• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
do you agree
You can put me on neutral. Saw two major counterarguments to the OP, which where the "infinite earths ≠ infinite universes" thing & Barry just disrupting the pulse, thereby closing the breach before he impacts the supposed Multiversal DC attack. I'll be addressing both, & hoping to convince, in which case it doesn't, then I'd be on a disagree

can you give me some evidence that you think is contradictory because it's certainly not a response to what I've presented
Season 3 episode 22
They needed 3.8 Terajoules (not even up to 1 kiloton) to power the speed force bazooka.
It's emphasized repeatedly that they can't get a power that great from anywhere aside from the dominator's tech.
Barry had to time travel (breaking multiple promises) to get Snart to help him steal it from ARGUS
Why go through allat if he can produce infinite energy on his own?

So yeah. I'm just trying to make all the variables to make an inform choice on agreeing or disagreeing.

So first, the "infinite earths ≠ infinite universes" thing. While it may make sense, it might just be referring to the literal individual earths, as in planets, we need to revisit why exactly that may be the case. As already established in the verse, earths & universes are interchangeable not just semantically, but allegorically. Earths has always been the centerpiece for whatever event they adventure in the multiverse. So it does make sense to ascribe the designation of that whole universe, as "Earth". So, basically they've always been "saying" that universe is a planet (earth) to them. Now, let's factor in human psychology into this seemingly awkward equivalence. Obviously, due to recurrent usage it becomes ingrained in their subconscious, needing no intuition regardless of 'context'. Now, note, obviously there are exceptions, & 'context' here is in strict reference to cosmological situations, such as this. Is this all head canon with no veritable basis? Maybe, maybe not. But let's see this; here, during COIE, the anti matter wave sweeps across the universe & destroys Earth-1. A universe was destroyed, but Earth-1 was stated, & notice how the determinant a universe was destroyed was the destruction of that earth! That Earth is obviously not at the far edge of the universe whatsoever, since the wave sweeps laterally across. Furthermore, we had the Anti Monitor stating he's destroyed "infinite earths", (in same link) which were actual universes. So we can see what I just stated about the subconscious isn't even limited to humans, but is something recurrent & of course, prevalent in the whole show.

Next, the "breach" argument. It's worth noting what we define attack potency as in the wiki, & it's distinction from destructive capacity. Sure, Barry did close the breach before the transdimensional energy went on. But how did he do this? He had to build his own pulse to counteract that of the Magnetar, just enough to shift it out of phase & close the breach. Said pulse of the Magnetar had the potency to destroy the multiverse. The breach was simply an aid to transmit the energy inter-dimensionally. Also, saying the pulse/energy wasn't "charged enough", would grossly make Zoom's, "bye bye multiverse" statement useless, as that implied it was indeed complete or at least nigh-completion. Frankly, this whole argument hinges on an actual depiction of a collision with said energy, which us brings us back to the distinction between AP & DC. It being potentially capable is just fine.

So yeah, I'd like a counterargument from the "opposite" parties, & also note, I'm simply fostering an understanding & I'm on "neither" side atm.

Back