• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlackBeard vs Doffy

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
For you see, in this alternate timeline Blackbeard (One Piece) is hunting down Donquixote Doflamingo's Devil Fruit because Burgess wanted that fruit for a reason Im not willing to investigate any further. After deciding that his crew members were too weak (pre-Impel Down) to face the warlord, he decides to duel Doflamingo in a 1 vs 1 fashion.

Asuming this is BB after he defeated Ace, can he take on Doffy all by himself?

Thoughts?

Fuffuffuffuffu: 5

Zehahahaha:4

Drawdrawdrawdraw:

Note: if OP is not clear enough, this BB does not have the Gura Gura no mi.

Blackbeard render
Donquixote doflamingo anime

As a side note, I would like to express my opinion on pretimeskip BB pirates being able to obliterate Doffy's pirate crew because the only one worth a penny is Doffy and maybe you could stretch it to the little girl with the toy fruit because of the nature of her fruit.

@Calaca: just letting you know that I edited Teach's profile only to add that in both losses he only had access to the Yami Yami.

Honestly I feel like Doffy is too versatile for Tech. Has the flight advantage and range I believe. No he definitely has the range advantage.

My vote goes to Doffy. It would be a tough fight indeed but Doffy has way more stuff than BB including body control with his strings which are so hard to see

As well as observation haki.

Idk I'll vote Blackbeard, he pulls in Doffy with his gravity nullifying his powers and the just proceeds to shoot Doffy until he dies.

????^ I'm pretty sure Doffy will just hold on to something with his strings or just fly high enough so he doesn't get pulled

Schnee One said:
I'm not even sure if BB with the Gura Gura can take this.
Gura teach can wrestle with Sengoku, who in Buddha form should be comparable to the Admirals, who in turn outclass Doffy in almost everything.

Just saying that this was the reason I didnt use that Teach.

AstralKing7 said:
????^ I'm pretty sure Doffy will just hold on to something with his strings or just fly high enough so he doesn't get pulled
Would Doffy even know to do that, since this is Blackbeard after beating Ace then he would be fighting a Doffy that hasn't witnessed the Yami Yami no mi yet.

Eminiteable said:
AstralKing7 said:
Would Doffy even know to do that, since this is Blackbeard after beating Ace then he would be fighting a Doffy that hasn't witnessed the Yami Yami no mi yet.
Not the first time and he'll eat a near broken neck. On the second time though yea he'll prob react with a counter measure.

Now waits for @Cameron to weigh in.

The attraction is not instant. And Doffy is not an idiot. Would u allow yourself to get pulled if u have an ability that would stop it

Blackbeard in this particular time was incredibly arrogant in the use of his DF ability. Overall, yeah BB's DF would negate anything Doflamingo can do, but that's covering a small area, and he generally thinks he has won the moment he lands a successful attack against a DF user. He exposed himself completely to Ace (TWICE), Whitebeard (nearly died because of it) and Luffy (wont really consider this one since Luffy was seen as near-fodder by BB at this time).

So for the sake of the argument, let's consider the following:

BB actually don't know how Doflamingo's ability works. The only people with extensive knowledge on his DF include people who are/were part of his crew--or have directly fought him. Blackbeard has no such knowledge.

Doflamingo also has only heard of Blackbeard's abilities, and has not seen them in action.

So both are at an impasse when it comes to knowledge. BB and Doflamingo will actually respect eachother's achievements, as Doflamingo would likely consider the fact that BB became a Shichibukai in ONE act merely by defeated Ace--a commander under WB's ship. On the other hand, BB would also look at Doflamingo as a potential threat as well simply because of Doffy's wily tactics and openly challenging higher ups in the WG just for the hell of it.

Tl;dr for the summary: Neither will have knowledge on the other's abilities right away, and both will be fairly cautious in approaching the fight.

I would assume Doflamingo would send out a Black Knight to test the waters, but also distract Blackbeard while he sets up another attack via thread manipulation or outright double-teaming him. Blackbeard would probably say "I'm not going to deal with this shit" and one-shot the BK by absorbing it with his ability before surprising Doflamingo and going for a physical strike, which Doflamingo would have time to defend against, or evade.

From something like this, Doflamingo would DEFINITELY not approach BB unless he learns (high probability since BB likes to gloat) that only his DF attacks would be rendered useless. Either way, I suspect he'd use a Parasito and land a successful blow to hurt Blackbeard and just remain in the sky taking pot shots at him.

Eventually, I believe Doflamingo would win, and here's something to consider: If Doflamingo's threads are absorbed by the darkness, but then BB uses his ability to release rubble for--say a projectile attack, wouldn't Doffy's strings also emerge, and Doffy would manipulate them to turn and slash at BB unexpectedly?

Regardless, I think Doflamingo wins since BB can't reliably catch him even with his vortex, as Doflamingo can use his threads to keep himself in place or put a wall up between them--or even simultaneously attack w/ Awakening and defend with Armament.

