• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Challenging High 6-B Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiming in to say I completely agree with all of Cin's reasoning throughout the thread

I felt sceptical over Etherion for a while for pretty much the same reasoning

TriforcePower1 said:
The problem is that the blast was still growing. We see that the Eterion's ray is still outputting energy, meaning that the explosion wasn't completed yet.
I wonder how many times do I need to post it before it gets noticed

Everyone should try to be polite and avoid long quotes of other posts.

I also still believe we should scale from a country in the verse, it's stated numerous times that Etherion is able to one- shot a country at full power, by several characters, also the scale we are using is, as Triforce said, unfinished considering the blast is still continuing to grow, and in the anime, it also shows that the blast is continuing to grow when the scene cuts away, also Erza claims that the Tower of Heaven would take an absurb amount of energy to power, and that even if you took the magic power from everyone on the continent, you still might not be able to power the R system, however with a weakened condensed blast of Etherion, it powered it up enough, meaning Etherion>=Everyones magic in Ishgar, also Alvarez stopped their assault on Ishgar, because Etherion would cause widespread damage to their Empire, specifically saying it would do widespread to alvarez itself, and considering in the image down below, Alvarez as a whole is much bigger than Fiore, it seems that we shouldn't just scale off a blast that for one thing, was a vision/theoretical destruction, that we didn't even see the end of, Whatever the form of destruction would be on a country scale, is unknown to me, but we should scale off of Etherion one shotting a country, whatever that calc would be, this is what I believe
5869A366-24AB-4B5F-A029-E21E45474994
DF27E832-19A6-4981-BBED-8787E41E512A
0DBF1BC6-7D08-4C3B-88E2-58234AB58AE1
0C7BDF08-9DF5-4899-807C-DC767133B5FC
EADCC7A4-DA2D-4669-85B2-98E2F7B4FD20
1C075A05-0456-458F-B19E-4748ABDF0579

I do not know anything about Fairy tail, I really do not like manga but I'm going to be objective:

• Etherion has been declaring several times that can erase a country from the map
  • Etherion is showing us as being a big explosion
So according to me, the country Bust via Expolosion is Confirmed, if I understand correctly, you do not want to scale etherion in the country of fiore because ..... it is big and it is a High end? So some people want scale etherion to smaller countries so I have a question:

• Is there the size of other countries in the Fairy tail country?
If we do not have the size as much as Fiore because it looks like Downplay

Regarding the calculation, I do not understand why the explosion has a size of 900+ km while the country is 4000+ Km?

Like I said b4...AGAIN...just Calc the countries that r smaller then Fiore & if we get something EVEN LESS then High 6B then we can try & find a middle ground somewhere

I think that scaling Etherion to Fiore via a calculation seems fine.

Okay Etherion Scale to Fiore so:

• R = Y ^ (1/3) * 0.28
  • Y = ((2163.69: 0.28)^3): 2
  • Y = 2.3E + 11 Kiloton
  • Y = 230 Teraton - Large Country
So unless other argument comes, I'm for High 6-B

BlackeJan said:
Like I said b4...AGAIN...just Calc the countries that r smaller then Fiore & if we get something EVEN LESS then High 6B then we can try & find a middle ground somewhere
Can y'all plz stop ignoring me I'm gonna cry dammit!

@BlackeJan

I do not think that is necessary. Scaling from Fiore should be fine.

The reason why I say this b/c Mavis said that said Etherion can destroy a country but there r 2 countries (Maya & Joys) that r smaller then Fiore (Ehterion was never used anyways) so that's why I said if we calc both of them & if we get the same results then yeah Ehterion is High 6B

A question: Did CinCameron20 use Fiore's size as a base for his calculation?

When pretty much every country in FT is much bigger, even if it resulted in less than High 6-B, it's unlikely to be accepted. But if they are actually High 6-B, that would change very little. I don't think we need to calculate them

TriforcePower1 said:
When pretty much every country in FT is much bigger, even if it resulted in less than High 6-B, it's unlikely to be accepted. But if they are actually High 6-B, that would change very little. I don't think we need to calculate them
That's why I said 2 try & Calc both. It was stated that it can destroy a country yes but how can we know it's max power if we were 2 end up getting an a country Calc of 6B?

Etherion can destroy a country but Mavis didn't say it was gonna destroy Fiore. For all we know it's max power can be 6-B

Or it can be much higher. We used Fiore because it's supposed to be normal sized by FT standarts. We could try to calculate the size of Alvarez or some big country and we would probably obtain 6-A. If you think it can result into 6-B using other countries, ask someone to calc it and return here with the results. No one here is against it, just find it unnecessary

I would love too but no one really answered when I asked or they don't know how 2 Calc. Anything in the map that's 6-A is NOT a country but a continent

Antvasima said:
A question: Did CinCameron20 use Fiore's size as a base for his calculation?
No, he says we can't scale to Fiore, because statements on destroying a country is Hyperbole (even though, it's constantly repeated as fact by the smartest characters in the verse), so he used a image that not only is in the characters imagination, but the explosion he used for the calc was imcomplete, and looked like it was going to continue to grow, also it was unknown if it was Etherions full power, which is stated to be able to destroy a country in one-Shot

No, he scaled the on panel blast of Etherion shown back in the Tower of Heaven arc

Well that's great....both contradict each other

Hmm. I thought that he scaled from Fiore. In that case I do not agree with his method for once.

