• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 Strongest Non-Smurfs: Itachi vs Doflamingo

He used it to block Kirin at the end of the fight, not at the start of the fight (although Activating Susanoo if he is being affected by Parasito might cut the string)
He’ll use it if it’s to block against something powerful, the same way he did to kirin.

Then he simply genjutsu anyone since it makes things easy to deal with specially with how his mission works as a akatsuki.
That's not true - he didn't use it against Jiraiya, he didn't use it against Kakashi until the end, he didn't use it against Kid Sasuke until right before he left. The only times Itachi used genjutsu instantly was against Hebi Sasuke (and Deidara).

Itachi's starting move is normal combat, although he'd probably set up clones and because he's just a precautious character. I mean Doffy would literally see the clone anyway because of haki..

So he can see it? Precog plus substitution jutsu would work really well against this. Do they cause destruction if they hit the ground?
Yes he should be able to see the strings and easily dodge it. His Sharingan should help to dodge it

Voting Doflamingo.

Itachi doesn't always start with Genjutsu when Doflamingo's starting move is almost always parasyte, which would allow him to pummel Itachi until he's out.

Kenbun would allow Doflamingo to read Itachi's intentions if he tried to put him under a genjutsu, so he'd know to close his eyes. Kenbun would also allow him to continue fighting while having his eyes closed.

There's also Doflamingo's awakening which would strip Itachi from his movement on the ground and he doesn't have flight AFAIK, so thats pretty much an instant win for Doffy as Itachi can't reall do anything.

Send me the manga website you read your naruto manga.
He's only started it against Hebi Sasuke - which in lore has a reason. Itachi wanted to prove to Sasuke that the fight wasn't going to be easy. That he was actually going to be a challenge and that Sasuke needs to try his best against him. I've already given instances where Itachi HASN'T started with genjutsu and no one has refuted it yet so ....

The main point is that Itachi can dodge the strings and after a little time he’ll use genjutsu

The main point is that Itachi can dodge the strings and after a little time he’ll use genjutsu
By the time Itachi is activating his Sharingan + seeing the strings + and dodging

Doffy will have time to know to avoid looking at Itachi's eyes with Kenbun. He can either just not look in his eyes or just fight with his eyes close.

By the time Itachi is activating his Sharingan + seeing the strings + and dodging

Doffy will have time to know to avoid looking at Itachi's eyes with Kenbun. He can either just not look in his eyes or just fight with his eyes close.
Whats kenbun

saying Itachi doesn’t always start with genjutsu is like saying Luffy doesn’t start with punches.

It’s technically true, but any time he hasn’t started with genjutsu there’s reasons behind it, and/or it’s his second starting move after his first.

He’s more likely to start with Genjustu than Doffy is to start with Parasyte, as far as I’m aware.

I'm also voting for Doffy btw.

Itachi is not bringing Doffy to the point where he'll need to take out Awakening, because Itachi's AP is lower than Doffy's with Buso/Ito anyway (even with Susanoo). With Haki, Itachi's main wincon is moot. I'd say Itachi is more skilled in close combat but that could be up in the air.

With Haki, clones are useless, substitution is nigh useless. Even with Itachi using Sharingan to dodge Parasite, Itachi is practically running on a timer because of his illness which also diminishes his chakra reserves and stamina. Doffy will pretty much always be one step ahead of Itachi. Doffy can also "fly" which can make space and give him aerial advantage to spam his fruit if he needs to.

Worst to worst, Itachi might just use Izanami and strike a win there, so it's up in the air if Itachi can pull it off before he's defeated for me.
saying Itachi doesn’t always start with genjutsu is like saying Luffy doesn’t start with punches.

It’s technically true, but any time he hasn’t started with genjutsu there’s reasons behind it, and/or it’s his second starting move after his first.
Uh no - he had a whole match against Kakashi before using genjutsu. Kid Sasuke he was just bullying him so eh - he didn't use it against Jiraiya AT ALL, and instead opted to running away.

Now granted in lore, there's a reason why he didn't start with genjutsu because he wanted to send a message to Jiraiya and Kakashi that they were after Naruto + as well as drive Sasuke to get stronger.

But that is an assumption on your part to assume Itachi would start with Genjutsu when he's never actually done that iirc.

