• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: A Human Superbug (Game Thread 1)

"Quite difficult ... and something tells me that there will be bigger problems in the future," I say, transporting Trixie's body.

"However it would be better to return to the base", I continue, approaching Everet.

"These sorts of creatures don't appear very often, at least to my knowledge."

Everet responds to Samson.

"Also, we found another Everyman," Everet motions for Stranger to come forward, "his name is Stranger. Also yes, we will be returning soon."

"Interesting, a new actor for this play of ours." Solomon says

"Either way, even if these creatures don't appear often, I know we will end up seeing plenty more."

"I'm as surprised as you are, Sieg ... I've been in the First Eye long enough and I can honestly say ... I've never seen this Stranger before."

"I like it. He seems like an interesting guy."

I grin behind my helmet. I turn back to Everet.

"I don't think i asked this before, but, how much life been wiped out? How many humans are left?"

"You should know better by now, Sieg. I am 100 percent serious."

Everet gives a mischievous grin before turning to Samson.

"We're not sure, but considering the fatality rates of trained operatives, its reasonable to say that almost all of if not the entirity of the populations of South America, Asia, and Europe are dead. At best, we're looking at less than a million humans left."

"Oh, this is an extremely low number ... however, what are the directives that the Third Eye has for us?", I ask Everet.

A red glow covers my body before dying down to show that my HERO suit is gone.

That's a weird sensation.

"So, do you know of any other monsters causing havoc in the area? I have a theory and I'd like to test it."

"Forgive us if we offended you ... Stranger, anyway ... how long have you been in the First Eye? I've never seen you in all the time I was part of it"

"Alcohol is a poison that's filtered out via urine. Drinking it makes you more thirsty."

I give an audible sigh over the numbers given.

"Well, nothing we can do about that now. I guess we are taking a break now?"

Secundus seems to stare at Everet for a moment upon hearing the numbers, before soon returning to standing perfectly still.

"I do not believe there are any."

He says to Silas before turning to Samson.

"That is the intent, since that creature was frankly far stronger than anything confirmed to exist here by multiple orders of magnitude, and I fear there may be a migration of sorts. We intend to investigate this as much as possible."

It looks like I can't test it out immediately. That migration thing sounds like a tragedy waiting to happen.

"A migration of monsters? How long do you think it will take to get more information?"

"Everet, is it fine if I hung out somewhere for a bit? I need to get a bit adjusted to this world." He said.

"Yes. The idea is that the monsters that make Europe and Asia so dangerous would eventually meander to the Americas. It likely won't be difficult to confirm or deny, though."

He turns to Stranger.

"Depends on where. Even for beings like you, especially with the potential appearance of new of stronger monsters, just walking around on the surface isnt a good idea."

"Don't worry, Sieg, I can grant your request," I exclaim, teleporting everyone back to the base.

"Well ... I take Trixie into one of the rooms ... see you later", I continue, teleporting with Trixie to one of the lodgings and then placing her body in a bed and waiting for her to wake up.

Sieg wonders off immidiatly after being teleported in, going towards one of the "Nothings".

Once in front of one, he tries to analyse it, to try understand the mechanism of the effects on magicoules it's body has and to see if there's a way to replicate them with the powers of an Everyman.

"Looks like you both got your wishes. Anyways, this bunker has been linked up to our other bases while you were gone, so you can go to any of our sites. I'll be in the gymnasium if anyone needs me or wants to know something."

Everet walks through a nearby doorway and seemingly disappears the instant he leaves your line of sight.

The Nothing ***** it's head to the side, as if examining Sieg as he does it. The Nothing actually lacks the presense of even remote magicules within it's body, and it's fairly evident why, in that uses some sort of technique to bend them around itself. Sieg gets the general idea of the technique and ideas on what more basic versions entail, but it's clear that he's quite a ways off of the Nothing's usage of it.

"Hmm..."

Abarim tests the limits of his flexibility as he stretches himself out, before heading to the gymnasium to see what's there.

Solomon heads over to Sieg and the Nothing

"I take it that you've taken an interesting to these things, right?"

He switches to his Odin form, using the knowledge he gains from that and his familiars, combined with his own natural intelligence, in order to watch the Nothing and see the results of Sieg's test, along with ascertaining what he could about the method behind the Nothing's technique

Back