the Orrery of Worlds, and they perceive them as "germ worlds". But if they actually exist as living thoughts, it shouldn't matter much.

Yeah and also do note that Bleed in any scale can destroy or create. Mandrakk was taunting Superman to get that in an elixir form to start the battle. He was not holding the “Bleed” itself.

Yeah and also do note that Bleed in any scale can destroy or create. Mandrakk was taunting Superman to get that in an elixir form to start the battle. He was not holding the “Bleed” itself.
Yeah, I know, but the Monitors claimed that they were the only ones capable of holding the Bleed (Bleed pieces), which wasn't true since Superman had proved them otherwise. In no way should this be considered a feat of lifting strength.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back