Even against Kisame who he was sparring against - he didn't start with Genjutsu. Although he eventually did because Kisame was literally staring into his eyes like the whole match 💀 (Kisame still won by technicality because he made Itachi pull out Magenkyo lol).

He did use it against Orochimaru though - but that was clearly more as a fear tactic than an actual fight... because they weren't even fighting lol he was just showing his superiority.

His sharingan and is always active, have you read naruto?
Even against Kisame who he was sparring against - he didn't start with Genjutsu. Although he eventually did because Kisame was literally staring into his eyes like the whole match 💀 (Kisame still won by technicality because he made Itachi pull out Magenkyo lol).

He did use it against Orochimaru though - but that was clearly more as a fear tactic than an actual fight... because they weren't even fighting lol he was just showing his superiority.
Send me the manga chapter itachi fought kisame.

Itachi starts with genjutsu 100% of the time, his sharingan is literally always active when he joined the Akatsuki.

Yeah I think Itachi tends to start with certain things against certain people, using the leaf shinobi are really not his basic go to abilities, against Deidara though he went into genjutsu almost immediately. So using him fighting the main characters isn’t useful here.

Send me the manga chapter itachi fought kisame.
It's not a manga chapter it's here. It's accepted as canon tho
using the leaf shinobi are really not his basic go to abilities, against Deidara though he went into genjutsu almost immediately.
That was because Itachi was trying to recruit him. The scenarios are indeed different. He was trying to bring him into the Akatsuki.

Thats just not true lmao.w

Itachi: literally uses genjutsu as a first move against the first person he sees in Konoha in part 1. Literally his first move against Kurenai in part 1, after talking; then essentially couldn't use any genjutsu besides Tsukuyomi for the rest of the fight, because everyone either closed their eyes or didn't look him in the eyes. He of course used it against Sasuke and also Deidara in part 2. So out of all of his fights, he hasn't started with genjutsu maybe 3 times (And that's only if you include kid sasuke, someone with genjutsu resistance, and a Sanin who he didn't want to fight when he was low on chakra)

Talking about his fight with part 1 Sasuke and using that as a feat of his not starting genjutsu is disingenuous, not only does Sasuke have a saringan that protects him from base genjutsu, but he was completely toying with Sasuke that entire time.

@Nierre
Kakashi also has resistance to every genjutsu that's not Tsukuyomi, which Itachi really didn't even want to use. He didn't want to fight Jiraiya at all as he had already used several genjutsu including Tsukuyomi, and even amaterasu that day and was way low on chakra.

Using all these to say Itachi won't start with genjustu ignores all context behind why he didn't use it to start. It'd literally be like saying Doffy wouldn't use Parasyte because he didn't use it against people who can resist.

sparring not an actual fight.
its not much of a spar if he instantly mindhax
Orochimaru was Under genjutsu from the beginning there, there wasn’t even a fight, so before Orochimaru even attacked him he was already mindhaxed
With Haki, clones are useless,
straight up false, clones are impossible to differentiate from the user even to Kaguya
substitution is nigh useless.
nope it’s basically teleporting out of the way
Uh no - he had a whole match against Kakashi before using genjutsu. Kid Sasuke he was just bullying him so eh - he didn't use it against Jiraiya AT ALL, and instead opted to running away.
Kakashi resists All Genjutsu except Tsukuyomi, He wanted Jiraiya to win and for them to escape (whereas mindhaxing and not killing him would be suspicious)
Now granted in lore, there's a reason why he didn't start with genjutsu because he wanted to send a message to Jiraiya and Kakashi that they were after Naruto + as well as drive Sasuke to get stronger.

But that is an assumption on your part to assume Itachi would start with Genjutsu when he's never actually done that iirc.
He has done it plenty of times

Itachi: literally uses genjutsu as a first move against the first person he sees in Konoha in part 1. Literally his first move against Kurenai in part 1, after talking; then essentially couldn't use any genjutsu besides Tsukuyomi for the rest of the fight, because everyone either closed their eyes or didn't look him in the eyes. He of course used it against Sasuke and also Deidara in part 2. So out of all of his fights, he hasn't started with genjutsu maybe 3 times (And that's only if you include kid sasuke, someone with genjutsu resistance, and a Sanin who he didn't want to fight when he was low on chakra)

Talking about his fight with part 1 Sasuke and using that as a feat of his not starting genjutsu is disingenuous, not only does Sasuke have a saringan that protects him from base genjutsu, but he was completely toying with Sasuke that entire time.