The only thing that I agree with is that we should get an actual calculation blog for Etherion destroying Fiore, so we have something to link to.

DodoNova2 said:
Okay Etherion Scale to Fiore so:
  • R = Y ^ (1/3) * 0.28
  • Y = ((2163.69: 0.28) 3 3): 2
  • Y = 2.3E + 11 Kiloton
  • Y = 230 Teraton - Large Country
So unless other argument comes, I'm for High 6-B
Seems fine.

I'm just going to say that if something is repeatedly stated as capable of destroying a country in a single blow, and it is presented as an explosive power, then the logical reasoning is that it will cover the whole country in its explosion. There's really no other way to interpret it

Oh boy, disregarding everything I've stated to the last. Ok, here we go again:

@Dodo - I explain where the blast radius came from in the calcultion. <_< That explosion was not in Fiore. It was in the western part of Seven.

"Scales to Fiore" They said that it could envelope an entire country with its blast radius. None of these scans displayed in the entire thread that describe Etherion's destructive power have stated outright that it could do the same to Fiore specifically. Not to mention "obliterating a country" could be done without having a blast that size, but I will note that one of the scans did say it could envelope an entire country in its blast radius. In this case, why use Fiore when there are countries half the size?

Also, I provided a calculation with a downward view of Etherion's use, and that basically counters any statements made by random and even some knowledgeable characters who are clearly exaggerating the Etherion's capabilities.

EtherionSeven2
But if you wanna play that game, they said a "country", NOT "Fiore". Let's use Ilia since it's the smallest named country on the map. its diameter from scaling to Fiore (doing west to east) is 1862.963km. Blast Radius is therefore 931.4815 km.

That's 2.485 TT for Widespread Destruction. 47.07 TT for Near-total fatalities. Low 6-B and 6-B respectively. Not High 6-B.

And again, that's from a STATEMENT. The best feat of Etherion is half the radius in comparison as shown in the calculation. High 6-C and Low 6-B+ respectively.

@Matthew - Unless feats prove otherwise, making the statements an exaggeration from the characters--or you could use one of the 3 smaller countries instead of Fiore.

Edit: 4* I forgot that Midi exists.

I do not know why I defend Fairy Tail while I do not like the verse

First, I find your logic about countries completely stupid (No offense):

• Indeed, it is not declaring that Etherion can Nuke Fiore and then? Fiore is .... a country no? so any country in the Fairy Tail pays may be Bust by Etherion.
By following your logic, you have chosen another smaller country, since it is never said that Ilia can be destroyed, you follow my point?

• Second, why do people exaggerate? it is said Country Bust several times, this is not to exaggerate what I know
Concretely, We can use all the countries of fairy tail on the map, if you want to go away, averaged the results of all the Country Bust to have an average, because you use an even smaller country, why not use bigger country? lol

This "Hyperbole!" argument is ridiculous, and built on incredulity. If it is stated to destroy a country over an over and over again, then there is absolutely no reason to disregard. It's clear that the idea is that it can. When you start downplaying saying it can't you are not outright ignoring a basic plot point, but you'll often make the story seem nonsensical if everyone wants a weapon because of something it can't do.

@Dodo - I take offense. You call it stupid then ignore the point i made.

1) I already expressed my distaste for using that method in the first place. And if we're going by it, why not use the low end instead of randomly picking on Fiore? Ilia is a country, and the smallest.

• The countries vary in size dramatically. And we scale to Fiore when there are 3/4 countries drastically smaller than it.
2) Again, the feat I used in the calc doesn't envelope an entire country. Clearly exaggerating when its blast radius is less than half what is necessary to cover the entirety of the SMALLEST country.

3) Using the average from every single country would go from lower end Low 6-B to High 6-A. Like I said before, they are incredibly different in size.

Again, the feat in Seven contradicts the explosion being capable of enveloping an entire country--even the smallest.

Are all of you really going to continue dodging my points throughout this thread?

@Cin

From what I've read of this thread you are stripping a lot of context from the scene to try and fabricate an artificial limit for the Etherion.

You seem to dodge this point. And also dodge every statement in the manga.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I'm just going to say that if something is repeatedly stated as capable of destroying a country in a single blow, and it is presented as an explosive power, then the logical reasoning is that it will cover the whole country in its explosion. There's really no other way to interpret it
I agree with this, but would prefer if we get a calculation blog to link to. Perhaps DodoNova2 could create one?

I don't know what you want us to do BlackeJan. We have already seen that blog post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back