• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Challenging High 6-B Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Matthew - An inaccurate assessment.

Yes, my initial post called out high 6-B via statement as being ridiculous/Hyperbole (and my early comments), as the linked Scan in OP showed a 6-C tier explosion. As the thread went on, I learned more about the context and other feats.

Also, you said it yourself: Etherion can destroy a "country". Ilia is a country--the smallest one. Why are we using Fiore which is more than double its diameter? Especially when the biggest feat of Etherion has a blast radius less than half of the radius of Ilia in the first place.

I'm not ignoring the manga. You don't see that, though.

If you'd hadn't noticed, I dropped the Hyperbole argument ages ago.

1) Because Fiore is a country. And why exactly should we pick the low-end and not average?

2) The problem is that the blast was still growing. We see that the Eterion's ray is still outputting energy, meaning that the explosion wasn't completed yet.

3) Then pick average country, not the smallest one just because you want to downgrade the verse

• From what I've heard, Fiore is one of the smallest
  • So, you say that according to your calculation, the explosion does not include a whole country when the manga says it several times, logic
  • I think that averaging the explosion of all countries is a good thing at least it will avoid a Low End
  • I do not know the feat in seven so I can not answer lol
@BlackeJa We are talking about calc also...

I agree with Matthew on Etherion. I disagree with some of the High 6-B character ratings (besides Acnologia), but I agree on Etherion being a legit country buster.

Besides Etherion's country busting capability being repeatedly shoved down our throats, there is the fact that the Alvarez empire (which has at least three High 6-Cs among their ranks) put off invading Ishgar for a long time because of their super-weapons. Alvarez decided to invade Ishgar only after they were sure that Etherion wouldn't be a threat to them (due to the Magic Council being destroyed).

It makes no sense for Etherion to be in the 6-C to High 6-C ballpark with three High 6-C characters being afraid of the weapon.

"Character says this and that". I KNOW, and I already posted images of Etherion's blast radius being drastically smaller than any of the countries, but okay.

Well I all honestly that Calc looks good but the other Calc also looks good....why don't we find a middle ground?

So the blast is the inconsistency seeing as it contradicts every statement and the entire plot, rather than the entire plot and every statement and logic being inconsitent.

@Matthew - that'd be a fair argument... except there's other displays like the one in the OP where the blast doesn't cover an entire country either.

@BlackeJan

It might be best if you stop interfering.

@All

So, should we keep the profiles as they are, and close this thread, or let DodoNova2 get his calculation placed in a blog and evaluated?

@Ant - I'm still fairly adamant on my point that if there are several feats from Etherion that don't line up with the statements made, we shouldn't have High 6-B scaling to Fiore or even 6-B when scaling to Ilia.

Ok....we get different results on Etherion & it's goving everyone a headache....no matter what it's still a country buster so like I said BEFORE why don't we try & find a middle ground here since we found a calc that's lower the High 6B (no matter what country we Calc that's small it's gonna be different)

CinCameron20 said:
@Dodo - You are twisting words around. I wont say it again after this.
1) There are 4 countries smaller than Fiore. I literally posted the world map.

2) How about you look at the image I linked in the calculation instead of playing around with sarcasm? That's the feat in Seven, and Etherion's best known feat. It very CLEARLY doesn't cover an entire country.

• Okay, they are the average of all countries bust
  • I think this is a good point. But unfortunately that is not enough,
The explosion is not necessarily over, it is still growing, the same way that the photos in the OP that does not reach its final size or even the size of the explosion you have show

and also contradict the plot

@CinCameron20

Well, you seem to be outvoted this time. It has happened recurrently to myself as well.

Can someone tell me how u guys r able 2 tell if the explosion is still growing? It's in manga so how could y'all tell

My suggestion

Calc smallest country and calc largest country.

Tier: Low 6-B possibly higher at most 6-A and matching attack potency with a link to the calc blog or something similar. If someone wants it they can calc every country.

Note: Numbers randomly selected and I never watch/read Fairy Tail.

@CinCameron

I would like to point out that the Magic Council was wary of destroying that island with Etherion for fear of causing country wide destruction. They're afraid of the kind of power Etherion can unleash. The fact that the wielders of the weapon itself are afraid of causing country-wide destruction should be enough to indicate that the statements are not mere hyperbole.

So should we close this thread? I would appreciate if DodoNova2 could place his calculation in a blog though, with included scaling images.

Yes. DodoNova will make a blog. And we'll agree on which results to apply later. Well, whichever the calc group members approve.

Mindovin said:
My suggestion

Calc smallest country and calc largest country.

Tier: Low 6-B possibly higher at most 6-A and matching attack potency with a link to the calc blog or something similar. If someone wants it they can calc every country.

Note: Numbers randomly selected and I never watch/read Fairy Tail.
Is this a good one?

Uh, we did not agree upon that.

Also, i've heard that my calc was rejected. Where was it rejected? I don't see it here unless i'm blind.

CinCameron20 said:
Uh, we did not agree upon that.
I don't think u got my message on the wall dude but the calc was rejected unless u have another way of doing a different & acceptable calcing & getting the same results, then High 6-B will remain

The premise of the calculation was rejected here. We want a calculation based on Fiore's size instead.

It was "rejected" by Dodo and Matt.

Like I've said before, the scans never said it would envelope Fiore. They said "a country". I don't see why we'd have to use Fiore when there are 4 other countries of smaller size.

But Widespread Destruction and Near-Total fatalities for Fiore is 31.95TT (6-B) and somewhere in High 6-B respectively.

Antvasima said:
The premise of the calculation was rejected here. We want a calculation based on Fiore's size instead.
Actually he did use Fiore for the calc but tbh I feel that they should be 6-B or 6-B+. Cin is right however since no one ever said it can destroy Fiore but a country so we should calc the other countries that r smaller then Fiore & see what we get. If we were to get a low 6-B the I would suggest meeting in the middle

CinCameron20 said:
I did not use Fiore for the calc. How many times must i repeat myself?
Could had sworn U did. I looked at the calc & there was a pic of Fiore w/ a line going down it

I think that a country of roughly average Fairy Tail world size seems better to use. In fact, isn't Fiore a fairly small country comparatively speaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back