BB has to grab Doffy to disable his DF, but Doffy is still physically capable to take him on or at the very least break his grip.

There's nothing to really say that BB is superior physically to Doflamingo. BB is stronger than Ace, but Doflamingo is WAY stronger than Gear 2nd Luffy and could withstand Gear 4th (which as far as we know is physically stronger than even commanders like Katakuri/Cracker). I'd say they are equal in strength and maybe speed.

though to be fair, BB's Yami-Yami may have other components we simply have a lack of understanding with, but until then Doflamingo might actually slaughter him just by what we know from both of them.

>>BB actually don't know how Doflamingo's ability works. The only people with extensive knowledge on his DF include people who are/were part of his crew--or have directly fought him. Blackbeard has no such knowledge.

Doflamingo also has only heard of Blackbeard's abilities, and has not seen them in action.

Pretty sure this is inaccurate. Check the OP, Pachi says BB is after Duffy's fruit considering its abilities. Meanwhile BB did a good job of staying under the radar and there's no indication Duffy knows about his abilities.

>>I would assume Doflamingo would send out a Black Knight to test the waters,

Not typically Duffy's opening gambit

>>BB has to grab Doffy to disable his DF, but Doffy is still physically capable to take him on or at the very least break his grip.

There's nothing to really say that BB is superior physically to Doflamingo.

BB was considerably stronger than Ace who scales aroudn the same or higher than Duffy. Also BB tanke dhits from WB and scarred Shanks. Marco also noted BB's body was something else.

@Fix

1) The OP should not automatically grant one opponent full knowledge of a DF someone has that they would otherwise be unaware about. Doflamingo's abilities are a mystery to most. The only thing that is even arguably common knowledge is his ability to make people into puppets. Blackbeard should not be allowed this knowledge as that would give him an unfair advantage, and would appear biased. Just like if Doffy were allowed to know his ability.

2) Doflamingo either opens up with Black Knight or manipulation. Sole exceptions is vs Law when Fujitora was present and against Smoker (attributing this to his mood, considering he was furious with Law).

3) Blackbeard was only somewhat stronger than Ace rather than "considerably". They both injured eachother and stayed in combat for quite some time, and Ace was very clearly reliant on his DF as implied by himself and BB.

• Even analyzing the fight, it's very clear Ace was mismatched. He not once used his physical abilities and used his DF up until the very end of the fight, despite the fact that Blackbeard clearly negates the attacks with his power.
4a) Why would Ace scale anywhere from Doflamingo? There's no support for this. Doflamingo, Katakuri and Cracker all get their physical stats from being able to hold their own against Bound Man Luffy (even though all except MAYBE Cracker are proven to be physically inferior).

4b) Whitebeard was near-death, cut straight into BB with his blade ("tanked"...?) and injured him with the last quake strike. BB even cried for help to finish him off despite WB's death already being just inches away. Near-Death WB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BB pre-Gura

4c) You're comparing Blackbeard to Shanks from before the latter became a Yonko, let alone having met Luffy. Massive time-gap. I have no doubt BB is strong, but to suggest he is/was Shanks' peer for that one fact is inaccurate.

I particularly believe that BB is aware of the powers of Ito Ito no Mi, after all he spent years looking for Yami Yami no Mi after reading the Akuma no Mi encyclopedia. But I also doubt that he has any idea of how Doflamingo uses it.

Btw, going with Doffy via Danmaku, Range and Parasite.

BB stomps. He more or less curbstomped Ace who should be at around Doffy's level, He can negate Doffy's DF yeah this isn't much of a fight.

Doffy's skillset is nothing like Ace's. Scaling doesnt work like that.

Against BB who negates DFs they will both have the same skill set.

Furthermore BB almost killed Ace with a casual backhand he should be able to do the same to Doffy. Ace and Doffy should be comparable in durability. I see no reason why Doffy is much more durable than Ace.

@Cin

1) Take it up with @Pachi, otherwise respect the conditions

2) & Sanji where he opened up with slashing. I'm not going to get into all the cases right now long as you've admited BK was wrong

3)

a) Semantics are a waste of time to debate

b) Van Agur or whateevr his name is disagrees with you so no.

4)

a) Umm because of you? You are someone who has past said all the comanders should be treated as equal.

b) WB was weakened from the start, we still scale him at 6-B. If you have a problem with that make a thread.

c) Do we even have a time stamp for that moment?

Sorry if the OP implied that BB already knew all about Doffy's fruit. Let me edit it.

I didnt mean that. It was just an introduction for the fight.

@Whis - the number of ">"s is only to show that WB was still far stronger than BB despite being severely wounded. Even so, WB was going to kill him without outside assistance and BB knew this (anime tells a different tale. A single bullet stunned WB when he was already in so much agony? LOLK)

@Fix -

1) Appears to be taken care of.