@Nierre
Kakashi also has resistance to every genjutsu that's not Tsukuyomi, which Itachi really didn't even want to use. He didn't want to fight Jiraiya at all as he had already used several genjutsu including Tsukuyomi, and even amaterasu that day adn way low on chakra.

Using all these to say Itachi won't start with genjustu ignores all context behind why he didn't use it to start. It'd literally be like saying Doffy wouldn't use P:arasyte because he didn't use it against people who can resist.
This is all ironic because you're ignoring why he did use Genjutsu in the first place.

The whole reason why he was there was to kidnap Naruto. He could have easily done a Genjutsu against Jiraiya. He used Amaterasu to escape Jiraiya's toad trap so he 1000% had enough chakra for a genjutsu.

The reason why he didn't is because he had an ultear motive: which was to let Jiraiya and Kakashi know that the Akatsuki is after Naruto "I'm after the legacy of the Fourth Hokage". Itachi is a spy - he wasn't trying to actually take Naruto, he instead "put up a farce" enough so that Kisame and the Konoha leaf wouldn't get too suspicious of him. That's why Kisame asks why they ran away Itachi responded with because he used Tsukuyomi AND Amaterasu. Itachi could've just used genjutsu instead of Amaterasu and just taken Naruto but he didnt for a reason.

He used Genjutsu against Deidara because he was trying to recruit him
ignores all context

He reversed the Genjutsu placed on him by Kurenai - it's not like he walked up to her and placed one on her. Doffy doesn't have genjutsu's to place on him so that's not a good point for "Genjutsu is his starting move"
ignores all context

couldn't use any genjutsu besides Tsukuyomi for the rest of the fight, because everyone either closed their eyes or didn't look him in the eyes.

This isn't true at all. They actually make eye contact MANY times throughout the encounter.

I kinda love how we’ve evolved from originally saying Sasuke doesn’t start with Genjutsu in a fight to now arguing Itachi doesn’t starts with genjutsu.

Naruto scaling progression at its finest 🗿

sparring not an actual fight.
its not much of a spar if he instantly mindhax
Ehhh sure I guess.
Orochimaru was Under genjutsu from the beginning there, there wasn’t even a fight
Exactly, my point is the "fight" against Orochimaru can't even be used because there was no fight to begin with. It was just Itachi flexing and basically telling Orochimaru to know his place lol. IK nobody mentioned Orochimaru but I just wanted to shoot that down before someone tried to bring it up as an argument.
straight up false, clones are impossible to differentiate from the user even to Kaguya
I mean it's useless not because Doffy will be able to tell which is which - but because he will literally "see" when he uses a clone. "see" because he's using Haki.

It's like you standing in front of me and making a clone. I saw you make the clone so I know which one is you.
nope it’s basically teleporting out of the way
Sure.
Kakashi resists All Genjutsu except Tsukuyomi, He wanted Jiraiya to win and for them to escape (whereas mindhaxing and not killing him would be suspicious)
Yes, but you have no proof that he'll use it against a random person he's fighting if he's never actually had that random encounter with a random person. Of course if he has then I'll concede, but none of you have come forth with said evidence.
I kinda love how we’ve evolved from originally saying Sasuke doesn’t start with Genjutsu in a fight to now arguing Itachi doesn’t starts with genjutsu.

Naruto scaling progression at its finest 🗿
It's just about who's better at arguing. Nobody has been able to prove it to me so why would I agree that's what he starts with in a random encounter if nobody has proved it to me.

This is all ironic because you're ignoring why he did use Genjutsu in the first place.
Ok. So? Regardless he had a reason not to use genjutsu here, and was low on chakra using Tsukuyomi twice.

He reversed the Genjutsu placed on him by Kurenai - it's not like he walked up to her and placed one on her. Doffy doesn't have genjutsu's to place on him so that's not a good point for "Genjutsu is his starting move"
He still used it to start, even if it was a reversal. He also used it on that random woman to seduce Jiraiya and on the first person he saw in Konoha.
This isn't true at all. They actually make eye contact MANY times throughout the encounter.
I was talking about his encounter with Kakashi and co.

Back