2) I did not suggest BK was wrong. He has only ever opened combat with BK or Manipulation. Sanji was a special case as he got within CQC range of Doflamingo before Doflamingo had time to properly set up any attack. Doffy was looking at the Sunny, and only noticed Sanji as he was already approaching. This would not be a "surprise attack" case.

3) Show me a single scan of Ace using his physical abilities. Augur's statement doesn't imply his power physically. Could literally be taken as Ace withstanding BB's onslaught.

• We only see him taking a beating and not once throwing a punch or a kick at BB in any case
4a) They all scale from Bound-Man Luffy, albeit inferior to him physically. The other Commanders scale relative to eachother. This doesn't mean Doflamingo = Ace therefore < BB. That's dumb. Even if we considered this notion that "Yup, they scale equally, so BB is technically a bit stronger than Doflamingo", Ace lost because he kept throwing fire at BB when it wasn't going to do anything. And we have to consider Doflamingo's Haki, and BB's lack of it (feat-wise. I'm certain he has it). More or less equal tbh.

b) WB was in perfect condition (despite his age. Sickness wasn't exactly a factor here as it hadn't kicked in until later) when he performed the 6-B feat. He was stabbed before fighting Akainu, had a heart attack, had a hole punched in him, blown up and stabbed several times, then had half his face melted off and bled a lot before BB entered the picture.

c) Luffy met Shanks roughly 12 years prior to Post Time-skip. Shanks already had his scar at that point. Shanks became a Yonko 6 years later as confirmed by the marines (revealing Yonko bounties). Therefore he was scarred by Blackbeard >12 years ago.

1)

>>I would assume Doflamingo would send out a Black Knight to test the waters, but also distract Blackbeard while he sets up another attack via thread manipulation or outright double-teaming him.

Just admit you were wrong about BK being his opening gambit if you want to say he'll do manipulation instead. Unless you want to provide scans of every single time Duffy fought from MF all the way to Gear 4 Luffy.

2) Show me a scan of Duffy fighting Luffy for twenty minutes first ;-)

But seriously I don't have to, it is confirmed by Augur that Ace is not dependant on his DF. He has high-7 A physicals anyway so its moot.

3)

a) make up your mind. they're either somewhat equal or they're not. I will not drag this into semantics just so you can say Duffy is comparable but at the same time not like a Schrodenger's Flamingo

b) @Ryuma has voted for kiting so you're not doing yourself any favour saying that Ace doing that was stupid.

c) Another schrodenger. I'm not going to indulge WB was strong but he was also weak and the cut off is when @Cin says it is to suit the theory.

d) Fair enough. Still a good feat scaling from Mihawk.

Anyway, I post-poned voting because I anticipated a wall of text from @Cin and was curious what they would say. Having read their arguments I firmly vote for BB. The reasoning being similar to voting Akainu in Akainu VS Luffy thread. BB is just too powerful and there is nothing in Duffy's arsenal that can KO or even wear him down before Teach does him in.

Regardless of Duffy's opening gambit, BB tends to go for Black Hole, which will automatically take away Duffy's land advantage and force him to the skies.

@Pachi did not specify clouds or not. I will give Duffy benefit of the doubt here and say there are some clouds for him to not instantly lose.

Now logically the next move BB makes is Black Vortex. It is what he typically uses and means he doesn't have to chase after Duffy in the sky. The counter argument to this will be whether or not his strings can resist the pull or break. Since I already gave Duffy a leg up with benefit of the doubt concerning clouds; I will not stretch that further and therefore say he does get sucked in and a repeat of Ace Vs BB happens.

Of course going by Ace VS Duffy we know BB will use this again and scaling from Ace Duffy will react this time with a range attack of his own as he gets sucked in. Teach tanks with a small injury before hitting Duffy again just like Ace.

At this point I will give Duffy another benefit of the doubt that he battles off panel with BB like Ace, both parties taking damage.

Note I am withholding Blackhole simply sucking up Duffy here since that would make this too quick even though by all acccounts BB will use it instead of holding back like he did Ace.

Following the trajectory of this fight Duffy goes for Sixteen Holy Threads (Assuming he can without awakening threads which is yet another benefit of the doubt) and BB uses his giant sphere of darkness. They clash but once again like Ace Duffy gets over powered and defeated.

Note: I could have added BK or restraints for Duffy. Setting up BK gives BB too much time to just suck Duffy in though. BK would just be taken out with ease if it was setup in time. Restraints were easily broken by Luffy so I see no reason BB would not replicate this feat or else just suck them in with his body.

I had counted you:

Dof: 3 (Ryuga, Cin, Astral)

Black: 3 (Emini, Fix, Whis)

It's also worth nothing that BB was holding back against Ace so as to not kill him. So what he demonstrated against him was likely not his full potential.

Back